Become a Patron!

Post your builds

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Definitely do the looped ribbons for your first staple imo. You cut ribbons twice as long as you want and half as many and then bend them in half in a u shape. It’s waaaay easier to stack ribbon with the loop I think. Try to find a video maybe.
af168506b546705ce46a3f6e6ec4f9dc.jpg

The one on the left
I think that might be a better option to start out cuz raymo way is harder than it looks . I think I almost had it set up right but not sure .

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
I think that might be a better option to start out cuz raymo way is harder than it looks . I think I almost had it set up right but not sure .

I really don't understand how u can do all these crazy builds uve been turning out lately in ur work space ! U make it work though ! Urbuilds are on point

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't understand how u can do all these crazy builds uve been turning out lately in ur work space ! U make it work though ! Urbuilds are on point

Thanks so much! I try to build one time after work real quick every day and maybe 2-3 tries on a day off. Any more than that and my wife starts looking at me funny hehe.
I have a table that I put the drill and swivel on that’s a lot bigger than the one in my build station post. It’s like a small desk. That pic I think you saw is just where I put everything. It’s chaotic mess lol
I use about 2-3 feet of desk space to spin wire but I don’t make really long sticks.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The way raymo showed in his video is super fast,efficient, and consistent. It’s really easy too, but only if you’ve already gotten used to putting ribbon together. IMO, if you tried that method for your first staple, you might get discouraged with the ribbon-stacking.

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Yes it looks good . I just need to get used to handling the ribbon like u said.
The way raymo showed in his video is super fast,efficient, and consistent. It’s really easy too, but only if you’ve already gotten used to putting ribbon together. IMO, if you tried that method for your first staple, you might get discouraged with the ribbon-stacking.

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
My first few tries stacking ribbon ended up with a bunch of ribbon too bent and pinched to do anything. I almost gave up. Definitely try the spit or e juice on the ribbons, makes them stick together!
Yes I did use juice and it helped alot. Gonna take a break for the night but got the whole weekend to play around with hi t

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much! I try to build one time after work real quick every day and maybe 2-3 tries on a day off. Any more than that and my wife starts looking at me funny hehe.
I have a table that I put the drill and swivel on that’s a lot bigger than the one in my build station post. It’s like a small desk. That pic I think you saw is just where I put everything. It’s chaotic mess lol
I use about 2-3 feet of desk space to spin wire but I don’t make really long sticks.
Nice

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My first try at stitched alien. Out of 8 inches of stick, I managed this coil hehe. Maybe a smaller decore next time.
2x30g, 12x.3R, 36g/40g
All N80, 3mm id, .14 ohms
74a71136481199c6609429cb2a31a7c2.jpg

Congrats Chris that’s fantastic! Always struggled with the stitched builds

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After building the other night. I've realized what takes me so long. I have no dedication build station. I guess I could sacrifice my drums but I have to setup and break down my station every time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After building the other night. I've realized what takes me so long. I have no dedication build station. I guess I could sacrifice my drums but I have to setup and break down my station every time.

Same here. I have to go back and forth bringing things to my desk and putting them back after. I was thinking of making a station that I could set up and break down but still thinking of what that’d look like. Wish I had an empty room for sure

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. I have to go back and forth bringing things to my desk and putting them back after. I was thinking of making a station that I could set up and break down but still thinking of what that’d look like. Wish I had an empty room for sure
The only space I have has a drumset. And there's no way I'm moving it. Lol I use the kitchen table but have to accommodate the family. And I always hear. " I can't hear the tv". Drills get noisy,and my cussing.lol

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first try at stitched alien. Out of 8 inches of stick, I managed this coil hehe. Maybe a smaller decore next time.
2x30g, 12x.3R, 36g/40g
All N80, 3mm id, .14 ohms
74a71136481199c6609429cb2a31a7c2.jpg
That looks great Chris! Really really cool. Lemme ask you, do you taste any difference when you stitch your aliens or is it just a looks thing for you?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Definitely do the looped ribbons for your first staple imo. You cut ribbons twice as long as you want and half as many and then bend them in half in a u shape. It’s waaaay easier to stack ribbon with the loop I think. Try to find a video maybe.
af168506b546705ce46a3f6e6ec4f9dc.jpg

The one on the left
That’s great advice it’s the way I do all my ribbon!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I have to say man, once you set up your own neat, clean, organized build station it’s a great feeling and it becomes a special place. I would know cause when I first started I would build on two chairs, one which I set my drill on and the other I would set my vice and swivels on. That’s how I made my first alien. Imagine that haha :]

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The only space I have has a drumset. And there's no way I'm moving it. Lol I use the kitchen table but have to accommodate the family. And I always hear. " I can't hear the tv". Drills get noisy,and my cussing.lol

Im the same mate ...have to traul everything out to build and I have to use my work bench which is too short to do any sort of long work ...it’s a pain to say the least

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pretty nice for a first shot bro. ! I'm just trying to do my first frame staple and it freaking hard to set up ! I've been trying the raymo way and it's just not working out . Any idea if his videos is posted anywhere so I can watch it again ?

I made a video showing what he does, hope it helps - sorry, I missed the part about "framed staple" - this video doesnt cover that...

The volume will need to be Up...the drill doesnt get very loud though so dont be scared lol, I need to speak up a bit if I make another video
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-alien-coil-thread.337052/page-8#post-2203172

I guess next I should do a framed staple one eh

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Robot ass. Do you not vape SS?

I try to just vape kanthal only, I have a nickel allergy or reaction or whatever. There isn't much nickel in SS but it's also always had a taste I didn't like. Tried all levels of preheating, washing, whatever, always has a metal taste I don't like.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to just vape kanthal only, I have a nickel allergy or reaction or whatever. There isn't much nickel in SS but it's also always had a taste I didn't like. Tried all levels of preheating, washing, whatever, always has a metal taste I don't like.
Oh wow. Well if kanthal is what works for you then by God. Lol does building with nickel or SS bother you? Or just vaping

BoostedTrini

Member For 4 Years
40g on wide builds is a bitch. Did some quad 27g Aliens wrapped in 40g and kept collapsing the cores. Understretched at first...collapse...near "perfect" stretch and it wants to double back if I look at it wrong. I've done a lot of 40g builds before but seemed to forget how precise you need to be. Shout out to all you high gauge builders. I can only imagine your struggles...

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm trying to do a double framed alien staggerton, had to trash my first attempt but I think I figured out what I did wrong (it has to do with math)

It's for n.devine's buildoff...I want to win :D

Edit: maybe next time

IMG_20180715_001652~2.jpg

Last edited:

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
When I first put an all ss build in I didn't like it at all at first but warmed up to it abit after. Ever heard the saying don't fix something that isn't broke . Well I usually vape on ka1 core with n80 wrap and I really like the taste and vape on that combo. I just made an all n80 build same specs and it's not bad but I think maybe ss core with n80 wrap might be good . That's going to be my next build

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
My first shot at fralien didn't go to well but I'm going to unwrap and try again . I think I no what I did wrong . Got a few clean wraps though
I made a video showing what he does, hope it helps - sorry, I missed the part about "framed staple" - this video doesnt cover that...

The volume will need to be Up...the drill doesnt get very loud though so dont be scared lol, I need to speak up a bit if I make another video
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-alien-coil-thread.337052/page-8#post-2203172

I guess next I should do a framed staple one eh
4ac6441740f881eec41c36689d9ce266.jpg
40e72b050b4a6902bc475549a61d7c15.jpg
99a9b7c4934aa09300dbd73b39626af1.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My first shot at fralien didn't go to well but I'm going to unwrap and try again . I think I no what I did wrong . Got a few clean wraps though
4ac6441740f881eec41c36689d9ce266.jpg
40e72b050b4a6902bc475549a61d7c15.jpg
99a9b7c4934aa09300dbd73b39626af1.jpg

Did the wrap feel like it was snagging on your fingers after start stopping? Ususally when mine starts going bad it’s because of that ...you know you had it right at points because you have some really nice bindings in places there

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Fuck I was so close this time !
82b3919ba887e04a6ec76de23f048b03.jpg

Finally success !! And the one on the right was my first time ever wrapping from the opposite end like u did in ur video. And on my last 2 little pieces of de-core that I had made ! Determination and good advice equals win win everytime ! Thx megan raymo for the great tips . And u to chrisakasparky

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Finally success !! And the one on the right was my first time ever wrapping from the opposite end like u did in ur video. And on my last 2 little pieces of de-core that I had made ! Determination and good advice equals win win everytime ! Thx megan raymo for the great tips . And u to chrisakasparky

Here it is 6×.4 ka1 28 frames ka1 36n80 alien
127f3a2b1d49dbfb76286061796bf0a9.jpg
83a68006d2261c7709f0375980af4486.jpg
71d31a2423d4ccbcab5add2805c18000.jpg
a360d3a470df8e6a8b29572e4ec4ebc0.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So just curious .. when calculating the math with ribbon is it always .1 ? Does the diff size widths (.3/.4/.5 etc) matter or just always count as .1 ??

I always just use .1 when measuring for alien math, but I've never used 0.5mm ribbon or larger...

I am pretty sure that using .1 will always work - if the final width is in between two decore gauges though, always opt for the lower gauge decore

@Shredtravolta uses 0.5, see what he says about alien math with his ribbon

Last edited:

VU Sponsors