Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Keep at it - you'll get it eventually. Both @raymo2u and myself were like "fuck this ribbon shit" a couple of years ago. But we eventually learned how to 'tame the beast' so to speak.

EDIT: Get some 0.5 to practice with. 0.8 is so wide that it's basically unusable - too low in resistance for most uses, and when you can use it, it just gets too damn hot. It'll overheat your mod. 0.5 is much easier to learn with, while still having usable qualities. Then try again with 0.4 or 0.3.
I still feel that way some days but nothing like I used to...I remember seeing everyone else doing framed staples and kept pushing the "fused claptons are better" crap...I just couldnt get a grasp on Ribbon, only experience can fix that.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I still feel that way some days but nothing like I used to...I remember seeing everyone else doing framed staples and kept pushing the "fused claptons are better" crap...I just couldnt get a grasp on Ribbon, only experience can fix that.

I remember when you were staggering freehand with the spool tamers ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could I get some staggering tips, or a link to a thread about staggering? Sorry for asking here, but it's the most active thread
im trying to work on an 'official stagger/fuse' thread but its going to take some work (i need to take pics of all the loop/spacing tricks as well as write it up). will try to get it finished tonight or tomorrow i promise :cheers:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Could I get some staggering tips, or a link to a thread about staggering? Sorry for asking here, but it's the most active thread

What I found works best is getting a smaller fishing weight, #2, and then run the gauge wire u want to stagger with thru it and use that as your loop. U could also use a heavier rda if u can’t get the weight. Check out n.devine YouTube channel. He uses this method a lot!

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I found works best is getting a smaller fishing weight, #2, and then run the gauge wire u want to stagger with thru it and use that as your loop. U could also use a heavier rda if u can’t get the weight. Check out n.devine YouTube channel. He uses this method a lot!

Aren't those made of lead? o_O

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably wrapped the wrong direction but dammit there's 6 strands if .3 ribbon in there. My back is killing me so I'll be wrapping up for tonight. Ha ha. Put it on an ohm reader after work sometime.
111ccb47bf83b5aa0a041d9c820d2d72.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so i took the pics of different spacing methods, and did a build in the process (why waste spaced clapton wire?). heres the coil shot for now. i gotta work in a few hours. ill write up the stagger fuse thread and post some color shots hopefully tomorrow night...
metal snake spine (2x26/4 x .4mm/36 on 22 decore, spaced using a few different methods)
metalsnake.JPG

bilbs84

Member For 1 Year
Only started vaping 3 weeks ago, and so far my coils are nothing to write home about, but they vape fine, and they're a hell of a lot better than the sub tank I started with was.

Not my first build, but my second. 3 core twisted 26g SS316L, 3.1mm wrap, 6 turns, 17mm legs, ohs at .22, vaping at 50w on a Wismec RX2.

Pretty good flavour, and decent clouds with my 45/55 juice.
Next I want to try clapton this with some 34g, adding an extra turn, and seeing how that vapes.
33e186e45d097a864f0fe956ccf0be2f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Only started vaping 3 weeks ago, and so far my coils are nothing to write home about, but they vape fine, and they're a hell of a lot better than the sub tank I started with was.

Not my first build, but my second. 3 core twisted 26g SS316L, 3.1mm wrap, 6 turns, 17mm legs, ohs at .22, vaping at 50w on a Wismec RX2.

Next I want to try clapton this with some 34g, adding an extra turn, and seeing how that vapes.

You have a very fun road ahead of you friend. I wish there was a community like this when I started to vape. Hell when I started building there was only one dripper available to the mainstream haha

If u need any help or advice just @ me or ask here... I’m sure everyone would love to help ya

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well not exactly what I was hoping for but at the same time. It is exactly what I was looking for. At least I got it wrapped. The prep is a bitch and I need to work on that a lot. I'm pretty sure this ribbon is not right in there but hell ya gotta start somewhere, right? Only did 6ply to get the feel of it but need like a 10 for the ohms I want. This one is .53 which won't work for me but at least I made it through.
c39913e792730aed5f38223ef4535ffe.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple of fralien variations. Sorry the lack of activity and colourful coils, major cleaning operation going on indoors at the minute :)
f0341eb0d400558f4fdb28c807c80ec2.jpg
b7ea8fcc949e3e6f6eeff5855fc577b8.jpg
95fa93dfd15ba0436bde06493511eaaa.jpg
d116eefafda398f9710088eb46078a96.jpg
ea584c51c99b3136bd27ad581506601a.jpg
ce94ce7b19484224e8c16c1773b6abc8.jpg
c2a24998c66e910fe3e671dc298be036.jpg
b0567715a12619fa0b8d46265c4631b4.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
Let me ask. In the last color shit. It looks as the ribbon is flat. Is that how it's supposed to be positioned before wrapping. Just starting ribbon and I just assume vertical/on it's side is how it was supposed to go. Hell if I'm doing it wrong then I may be making it harder in myself.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Let me ask. In the last color shit. It looks as the ribbon is flat. Is that how it's supposed to be positioned before wrapping. Just starting ribbon and I just assume vertical/on it's side is how it was supposed to go. Hell if I'm doing it wrong then I may be making it harder in myself.

He's doing "variations" with ribbon, so it's not a regular old staple coil - normal staple coils are ribbon stacked like dominoes or deck of cards(wide side on wide side) you've got it

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Damn good for 2nd go. Hats off on that.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so i took the pics of different spacing methods, and did a build in the process (why waste spaced clapton wire?). heres the coil shot for now. i gotta work in a few hours. ill write up the stagger fuse thread and post some color shots hopefully tomorrow night...
metal snake spine (2x26/4 x .4mm/36 on 22 decore, spaced using a few different methods)
View attachment 105839
Love the way these coils look @mach1ne . If you posted them in an atty and took a color shot I'm sure it would be exceptional. But these are seriously killer coils. I couldn't do it that well. It's a special ability you posses.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow great aliens. Very clean work. Nice job! Bet they are a delicious vape.

Thanks bro... I took a break (year+) from building so I think I’m finally starting to get back in my groove. I got a lot of catching up to do still! My aliens are almost back to where they should be... gotta focus on my staggered builds next. I didn’t want to jump around, I wanted to perfect one build at a time rather then overwhelm myself and just try to pick up where I left off and do everything at once.

EDIT: F@*king amazing vape!!!

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah for a normal staple the ribbon should be stacked vertically but as long as it vapes for me I'm not too arsed lol. When I said variations I didn't mean about the way the ribbon was stacked @Pegleg Meg, I just meant different sizes like. And thank you @Shredtravolta, means alot dude

Edit. The small framed staple was intended for another alien stagg but it didn't turn out well enough :/

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah for a normal staple the ribbon should be stacked vertically but as long as it vapes for me I'm not too arsed lol. When I said variations I didn't mean about the way the ribbon was stacked @Pegleg Meg, I just meant different sizes like. And thank you @shredtravolta,evans alot dude

Oh like, different sized cores? Different size decore? Just imagine me holding my head on my hand and listening like a little kid at story time haha

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh like, different sized cores? Different size decore? Just imagine me holding my head on my hand and listening like a little kid at story time haha
Exactly :) I'm not much of a storyteller like haha the whole idea of doing different sizes is for different attys and power loads. Both of those were done with 36g decore, need to start moving up the gauges with you meg, doing some fantastic work yourself. Same for @Shredtravolta and @AnthonyLouis. This thread just seems to be exploding with talent lately, keep up the great work guys

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you scroll to post #17134 @Wtmke1 I put a tutorial up on how I manage to get .3 ribbon to do what it's supposed to. No licking, no wetting. Just a bit of ribbon wire binding and glue should suffice. I'd say at least have a look at it as I have never found it easier than when I started handling it this way. Hope it helps ya out.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly I'm not much of a storyteller like haha the whole idea of doing different sizes is for different attys and power loads. Both of those were done with 36g decore, need to start moving up the gauges with you meg, doing some fantastic work yourself. Same for @Shredtravolta and @AnthonyLouis. This thread just seems to be exploding with talent lately, keep up the great work guys

Haha I was on this thread for a long time! I was on a “sabbatical“!!!! We were in the low hundred page #s when I started coming here haha

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really nice!! That decore must be massively long haha

And yet it wasn't long enough for the whole stick :facepalm: I wanted two coils from that one lol

After the drill charges some I'll do this 8 ply(30)/40, got two definitely too long decores just in case :teehee:

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
first attempt Mohawk Fralien (at least I believe that's the name lol Razorback?? ) 6*.3x.1 x 2*26g N80 x 34g SS316L
e94ae623bded9071df2d38b0d22383b7.jpg
c65b97e450a974a807f219e700f18e76.jpg
ea3ee55badd7b5ed42d1ff357088227a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Really nice man. I think it'd be an interlocked mohawk as it looks like you have two wires wrapping around. A razorback is ribbon wire that's been claptoned vertically around other wire

Edit. Although from further inspection I can't actually tell what is wrapped around looks nice either way

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really nice man. I think it'd be an interlocked mohawk as it looks like you have two wires wrapping around. A razorback is ribbon wire that's been claptoned vertically around other wire

Edit. Although from further inspection I can't actually tell what is wrapped around looks nice either way
hahaha well, there's just 1 34g wrap on there, so interlocked is out.. yeah my photography skills leave much to be desired. only had the macro lense a few days now.. it's basically just a 6ply fralien slightly understretched and no tension on the wrap wire causing it to kinda raise up (and have a slight twist to it)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then I'm pretty sure it's a framed staple mohawk :) those razorback builds look kinda hard to do, simply because I don't have the type of clamp I've seen people do it with. Need to do another investment in wares for this venture haha

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then I'm pretty sure it's a framed staple mohawk :) those razorback builds look kinda hard to do, simply because I don't have the type of clamp I've seen people do it with. Need to do another investment in wares for this venture haha

framed staple Mohawk it is then lol

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
and ..i.. need to slow down on the awesome!? lol I'll trade you coils haha

Sorry, these already got chocolate chip mint on them <.< Taste would never come out!

I haven't done a mohawk yet!!!

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mint chocolate chip is my fav. icecream.. dunno how itd work as a juice though lol the hawks have blue/strawberry dragon fruit cream on them, and according to the Mrs. that dragon fruit lingers too.. if I'm being honest, I made the Mohawks by accident lol didn't hold enough tension on the wrap at the end of a set of fraliens so I had about 1/8th inch of Mohawk at the end of a stick so reloaded some cores, tried purposefully relaxing the pinch and viola.. looking forward to seeing your 40g ones shortly.. I'm waiting on my order of 36 and 38 before I can even attempt to get even remotely close to that. though if the past is any indication, it'll be a while.. I seem to have trouble with 38 and anything alien lately

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made an Andes Mint type juice a couple of years ago when I first started to learn DIY juice, and it was absolutely fantastic!
I never really gave it much thought as far as trying it as a mix, but I suppose it might be good just never cared for "ice" or "menthol" type flavors. I do love chocolate mint ice cream though, may have to look into this. I'm due to reorder a few flavors anyway. (and the Mrs. just loooooves seeing a big box from wizard labs sitting by the door so its win win, i enjoy giving her reasons to roll her eyes lol)

VU Sponsors