Become a Patron!

Post your builds

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so i took a crack at 32/42 (all n80) aliens today and ended up with a pair. i put one in my kayfun prime (.6 ohms) and i re-coiled my rocket with the other one (.7 ohms). been wanting to try this build for a long time, but always chickened out. @Pegleg Meg pushing herself was the inspirational kick in the butt i needed to give it a shot. wasnt really anywhere near as hard as i thought it would be. if you can hit 40 gauge alien wrap, you can probably do these too :cheers:
3242wire.JPG
3242kayfp.JPG
3242genny.JPG

Darthvaper510

Member For 2 Years
so i took a crack at 32/42 (all n80) aliens today and ended up with a pair. i put one in my kayfun prime (.6 ohms) and i re-coiled my rocket with the other one (.7 ohms). been wanting to try this build for a long time, but always chickened out. @Pegleg Meg pushing herself was the inspirational kick in the butt i needed to give it a shot. wasnt really anywhere near as hard as i thought it would be. if you can hit 40 gauge alien wrap, you can probably do these too :cheers:
View attachment 104972
View attachment 104971
View attachment 104970
Looks nice bro! I'm super jealous I haven't got to build in awhile I get to look at the site like a Dr.Suse book (just the pictures) lol keep up the good work everyone!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question.. has anyone tried to Clapton in the spaces between the alien wraps with a smaller gauge wire?? or maybe try to fuse in there?? I keep telling myself I'm gonna try it, but I never have.. doubting it would look good or do much, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
do you mean like a groove fuse, or another pass of alien wraps? i have never seen anyone try to groove fuse aliens, but there is a build called alien staggs where you space a pass of aliens and then do another pass in the spaces (with frames).

hurry up and build something @Darthvaper510 :cuss2::hug:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 104972
View attachment 104971
View attachment 104970

Do you like the vape on the thinner wires mate?

I’ve tried 40+ before with thinner gauge cores admittedly not with an alien .... just seem to like 26g 36g the most do you find that too with a set pairing?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you like the vape on the thinner wires mate?

I’ve tried 40+ before with thinner gauge cores admittedly not with an alien .... just seem to like 26g 36g the most do you find that too with a set pairing?
they both vape great. i have tried some smaller fused claptons in the kayfun before, but it usually just increased ramp-up more than anything else, so i stuck with round wire builds. these perform great. its hard to say if flavor is noticeably better because both setups are generally great even with round wire, but the clouds are thicker and it seems to ramp up faster (3x32n80 vs 1x28ka1). the kayfun is especially different than normal. i only did one tank in the rocket on round wire before this, so i dont know it well enough to know whats different, beyond the slightly faster ramp-up and increased clouds. i am very familiar with the juice i put in it and it tastes as good as ever, so thats a good sign.

i always try to keep my aliens ten apart, unless i am intentionally using 34 wrap for the sake of polishing. i like to use the smallest wrap i can for clapton wrap though, just for ramp-up on mech mods. i do find that there is a bit of falloff in that regard, when you go smaller. i have a staple build i like for series and i rebuilt it once (same juice and atomizer) with 42 instead of 38 and i noticed something 'less' about it. 42 also gunks up way faster, so that might have been part of it.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 104972
View attachment 104971
View attachment 104970

Gorgeous bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 104972
View attachment 104971
View attachment 104970

Now that's hitting it! :eek:

How do you hold the wrap wire?

Last edited:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you mean like a groove fuse, or another pass of alien wraps? i have never seen anyone try to groove fuse aliens, but there is a build called alien staggs where you space a pass of aliens and then do another pass in the spaces (with frames).

hurry up and build something @Darthvaper510 :cuss2::hug:
yeah, I was thinking of trying to groove fuse them, either that or just simply try to get another (smaller) wire in the grooves of a single wire. btw, thanks, now there's more I have to add to my list of "waste a bunch of wire until you finally get useable coils" list lol that groove fuse alien looks sweet

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, I was thinking of trying to groove fuse them, either that or just simply try to get another (smaller) wire in the grooves of a single wire. btw, thanks, now there's more I have to add to my list of "waste a bunch of wire until you finally get useable coils" list lol that groove fuse alien looks sweet

sorry, alien stagg

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Lol I've tried the patino's, bought 2 sets of them. Now my setup is at a stage where I don't need them. I managed a 4 30 core alien without any sliders or anything haha was quite chuffed with that

Edit. Picture of said 4 core alien.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
f76cf8779054adfa394e461c9b5702e8.jpg
Do you find that aliens get better flavor/vapor than fused claptons? what are the benefits besides looking dam sexy? Just wondering, still haven't jumped into anything complicated and want to soon.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you find that aliens get better flavor/vapor than fused claptons? what are the benefits besides looking dam sexy? Just wondering, still haven't jumped into anything complicated and want to soon.

Very much so. There’s more crevices for the juice to sit in the coil, more wire on the wrap so greater heating surface (idk if I’m explaining that one correctly). The flavor is just crisper. Hard to explain. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with a good fused framed staple coil....nothing at all. Many just prefer the alien wrap over the regular fused wrap.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pretty crazy... I just found my old Double Vison RDA box and I had a little plastic container in it where I used to put all my extra coils. I used to not measure my wire out so I would always end up with 3 coils whenever I went to make a dual coil. At that time I just didn’t care because I wanted to build. Didn’t care if I wasted wire, made to much wire, etc etc, as long as I could keep building. So I started saving the 3rd coil each time and placing it in a small container to use on my flavor tester RDAs (only use single coils because using dual coils could waste a ton of cotton since I change the cotton to taste each juice) to taste my juice after I mixed and steeped.... so looking threw the coils just now I found my first attempts at a Staggerton coil, alien coil and a staggered framed staple coil!! Wow it was so long ago, they didn’t even call them staggertons at that time haha!!! Here’s a pic of the staggerton, I’ll post the alien and SFS in a little while when I get back home..

02b62757b15cf26a91e3c84aa79561ea.jpg

I have no idea what the specs are. Really not that bad for my first time!!!

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
finally got a wasp w/ a squonk pin. no more starring at my other one in anger for not having one :)
6980ece8e3f57b38d7bc3441c1d3779c.jpg
b7405cdcdc666d991cfaf7c5a34f063f.jpg

How u liking the wasp? I’m thinking about grabbing one... not that it’s that big of a deal, it’s cheap enough to just get it haha. I just don’t have any single coil rda, would be nice to have such a small dripper so I can better test my juice recipes. Does it live up to the hype flavor wise or am I better off just sticking with my other smaller dual coil rda with single coil airflow thingy majiggy?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Pretty crazy... I just found my old Double Vison RDA box and I had a little plastic container in it where I used to put all my extra coils. I used to not measure my wire out so I would always end up with 3 coils whenever I went to make a dual coil. At that time I just didn’t care because I wanted to build. Didn’t care if I wasted wire, made to much wire, etc etc, as long as I could keep building. So I started saving the 3rd coil each time and placing it in a small container to use on my flavor tester RDAs (only use single coils because using dual coils could waste a ton of cotton since I change the cotton to taste each juice) to taste my juice after I mixed and steeped.... so looking threw the coils just now I found my first attempts at a Staggerton coil, alien coil and a staggered framed staple coil!! Wow it was so long ago, they didn’t even call them staggertons at that time haha!!! Here’s a pic of the staggerton, I’ll post the alien and SFS in a little while when I get back home..

02b62757b15cf26a91e3c84aa79561ea.jpg

I have no idea what the specs are. Really not that bad for my first time!!!

Literally a golden oldie!

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How u liking the wasp? I’m thinking about grabbing one... not that it’s that big of a deal, it’s cheap enough to just get it haha. I just don’t have any single coil rda, would be nice to have such a small dripper so I can better test my juice recipes. Does it live up to the hype flavor wise or am I better off just sticking with my other smaller dual coil rda with single coil airflow thingy majiggy?

I have 2.. I love them.. the first didn't come with a squonk pin, this one does.. it shines as a squonker. and imo, yes, it lives up to the flavor hype. my only con, is that if you over squeeze, you get A LOT of spitback due to how close the tip is to the coil (which is why the flavor rocks.. double edges sword) I sometimes raise the top up to where it sits on the top o-ring instead of being all the way down if I over drip/squonk. eliminates that issue.. dollar for dollar though, you can't beat it. best flavor single coil I've tried. get one.. he'll, get 2

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would say so myself, it's all to do with the wicking action of the coil. I don't know exactly why it is but an alien coil seems to just suck juice in. Add that action to a faster ramp up time and you have hella flavour and clouds. Definitely worth investing a little bit of time in to try and get them yourself :)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love that style of post, had the same type in the rabies rda. Just wish the airflow was better on that thing

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my recoil rebel man... hope u have as good a time with it as I do... I use the snake bite cap and it’s amazing

I had a regular recoil before and really loved it. I like the larger build space and look of the New one but the coating seems to lock extra heat in. Either way it is an excellent rda and I am pretty pumped to really test it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So my cotton bacon prime just got here... put some fresh fraliens in my Reload RTA and HOLY SHIT..... I haven’t had this flavorful of a vape in I couldn’t even tell you the last time. The coil is just constantly soaked with juice because of the new cotton. When they said they increased the absorption rate by 33% they were not lying.... damn.. this thing is kicking the flavor right now, I’m in fucking heaven. I apologize for all the profanity but if anything ever warranted it, it was this!

990e50b2743d68b363e5b17c1b8f1333.jpg

8641ebf088544990767a42db03656d80.jpg

4(.4x.1k)
2(26k)
35k alien- 4.5 Wraps/3mm - .11 ohm
COTTON BACON PRIME

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 104972
View attachment 104971
View attachment 104970

So hey man, that a good MTL vape? Wonderin more about the KF, I'm not much into genesis tanks

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So hey man, that a good MTL vape? Wonderin more about the KF, I'm not much into genesis tanks
yeah it is a great mtl imo. i dunno what kind of mtl you like, but the prime on its smallest air setting is looser than the rocket r i just got/ce4 tanks/kayfun mini v3 can go tighter, but its tighter than a kayfun 5 (smallest setting)/pocket rta and more of the looser mtl setups. i liked it before, i used it as my go-to for work (steel tank section, good battery life, non-invasive clouds), but since i put this little alien in it i havnt put it down. highly recommend a clone to try out if you are interested at all in mtl. i like it enough that an authentic is likely going to be a near future purchase.
How do you hold the wrap wire?
barely :p

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah it is a great mtl imo. i dunno what kind of mtl you like, but the prime on its smallest air setting is looser than the rocket r i just got/ce4 tanks/kayfun mini v3 can go tighter, but its tighter than a kayfun 5 (smallest setting)/pocket rta and more of the looser mtl setups. i liked it before, i used it as my go-to for work (steel tank section, good battery life, non-invasive clouds), but since i put this little alien in it i havnt put it down. highly recommend a clone to try out if you are interested at all in mtl. i like it enough that an authentic is likely going to be a near future purchase.

I like really tight air MTL. Loving the alien in my Serpent Mini with the air closed all the way. Something new is making my throat tickle lately though, better not be the Kanthal D I've been wrapping with :mad: hopefully it's just one of my new flavorings

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like really tight air MTL. Loving the alien in my Serpent Mini with the air closed all the way. Something new is making my throat tickle lately though, better not be the Kanthal D I've been wrapping with :mad: hopefully it's just one of my new flavorings
the prime is a great mtl, but it might be a bit loose for you if you like them really tight. its worth trying a clone if you have an extra fifteen bucks and can wait a bit for shipping. i like them pretty tight too, but this is quickly becoming my new preference. i would suggest trying the mini v3 too, if you are in the market for a mtl tank. that has a screw for the afc so you can really dial it in to the perfect feel. its a small tank (maybe 18 or 20mm) tho so it looks funny on modern mods

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the berserker MTL RTA and that has one of the tightest draws available as far as I'm aware, nice little setup that can be altered while the juice tank is full because the chimney locks into place. I enjoy it anyway

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the prime is a great mtl, but it might be a bit loose for you if you like them really tight. its worth trying a clone if you have an extra fifteen bucks and can wait a bit for shipping. i like them pretty tight too, but this is quickly becoming my new preference. i would suggest trying the mini v3 too, if you are in the market for a mtl tank. that has a screw for the afc so you can really dial it in to the perfect feel. its a small tank (maybe 18 or 20mm) tho so it looks funny on modern mods
I quite enjoyed the v4 kayfun when I had it, berserker is around the same but with tighter draw. Same sort of deck

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quite enjoyed the v4 kayfun when I had it, berserker is around the same but with tighter draw. Same sort of deck

i have been thinking about the berserker and the recent siren as well. i am kind of a kayfun fanboy, so i jumped on the prime instead. what kinds of builds do you (or anyone reading this) use for mtl? like i said above, i have tried a few fused claptons and stuff before, but i always stuck with roundwire for rampup because most of my experiments were fails until i hit 32/42 aliens.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely honestly the most complicated I have tried was a mini Clapton. 30g/42g. I was at a stage where I was trying to just go smaller and smaller, need to get back to that so I can try a mini SFC in the berserker. I know they send it out with tiny fused claptons but as ever with premade coils I'm hesitant to use them as I like to know the composition of the wire I use. One thing I quite like crazy wire company for as they put up all of their metal compositions

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i have been thinking about the berserker and the recent siren as well. i am kind of a kayfun fanboy, so i jumped on the prime instead. what kinds of builds do you (or anyone reading this) use for mtl? like i said above, i have tried a few fused claptons and stuff before, but i always stuck with roundwire for rampup because most of my experiments were fails until i hit 32/42 aliens.

I am not in the market...way out of the market actually, no don't tempt me to buy a Berserker - I would get the Mini cause of metal tank option - unbreakable! @KarmicRage ! Been looking at it too much, don't Need it!

Mine is 3x30 and 0.66 ohms, I like the fast ramp up and I take short toots (lol)

Just 5 wraps of 28 or 30 for tinier MTL, like Kayfuns -used tonhave a Monster V3 mini and used a vape band to cut air down, before that I used a Kanger T3S when I quit smoking, I can't remember what guage I rebuilt those with

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Berserker is great. 6 wrap 26 gauge nichrome 80 at 3.0 mm ID it may be simple. But a great little setup.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So with all the "small talk" lately, I decided to try some smaller gauge wire work.
10 ply 0.2x0.1 KA1 ribbon, 2x32KA1 frames, 46N80 binding.
Probably gonna go with 4/5 wraps, depending on what atty/mod combo I go with. It should end up somewhere around 0.30Ω per coil.
I had a couple "oopses" in the stick, but overall it should still vape okay. Ended up with about 30cm.

rYnqzGd.jpg
Mc2CCJZ.jpg

4HQheSe.jpg

52MEVux.jpg

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slick work chef :) I've only ever done one build with .2x.1 ribbon and it was was finicky as fuck lol. Might have to delve in there again see if I can make a better go of it as mine was straight staple, I'd think the frames might help keep the wire more uniform. How do they vape for ya?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank ya!
Slick work chef :) I've only ever done one build with .2x.1 ribbon and it was was finicky as fuck lol. Might have to delve in there again see if I can make a better go of it as mine was straight staple, I'd think the frames might help keep the wire more uniform. How do they vape for ya?

Haven't installed them yet. I just now coiled 'em. Ended up with 5/6 wraps, probably about 0.35Ω per coil.

ungXcB4.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Added one more wrap - I'm glad I left the legs long enough. Wonky install with funky colors on the Kennedy. Ended up at 0.20Ω for the dual coils, sitting on the Classique parallel mech.

The flavor is fantastic though. It brings out certain flavor nuances in the Nilla Cake that I use to test all new builds and atties. I like it a lot.

MJF0X3C.jpg

Last edited:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so, not sure what you'd call it, but I'm sure one of you will know - there's no original ideas anymore lol couldn't sleep so started messing around with some scrap in had laying around.. 4*28g KA1 twisted in pairs x 38g SS316L.. it almost works out like a SFC due to how tight the 28g twisted up, but in a way the fuse goes on like a helix.. steam engine says should be around .18-.20 dual with a 3.0 ID fixing to mount them up and see how they do. I'm thinking the Pro Drip and the VGOD..
04f055f0ec00913d92e629053b201622.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great work everyone!! :cheers:

@KarmicRage the clamps could be stuck at post office mate i had a little flyer through saying they wouldn’t release them until I paid yet more money...that flyer might be missing?

Don’t get me started on this I’m still pissed off
:cuss2:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so, not sure what you'd call it, but I'm sure one of you will know - there's no original ideas anymore lol couldn't sleep so started messing around with some scrap in had laying around.. 4*28g KA1 twisted in pairs x 38g SS316L.. it almost works out like a SFC due to how tight the 28g twisted up, but in a way the fuse goes on like a helix.. steam engine says should be around .18-.20 dual with a 3.0 ID fixing to mount them up and see how they do. I'm thinking the Pro Drip and the VGOD..
04f055f0ec00913d92e629053b201622.jpg

at a 3mm ID, ramp up was just a touch too long for my liking, I'm don't usually purge before taking a hit. dropped it to 2.5 and this thing vapes wonderfully, I'm quite surprised..
1798b7ccfc921e67107e52c524d68c63.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
at a 3mm ID, ramp up was just a touch too long for my liking, I'm don't usually purge before taking a hit. dropped it to 2.5 and this thing vapes wonderfully, I'm quite surprised..
1798b7ccfc921e67107e52c524d68c63.jpg

too bad you can't see the 38g fusing the twisted cores.. ordering a macro lense as we speak.. f this lol

VU Sponsors