Post your builds

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Vape_geek, Jun 25, 2014.

1. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Some Wire Shots:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Super Wide Build for the Golem RDA. 17plys of Ribbon and 2 28g Frames with 42g Stagger and Fuse, you could triple the width of this wire and do a one wrap and it would still fit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

mach1ne, Cormic, Branpro and 9 others like this.
  2. chrisswearingen4

chrisswearingen4 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Very nice... I'm nowhere close to building anything like this... Still have a lot to learn
    Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

raymo2u, Shredtravolta and Pegleg Meg like this.
  3. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Got it. Don't have sliders so using patinos. . Gonna give it a go. First 4 core alien[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

4. BoostedTrini

BoostedTrini Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Let me know how this goes. I have those and used the 28g to do the quad cores and had the jump. I don't have my decore bouncing up against it though. I put mine about 1-2 inches away from the wrap...which is time consuming.

5. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well that didn't go well. I couldn't even fuse it let alone alien without it collapsing and just not working for some reason. . I did a 24 decor for 4×26 cores. Is that right ?

6. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    multicore aliens and fraliens after switching to @raymo2u 's way, no slider needed if I stretch to the max :0 had one on there anyway but moved it all the way down to mark the end of one coil's length since I cut my decores to make one coil

IMG_20180711_214459~2.jpg IMG_20180711_222647~2.jpg

mach1ne, Cormic, raymo2u and 2 others like this.
  7. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

If you stretch the alien decore all the way to where you don't have to hold it with tension, it's easier to alien a stick than fuse clapton because the alien will keep them flat

8. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Part of the problem with the alien is I never stretch my decor and do the no stretch style and don't do well with the stretch method . It always gets bunched up and even if I use large pex pipe to hold it ,it just doesnt feel right going through my fingers. So I imagine the tension I need to stretch the decor is making the cores collapse ??

9. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Very nice work as usual

10. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Fuck bro u got skillz

Pegleg Meg, raymo2u and Shredtravolta like this.
  11. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Yes

raymo2u and Shredtravolta like this.
  12. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Fucked up...needed 9 ply not 11x.3 ribbon, all too low resistance, supposed to be 0.1 ohm/pair these are 0.08 or lower

2.5, 3, 3.5... :cry:

IMG_20180711_224357~2.jpg

13. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh no. Dammit

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta and Pegleg Meg like this.
  14. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, this was a lot of ribbon lol, someone might like them as single coils later down the road though

So...gonna do it again :D

Shredtravolta, Wtmke1 and KingPin! like this.
  15. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hurtin for certain

Shredtravolta, Wtmke1 and Pegleg Meg like this.
  16. BoostedTrini

Blog Posts:
    I can take a gander at the reason and say it's because the cores aren't held tightly in the alien maker. They still have room to move up and down in it so they bunch up. Try bouncing the decore up to the Alien maker. I'm not even close to giving up on that super efficient mode yet so if I find a solution that allows for quad and 5 core Aliens to be a easy and quick as 3 core I'll let you all know.

17. mojo21

mojo21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sounds good . Thx

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  18. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Forgot to say, those are gorgeous, raymo

raymo2u and Shredtravolta like this.
  19. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
  20. chrisakasparky

chrisakasparky Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Try it with 22g maybe. 23 if you have it! And btw, it’s best to quote a persons original post. Quoting a quote gets a little confusing ;)

21. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Lol everyone’s doing raymo style aliens now.

22. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    It saves sooo much time lol, and it works every time

None of that Sex Panther shit "60% of the time, it works every time"

23. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    I tried to stagger wrap a ribbon stack today. Ugh it collapsed and the weighted loop just wouldn’t stagger for me.. tips? Trying to pop my staggerton cherry so I can move on to alien stag

24. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Was 8x.3 + 2x.3 square frames 40g fuse

25. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I cut two strands off the spool and paraclap, (then unwrap one) only way I can do it

26. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Was thinking about, just kinda dreading it lol but I guess I should learn how.

Shredtravolta and Pegleg Meg like this.
  27. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Also, does everyone eyeball the spacing on alien stags?

raymo2u, Shredtravolta and Pegleg Meg like this.
  28. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Oh!!! You don't have to be able to staggerton before you alien stagger!
    Yeah, if you can make a clean alien and can stretch your decore to the max, you can make an alien stagger :) making a clean one, that may take somelots of practice lol

You can also run the drill same direction as you made the decore with, it seems to make spacing easier

29. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Oooh hmm I’m way behind on my staggering I’ve been trying to get comfortable aliening before I change focus but Im getting a little burned out on decore

And that’s funny because my first alien was same direction on the drill before I read that I should go the other way. So the wire bumps itself into spacing because of the direction of the decore twist huh

30. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    It’s funny, I was just starting to feel pretty good about my alien fusing, then @BoostedTrini made me notice the way the cores drift from parallel... lol damn “OoOo”

31. BoostedTrini

Blog Posts:
    Hahahaha. I'm sorry man, I'm obsessed with that flat wrap. For what it's worth I've never found a noticeable difference between the two in performance.

32. BoostedTrini

Blog Posts:
    I've made a whole lot of Alien Framed Staples so far and 6ply 0.3 framed in 30g and wrapped in 36g was my favorite coil for a while..but I find the quad 28g better at the same power(120-130w). The flavor is more full and the vape is a little more violent, which I enjoy, opposed to really smooth from the staple. It is the only reason I'm focusing so much on getting them perfect. I can only imagine what a 5 core will do with some more power in it.

33. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I use the loop method. I just take an old RDA that I don't use anymore and use that as the weight under the loop. Works pretty well if you keep a consistent pace.

raymo2u, Pegleg Meg and KingPin! like this.
  34. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Yeah you can use the loop method for it but it doesn't really work. I would try to eye it out.

35. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Very very nice Meg!

36. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    I'll try to see if I can make a video of how I do the loop method and maybe that might help, if I can upload it from my iphone to this site...

37. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have been saying for months that the amount of tension should be not bigger than the amount that's required to keep it snug, and that any weight added to your cores will only slow you down. Just like I have been saying for months that the most important thing that's causing aliens to be so difficult for so many people is simply because those people don't want to listen to real advice from pro builders so what I'll say now is, likely those pro builders stopped posting in this thread a long time ago because, if hardly anyone wants to listen, then, frankly, what's the whole point?

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  38. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    You won’t be able to shred ...vids needs to be hosted somewhere like YouTube...click on the film button you’ll see the list mate...from there you can embed them as a url link

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:55 AM
    Pegleg Meg and Shredtravolta like this.
  39. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    New people join the thread all the time Caram ...bet if you go back through the pages you’ll see conversations circular for years rather than months :D sod reading all 400 plus pages as new joiner

It’s all good doesn’t hurt to refresh even for the pro’s :cheers:

40. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Thanks King!

Pegleg Meg and KingPin! like this.
  41. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    @raymo2u and @CrazyChef v2.0 are two, literally, professional builders who post and give advice on this forum all the time.

Edit: Plus for a lot of us, making aliens and fraliens is easy work. We are all looking up to guys like Raymo and taking inspiration from what he posts. So to generalize as if the majority of people here don't know what they are doing is not really accurate. We are just sharing different ways of doing things with each other. I have this crazy idea, you could actually post a BUILD in this forum. I know it sounds wild but you could give it a shot. I've gone back pages and haven't seen you post any builds. You might be the best builder on the site, I dunno, but you've got a lot of criticism posts and not so many build posts.
    :slowclap:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM
    mojo21, KingPin!, Pegleg Meg and 2 others like this.
  42. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    May 20th was his last build post.

43. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Damn that's almost two months ago.:giggle:

CrazyChef v2.0 and Pegleg Meg like this.
  44. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Thank you for saying this; you are the hero that this thread needs (but does not deserve)

45. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I bet most new builders have the attitude that they can figure it all out; I still have that attitude sometimes when people give me advice I didn't ask for. I realized last night that I can be a little overbearing with advice - I don't mean to be, it's just that I get so excited when something new I try works well, I want to spread the gospel and get frustrated when others don't "see the light" - but it's their build, so to each his own!

I do also suspect, though, that staying stuck in the "I can figure it out myself" mode will hamper progression, not just in building but in any endeavor

46. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    You've come a very long way in a very short time. You have every right to be excited and to share what you've learned. And for the record, I've never noticed anything you've written as being overbearing.

47. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    For 4 or more cores of aliens, I used to have to bind and then hot glue the ends, and then even after doing my best to balance tension among all cores, I often had to use a slider because the cores were Not as equal as they have been with looping them through a cotter pin and swivel. I always stretch my decores fully, btw - after making 40g aliens for a long time before getting 36g again, I got used to no tension, don't like tension, nope not one bit

Shredtravolta and KingPin! like this.
  48. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Well said ...this is exactly why I love this thread not just for picking up news things myself but mainly to see others progress in their build ability

Doesn’t matter to me if it’s to 50th time something’s said because that latest peice of encouragement and sharing might just be a lightbulb moment for someone to get past a hurdle they’ve been stuck on for a while :cheers:

49. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Ive had the same view on building since the beginning.

Its not a skill your born with, its learned. This means anyone with motivation and time can do it with practice. There is always a easier way, try looking at the problem from a different perspective and find a work around. The best way to build is the way that uses the smallest bit of effort/time with the most functionality.

If a build it hard and your failing a certain part or area, walk away. Come back and assess what it causing the issue and determine if its the way your holding a fuse/decore or is it the way the wire is attached. If everything looks perfect and thats not the issue then try again and examine how much tension your using as tension is the main culprit in many issues.

You want paraclap to be laid as close to 90 degrees as possible. Make sure before laying paraclap or decore you wash your hands with soap, this allows the wire to slip through your fingers easier and that reduces unwanted tension....which is a large problem for aliens and staggering. When laying paraclap the paraclap needs to be laid as close to perfect through the entire length as you can, any moment where tension is added or taken the angle of the paraclap changes on a microscopic scale. This is what causes you to weave later, as the difference gradually becomes a problem as you fuse, the more times the angle was changed when laying paraclap-the more of a pain in the ass it will be later. Consistency is what you want and it takes practice.

Make sure you wash your hands beforehand.
    Make sure your wire pulls off your spool without catching or snagging
    Remember to keep your angle as close to 90 as possible (paraclap)
    Be consistent with tension the whole way through, any time your wire dips from pinch tension-your paraclap angle changes for that moment
    Make sure your swivels are clean and spin freely, if your ribbon is twisting too much when para-clapping it, that also can change the angle.
    Go your own speed, dont rush any part of it....good results are worth taking your time.

50. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I agree with Chef Meg, your a hero too, your never overbearing in the sense that you suggest there is only one way of doing something. You were actually open to trying my fralien which was a different vape for you so if anything you're the opposite of overbearing. And if anyone is gonna give advice it should be a person like you cause you are posting all the time, you are trying all the time, new things all the time, and you've come an amazingly long way, so I have nothing but admiration for you. I have this feeling like all the good builders feel the same way about each other, generally speaking and support one another and that's why I love being here.