Become a Patron!

Post your builds

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very nice @KingPin! I have yet to receive anything from the post office about my clamps or about customs. Proper pissing me off like, customs and excise is to do with the crown right? So royal mail now being a privatised company means they're not entitled to customs money in my head. Really wanna freak at some cunt about it cause they're taking the piss, not just time wise but money wise.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Those dual coils above didn’t evenly heat one of the cores must have slipped
:gaah:

Ok raymos clamps got another looking today haha Fraliens this time, just finished them
2x28g 316L,
6x 0.3 x 0.1 KA1,
38g 316L

3mm 0.15ohms dual coil ...flavour of these coils is immense first time I’ve ever done fraliens

B0023EF2-1FC2-4D2D-B59B-37A50DE50F5B.jpeg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Very nice @KingPin! I have yet to receive anything from the post office about my clamps or about customs. Proper pissing me off like, customs and excise is to do with the crown right? So royal mail now being a privatised company means they're not entitled to customs money in my head. Really wanna freak at some cunt about it cause they're taking the piss, not just time wise but money wise.

Royal Mail charged £8 just handling them fuckers ... the “crown” duty was £4.64 plus the international shipping on top ....I ended up paying more to get them here than the clamps cost themselves came to about $60 bucks for me :(

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
They're fucking cheeky bastards so called "royal mail". Better hurry up and get my package sorted out the bastards haha

There is a note on the front of the package said any order value over £15 incurs additional cost so anyone shipping to the uk make sure you stick less than that on the invoice haha ....clamps were literally just over it said $25, if it had said $20 would have got through fine I reckon

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not worth letting the bastards have it when all they do is fuck over the lower workers. Its like the smiths from matrix saying "we need to be involved in this transaction" :/ cunts, absolutely and positively

I did say to guy behind the counter are you having a laugh ....feel the weight of this package and tell me that cost 8 quid for you to handle it ....it’s a minimum amount was the reply it’s costs that up to a certain weight or cost

What do you do not pay it? Don’t get the package at all then lesson learned I guess

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for supporting Raymo though just not that scandalous pricks my end

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Ok raymos clamps got another looking today haha Fraliens this time, just finished them
2x28g 316L,
6x 0.3 x 0.1 KA1,
38g 316L

3mm 0.15ohms dual coil ...flavour of these coils is immense first time I’ve ever done fraliens

View attachment 105239
Where'd you get that Templar from?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How about your job is handling postage so do your fucking job and stop charging a premium for doing so. Proper fucktard wankers, just doesn't sit well with me this. Don't like cunts making something for nothing haha

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How about your job is handling postage so do your fucking job and stop charging a premium for doing so. Proper fucktard wankers, just doesn't sit well with me this. Don't like cunts making something for nothing haha

Well hey, it's also their job to charge those charges eh? Hard to please customers And the boss man, and even the boss man has a boss...those douches up top who never touch mail are the culprits and crooks

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't care about the boss man, most of them are self centered wank stains lol its like working in Maccies and then trying to charge your boss for cleaning the floor, doesn't happen. Ya do your job and get paid for your efforts. It just doesn't work out in my head

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

2x28g 316L,
6x 0.3 x 0.1 KA1,
38g 316L

View attachment 105239

Beautiful! Did the alien makers work the way I said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Beautiful! Did the alien makers work the way I said?

Yeah thanks mate they worked an absolute charm in fact I only secured the swivel end with thin gauge wire ...put the alien makers on (3 of them) run one down to the clamp end and just glued the end without securing it ...super tidy much easier than messing about with ribbon sliders :cheers:

Cant wait to give the wide boys a go

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah thanks mate they worked an absolute charm in fact I only secured the swivel end with thin gauge wire ...put the alien makers on (3 of them) run one down to the clamp end and just glued the end without securing it ...super tidy much easier than messing about with ribbon sliders :cheers:

Cant wait to give the wide boys a go

Awesome man... so happy I was able to help! I normally glue my swivel end, use 2 (sometimes 3 if I’m doing a wider body fralien) alien makers and then put the other end in my clamp. They really are amazing... nothing beats being able to just keep wrapping your alien without having to worry about moving your sliders!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tri-core fused Clapton

2x26C x 42W

Such a stellar vape. With 42 I can use it dual single battery. Nice quick pulls. These babies are .1 nichrome80 pure atomist makes amazing wire. Very nice stuff.
fa621075a72ae99f4a0715b240d5012a.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome man... so happy I was able to help! I normally glue my swivel end, use 2 (sometimes 3 if I’m doing a wider body fralien) alien makers and then put the other end in my clamp. They really are amazing... nothing beats being able to just keep wrapping your alien without having to worry about moving your sliders!

I do glue both ends still just didnt have to bother prepping both end with the makers ...one thing that’s doesnt work for me though is continually wrapping, I still have to stop, move it and start otherwise my alien drops which is enfuiriting in the middle of a 5 inch pinch :D

Perhaps it’s because my swivels are shite and the wire is twisting early on?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@KingPin! If it's the patino's alien makers you should take 3 pieces of wire and just work them through whilst watching tele or something. They're quite "grippy" when ya first get them, only used mine a handful of times but that's one thing I did need to do to make sure they slide smoothly when pressed against with the wrapping wire

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a go with raymos clamps today 4x28 316L 38g N80
very nice :cheers:
first time I’ve ever done fraliens
:slowclap: i remember trying to push you into a pair of those the day you hit aliens lol. looks great
I ended up paying more to get them here than the clamps cost themselves came to about $60 bucks for me
me too. the shipping and fees cost a little more than the clamps themselves to get them to canada :facepalm:
Shout out to my friends @mach1ne and @CrazyChef v2.0.
its good to see you here man :D super clean work, as always. i still havnt tried a zipper of any kind either @AnthonyLouis and every time this guy makes a set i say' soon ill make a set of those too' :cheers:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So with all the "small talk" lately, I decided to try some smaller gauge wire work.
10 ply 0.2x0.1 KA1 ribbon, 2x32KA1 frames, 46N80 binding.
Probably gonna go with 4/5 wraps, depending on what atty/mod combo I go with. It should end up somewhere around 0.30Ω per coil.
I had a couple "oopses" in the stick, but overall it should still vape okay. Ended up with about 30cm.

rYnqzGd.jpg
Mc2CCJZ.jpg

4HQheSe.jpg

52MEVux.jpg
Great job chef. Shit happens. Those are still great. Sometimes imperfections show the real Beauty.

46? Dayum. That's small as fuck. I just popped my 42g cherry. It hurt. I started bleeding. Jus kidding. But yeah I went from 36g to 42. I think I'm going to stop going higher and stay at 40..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin! If it's the patino's alien makers you should take 3 pieces of wire and just work them through whilst watching tele or something. They're quite "grippy" when ya first get them, only used mine a handful of times but that's one thing I did need to do to make sure they slide smoothly when pressed against with the wrapping wire

Yeah did that mate these freely fall when I put them on a stack, for some reason though when my wrap wire gets to them they snag and it’s causes my alien to drop out?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a bit shit. They're a great set of reusable sliders like, I dunno what happened with me though, my builds have gotten to a stage whereas I don't need them anymore. Which is shit cause I bought 2 sets of them and I've used them about 5 times haha. Just sit there now catching dust

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
very nice :cheers:

:slowclap: i remember trying to push you into a pair of those the day you hit aliens lol. looks great

Thanks Bro yeah I know late to the club and all that hahaha still another one ticked now :)

Noticed already how much quicker they wick than normal framed staples ...me likey a lot

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That's a bit shit. They're a great set of reusable sliders like, I dunno what happened with me though, my builds have gotten to a stage whereas I don't need them anymore. Which is shit cause I bought 2 sets of them and I've used them about 5 times haha. Just sit there now catching dust

Offer them to the post office guy as a trade for the clamps :giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Tri-core fused Clapton

2x26C x 42W

Such a stellar vape. With 42 I can use it dual single battery. Nice quick pulls. These babies are .1 nichrome80 pure atomist makes amazing wire. Very nice stuff.

Really tidy coil there mate!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love the way an alien will just suck juice into it, proper thirsty coils hahaha

Been having trouble getting my fraliens to not stay so soaked they spit at me! Never had THAT problem before! Real fine mist of spitting though, not complainin much

I swear they wick all the juice that condenses around the coil, they just inhale it straight off the walls and roof of my Pyro yep magic

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Been having trouble getting my fraliens to not stay so soaked they spit at me! Never had THAT problem before! Real fine mist of spitting though, not complainin much

I swear they wick all the juice that condenses around the coil, they just inhale it straight off the walls and roof of my Pyro yep magic

Can try packing the cotton a bit tighter in the coil itself that helps alleviate a lot of the spitting

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can try that or I tend with the pyro to either pack the cotton in tighter to where it goes into the juice well and not leave a gap either side of it, or open the airflow the tiniest bit more. Or a combination of the 2 lol. I find when you're huffing on the pyro that if the airflow is too restricted it can lead to spitting, possibly because that gap next to the cotton allows juice to just run into the deck.
Just my experience with this RDTA mind you, but it has helped alleviate the "hot juice to the back of the throat" aspect haha

Edit. Another thing I'll try is 5-10w higher than I'd usually go, so say I usually run an alien at 110w, I'll bump it up a little to 115w and that can also help vaporise the juice instead of just heat it up.

Edit to edit. I am using a single 5mm coil though so maybe a little more if you're using a dual coil setup.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tri-core fused Clapton

2x26C x 42W

Very nice build @Zohmbiebuilds. I'll be honest with you I can barely clapton 40 consistently. I think that's a very nice coil you have there. I wish I had the ability to clapton with 42 gauge to get that look and performance. I do a lot of alien variations but I almost never go above 38g with that stuff. Usually 36g is what I'm most comfortable with. It looks like you claptioned that guy with near perfection.

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

2x28g 316L,
6x 0.3 x 0.1 KA1,
38g 316L

View attachment 105239
Looks amazing, absolutely great.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had pancakes too!!!

That was my first decore and I have a longer one up next to make a stick for two coils!
I just love how ribbon looks stacked
Pardon if I overshare
View attachment 105262
Frailens were meant to be shared:vino:.IMG_0677.jpg(Sorry the alien waves aren't super clear I need to get a magnifying glass.)

Last edited:

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My very first clapton build!!!!

I used 24g SS 316L core 32g SS 316L wrap. A lot of trial and error with securing the 32g in the chuck of the drill but I finally figured it out. Much more flavor out of my OFT by glas and more throat hit rather than a 26g plain wire coil

A couple spacings but not too shabby for my first custom build :)

q1llBvN.jpg

uZuQVh2.jpg

Edit-

Some close ups of the finished product

6c1emtR.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had pancakes too!!!

That was my first decore and I have a longer one up next to make a stick for two coils!
I just love how ribbon looks stacked
Pardon if I overshare
View attachment 105262
What size ribbon is that. I have .8 and fused a 6ply and it was so hard to coil up. Any tips besides a vice. And what's up with the syrup? Better than lickity spit I assume.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors