Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
woah thats a wild looking build man :eek: is that claptoned corrugated ribbon on the sides? also, one of your clearest photos ever. did you pick up a loupe or something? great work :cheers:
Thanks @mach1ne ! It is actually an alien core with corrugated claptons as frames. Honestly I wish I had done a full helix and I wish my work was a little cleaner its kinda sloppy to be honest but it was a decent idea. Maybe I'll do it again sometime in the future the way I know I really can, nice and clean. At least it was an idea:vino:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly how new coils come into existence! Experiment, find out what works and what doesn't. Next thing you know, everyone will be learning how to make "The S-Trav" coil! :D
the shredder!!

Thanks @mach1ne ! It is actually an alien core with corrugated claptons as frames. Honestly I wish I had done a full helix and I wish my work was a little cleaner its kinda sloppy to be honest but it was a decent idea. Maybe I'll do it again sometime in the future the way I know I really can, nice and clean. At least it was an idea:vino:
things are never born 'cleanly'. next one will be much smoother :cheers:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's exactly how new coils come into existence! Experiment, find out what works and what doesn't. Next thing you know, everyone will be learning how to make "The S-Trav" coil! :D
Thanks Chef! Maybe if I learn how to make it myself well enough first. I'm so tired I don't think I wrapped the frames quite right!:drunk::zombie:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
*troll face*

Screenshot_20180320-203947~2.png

Two .3/46 but wrapped horizontal for my tiniest rda

This isn't really a staple, right? Would it have to be more strands and wrapped vertically? I've no clue how I would wrap just 2 strands that way

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*troll face*

View attachment 106894

Two .3/46 but wrapped horizontal for my tiniest rda

This isn't really a staple, right? Would it have to be more strands and wrapped vertically? I've no clue how I would wrap just 2 strands that way
I've bought crappy "alien"wire that was just one strand in .3 ribbon wrapped with some 32ka. Flat Clapton I guess

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pretty sure its a staple coil no matter how many plies of ribbon are in it, or how its oriented. hows it vape in that little mtl atty?

"alien wire,"
crappy "alien"wire
i have a spool of it right here, its .8x.3mm ribbon (one ply) with 32 gauge clapton wrap (thats dull looking and gritty feeling). awful stuff :cuss2:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
pretty sure its a staple coil no matter how many plies of ribbon are in it, or how its oriented. hows it vape in that little mtl atty?

i have a spool of it right here, its .8x.3mm ribbon (one ply) with 32 gauge clapton wrap (thats dull looking and gritty feeling). awful stuff :cuss2:

I cut it to 5 wraps, 0.9 ohms, and it IS Especially Great. I really do taste more. Instant heat, quick cool, only thing left is to see how it holds up over time

That's what it was! .8x.3, that's why it was so stout! I crammed like 12 wraps of that into a clone kennedy 24 for my noisy cricket and vaped with no wick for a couple days, I was so tickled at the clouds lol

Last edited:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay i got my first big order over 5000ft of wire + some useful tools. l made fused claptons 26 cores and wrapped in 40 and then i told myself i should train alien and my first friking alien coil turned out pretty perfect! If i have to nitpick it could be like slightly tighter but i think it's almost perfect im so happy i got it almost right away this is like my 3th try overall
19d84053a773fed200c4fc0e5efb99bf.jpg
30f58215e68402ef2ad1e2242582d51b.jpg

Lähetetty minun Nexus 6P laitteesta Tapatalkilla

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay i got my first big order over 5000ft of wire + some useful tools. l made fused claptons 26 cores and wrapped in 40 and then i told myself i should train alien and my first friking alien coil turned out pretty perfect! If i have to nitpick it could be like slightly tighter but i think it's almost perfect im so happy i got it almost right away this is like my 3th try overall
19d84053a773fed200c4fc0e5efb99bf.jpg
30f58215e68402ef2ad1e2242582d51b.jpg

You kicked that alien's tushie! :stars2:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah! i think i'm fine without hand drill, atleast for now staggering is pretty easy with regular powerdrill. I need to grab regular corded drill tho :) next is to get framed staples and stag framed staples when i can do them perfectly it's time to start selling. But im not sure i live in finaland would folks over here wait that long it's pretty long time to wait some coils in a mail. i'm gooin stick selling them first here in finland and would see how it goes :)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is it normal that tricore aliens crackle alot and spit lilbit, got a single coil alien and it does that but it vapes great o_O
I find contact coils can tend to spit if not brushed over properly after installing the wick. Hotspots can reappear after being wicked due to pulling the coil around.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find contact coils can tend to spit if not brushed over properly after installing the wick. Hotspots can reappear after being wicked due to pulling the coil around.

Ichecked it well and brushed it good no hotspots it's not spitting it's just cracking but i think its normal then ?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A crackling sound is pretty normal dude, as long as it's not spitting like. I find a little more power can stop that from happening in some circumstances. Only 5_10 Watts like, or maybe a little more airflow might help alleviate that.

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A crackling sound is pretty normal dude, as long as it's not spitting like. I find a little more power can stop that from happening in some circumstances. Only 5_10 Watts like, or maybe a little more airflow might help alleviate that.

Yeah i'm thinking about it to. I got single coil but i think aliens shine when their in duals and 100+ watts :)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah i'm thinking about it to. I got single coil but i think aliens shine when their in duals and 100+ watts :)
I quite enjoy a single coil myself but a bigger one to take up the space dual Aliens would (or thereabouts) and always have a fantastic vape with them. Depending on the size of the cores I'll run Aliens up to 135w, mostly only push the wider Alien builds that far though

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I quite enjoy a single coil myself but a bigger one to take up the space dual Aliens would (or thereabouts) and always have a fantastic vape with them. Depending on the size of the cores I'll run Aliens up to 135w, mostly only push the wider Alien builds that far though

Thanks for the tips going try tomorrow with more builds. I want to know everything about every coils, litle tips etc. to make them vape amazingly. It's really nice if you can help costumers out when you sell pair to someone and costumer have same questions :) And of course for myself to loving building now to death it's so satisfying to make your own beautiful coils and vape on them and performance is out of the world :)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally after my 3rd attempt I landed the full Staple Helix. There really wasn't anything so hard about it. @mach1ne described the perfect coiling method and when I followed his directions it just worked plain and straight.:bliss:View attachment 106964

Very nice man... and yeah, there not really hard, they are just VERY time consuming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally after my 3rd attempt I landed the full Staple Helix. There really wasn't anything so hard about it. @mach1ne described the perfect coiling method and when I followed his directions it just worked plain and straight.:bliss:View attachment 106964
holy fuck, its beautiful :hug:

@The_hat_trix great work man :cheers:

edit - i did a groove fused stagg last night while watching n.devine livestream. 6 x .3mm/28/36/46. found it was easier to skip fuse it but i still made a ton of mistakes. gave them to roomie because i have nothing to put it in. will get a color shot whenever she get around to installing them in something
groovystagg.JPG

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

edit - i did a groove fused stagg last night while watching n.devine livestream. 6 x .3mm/28/36/46. found it was easier to skip fuse it but i still made a ton of mistakes. gave them to roomie because i have nothing to put it in. will get a color shot whenever she get around to installing them in something
View attachment 106970

You are killing it with these builds mate damn I need to pray to your coil gods some

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

edit - i did a groove fused stagg last night while watching n.devine livestream. 6 x .3mm/28/36/46. found it was easier to skip fuse it but i still made a ton of mistakes. gave them to roomie because i have nothing to put it in. will get a color shot whenever she get around t

View attachment 106970
I think the photo looks great. I'm almost ashamed to say that I've never actually groove fused anything. I understand the concept but I think I should watch some type of tutorial on it first. But I don't think any mistakes are noticeable I think it's an awesome build!:banana:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the photo looks great. I'm almost ashamed to say that I've never actually groove fused anything. I understand the concept but I think I should watch some type of tutorial on it first. But I don't think any mistakes are noticeable I think it's an awesome build!:banana:
groove fuse is pretty much the same thing as staggered fuse, but its just smaller and tighter. imo its a bit easier because you start with tight claptons instead of having to get good spacing. its a bit harder fusing but its just a matter of finding a groove like anything else. the n.devine stream from last night is an intro to groove fusing if youre looking for something to build along with :cheers:

i will thank my clever camera angle for hiding the mistakes. im sure ill be exposed if i end up getting a color shot from them lol

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Popped a couple of my Aliens in my Revolver Reloaded 2 Mech/RDTA setup. With it being roughly ohm’ing out at .12 it’s gets a bit hot, so I have to push the coils down closer to the deck because of the low-pro design of the RDTA Cap which misshapes them a bit and then I forgot to wash them off before pulsing for color...so, the resulting pics are pretty blah, but you can’t taste ugly, thank goodness!
3deb65a05c9a525ad0734a9b44c5a40a.jpg
78761098e3ef03a916d99d5a37d97642.jpg
09bf6df5865bae5018bfe4741e72ec4a.jpg
1a8a10ca0deec8208356994ac8bb9076.jpg
d88e0fd1978a23951274de18f6363333.jpg

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some massive fraliens...
5(.5x.1k)
2(24k)
34k Alien
Single coil/4.5 Wrap/3mm/.17ohm (I believe)

57f19ac8a46c6a57015a433d673bf163.jpg
73e47206cef7655c58a20ce3ba6562c9.jpg
7df9a4ee7d0aa796de7959ad2625e03a.jpg
492ee6e535576508e0a0dbfdff036ac5.jpg
a402a95f1c01720103cbbe063b97b190.jpg

Really great Fraliens. The 34g was a nice choice just to make the waves in the binding stand out that much more. Mind if I ask what gauge decore you used? Your alien waves look extra wavy and the binding is tight!

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay i had litle time to build today after work. tried my first staple staggered. 26 frames 0.45*0.1 ribbon fused and staggered with 36 nichrome. I just realised while i got first 5cm perfectly that the ribbon is to wide (0.4*0.1) is the correct one for this frames. So i twisted my ribbon at the end and my drill moved and twisted it wierdly so i think i might need that hand drill for this but i got 4 solid wraps ohmed out 0.14 and it's chuking some falvourful clouds holy shit that ribbon got some flavour in it I can't even imagine performance with duals. I tried mohawk alien to. Got the decore perfectly in place, but it was to loose and i streched it while wrapping any tips on that?
d6813111d99caf8cbe281ea4a5186f47.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7x 30 gauge Kanthal, 5 wraps, 3.5mm dual coil

0.15 ohms

I don't have a drill bit so I didn't perfectly straighten out each wire so it's not a perfect parallel but it still should create tons of surface area and fast ramp.
faf179173684b534566f14162d425f18.jpg
1057bc5b5c44331a45344fafd0150d7a.jpg
how you like the Aura?? I get flashes of flavor, but mostly, meh.. I've had it a few months now, thinking of putting it out to pasture. don't see many people using one, any tips or tricks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really great Fraliens. The 34g was a nice choice just to make the waves in the binding stand out that much more. Mind if I ask what gauge decore you used? Your alien waves look extra wavy and the binding is tight!

Thanks man, always nice to hear!! It was a 24g decore. I also try to alien in 10-12g increments... so if my decore is 24g I’ll alien with 34g, 26g decore I’ll alien with 36g. I found this the best way to make the aliens wave stick out the most. The smaller you go the harder it gets to see the alien wrap so I tend to stick with this formula.... especially for when I sell them, it just makes them pop more. People seem to like them better this way

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay i had litle time to build today after work. tried my first staple staggered. 26 frames 0.45*0.1 ribbon fused and staggered with 36 nichrome. I just realised while i got first 5cm perfectly that the ribbon is to wide (0.4*0.1) is the correct one for this frames. So i twisted my ribbon at the end and my drill moved and twisted it wierdly so i think i might need that hand drill for this but i got 4 solid wraps ohmed out 0.14 and it's chuking some falvourful clouds holy shit that ribbon got some flavour in it I can't even imagine performance with duals. I tried mohawk alien to. Got the decore perfectly in place, but it was to loose and i streched it while wrapping any tips on that?
d6813111d99caf8cbe281ea4a5186f47.jpg

You gotta hold the decore without putting any pressure on it... literally just let it slide thru your fingers

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
how you like the Aura?? I get flashes of flavor, but mostly, meh.. I've had it a few months now, thinking of putting it out to pasture. don't see many people using one, any tips or tricks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was gonna grab one of those a while back but didn’t think the clamp would hold up well enough with big builds

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I was gonna grab one of those a while back but didn’t think the clamp would hold up well enough with big builds

Don’t bother it’s shite...bought it ages ago never got round to reviewing it ..the review would be almost as short as that lol ...well maybe not I do like to crap on

VU Sponsors