Become a Patron!

Post your builds

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My eyesight isn't what it used to be either. I've been considering one of these hobby magnification lamps.
407430662082670297ef2ced35538683.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah, they're great, I have one and can't see without it lol

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, when i first got here there were just a handful of people who could get aliens (not even ray at that point). in my mind it was what separated the regular joe builder from the 'pros'. as people managed to figure it out, every new person had a new tip or different perspective on it, which was often the last piece of someone elses puzzle (everyone has different eyes/hands/dexterity/patience/perseverance/health etc), and it spread like a virus lol. now we have people starting out on aliens and skipping the rest, or doing every build from parallel round wire to aliens in a span of nine days and pretty much instantly being 'caught up' with me and my couple years of building :wave: its pretty cool to watch, and there is always something newer and harder to learn how to do.

You WILL get it. Then one day; CLICK! your first Alien happens and everything just falls into place
yeah i agree. i find its prolly 80% feel for me. no instructions can tell your muscles what they were doing when you hit a build for the first time...videos and tips from other people can only try to get you to a point where you will be able to get that muscle memory for yourself. i cant see anything higher than 38 gauge but thats generally the lowest gauge i use for wrap, so 'feel' is all i got, and really all i need at this point...

I am determined to learn this
you are in the right place man. welcome to 'post your builds' :cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 119373 tried 3 wire plait. Crap or so so? 0.4 ohm
One day, I will look back and cringe and laugh lol
Do you have a drill to twist the wire? You could also use a pair of pliers and a coffee mug or something. Take a piece maybe 2ft long. Loop it in half in the mug handle. Grab it at the other end with the pliers and spin the mug. Make sure to hold it when it slows so the wire doesn't unwind. A tighter twisted coil would be a better vape I would think.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a drill to twist the wire? You could also use a pair of pliers and a coffee mug or something. Take a piece maybe 2ft long. Loop it in half in the mug handle. Grab it at the other end with the pliers and spin the mug. Make sure to hold it when it slows so the wire doesn't unwind. A tighter twisted coil would be a better vape I would think.

Yeah, I just did by hand. I won't post any more pics until I get a good build happening lol.
However, this one is definitely an improvement. Wicked really easily and it vapes with more flavor, decent cloud and isn't spitting. I am going to get there.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I just did by hand. I won't post any more pics until I get a good build happening lol.
However, this one is definitely an improvement. Wicked really easily and it vapes with more flavor, decent cloud and isn't spitting. I am going to get there.
Posting pics is no problem. That's what the thread is here for. So you can look back and see your progress. Hell just in a day you've made it this far. You'll be there in another couple days. Thinking damn.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Parallel fused claptons cause my time is all gone

2x2x30/42 k

View attachment 119384

welcome to the clapton club meg :cheers:

Was kicking around stones in the playground on my own
:stars:

Haven’t had to time to put in proper sesh for ages, every time I think I have spare time something comes up though I’m out of even claptons soon, so I’ll have to do some building just pack out my build baggies again

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
welcome to the clapton club meg :cheers:

Was kicking around stones in the playground on my own
:stars:

Haven’t had to time to put in proper sesh for ages, every time I think I have spare time something comes up though I’m out of even claptons soon, so I’ll have to do some building just pack out my build baggies again

Maybe some day I will have build baggies - I have a small divided box as a graveyard to separate old coils by metal type, at least haha

Clapton club, I like it :D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You have to make lots more than me though ...still busy with it?

No, I closed for a week or two because school had me completely bogged down - think I got study habits sorted now, though, so back to it tomorrow!

3 credit hour courses, takes more like 4 hours to learn the material (at home) and another 4 for the work, they should be 8 credit hours haha

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm back! First builds after 2-3 months brake bit rusty but will continue building from now on! Interlocking fraliens in bonza and alien stagg in wasp nano.
865c31473ecba5bed352ce642f7a468a.jpg
17c8152b57c5dbc345c0d934f1f0e2ee.jpg

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

We've missed you, buddy, I'm excited you're back!! :cheers:

Kickass builds like you never stopped building

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm back! First builds after 2-3 months brake bit rusty but will continue building from now on! Interlocking fraliens in bonza and alien stagg in wasp nano.
865c31473ecba5bed352ce642f7a468a.jpg
17c8152b57c5dbc345c0d934f1f0e2ee.jpg

Welcome back hat...and a kick ass build to get settled back in

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first enigma Tried hedgehogs but i didn't have small enough wire for decore but enigma will do for now. Next goal is to make my binding tighter . I bath it for coloring but i need to figure out my new phone camera to take those better.

561c7bf8db9b85c9419a443759f430d6.jpg
6c2e942f46218e25a2767d8b0fbbd14a.jpg

Edit: Specs 26g/14x.4 and 38g ss bind.

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first enigma Tried hedgehogs but i didn't have small enough wire for decore but enigma will do for now. Next goal is to make my binding tighter . I bath it for coloring but i need to figure out my new phone camera to take those better.

mannnn...that's rad

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Decores.jpg Here's a thing I put together. Not super happy with it. It's pretty messy and I can't seem to find the right ratio/tension for the flip-flop decore wrap on the ribbon (any help would be most appreciated on those numbers).
Specs, inside out:
2x32/42
4x.3r/42
28g frame
40g interlock

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 119489 Here's a thing I put together. Not super happy with it. It's pretty messy and I can't seem to find the right ratio/tension for the flip-flop decore wrap on the ribbon (any help would be most appreciated on those numbers).
Specs, inside out:
2x32/42
4x.3r/42
28g frame
40g interlock
Holy... That coils messy and complex makes it really nice in a good way! Good job dude :)

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Holy... That coils messy and complex makes it really nice in a good way! Good job dude :)

Thank you very much! The whole "controlled chaos" look was the idea when my brain started working on it. If I can get the ribbon wrapped the way I want it, and not have to pinch with the nylons so hard as to smash the interlocks, then I will be one happy camper.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Edit: Specs 26g/14x.4 and 38g ss bind.

That's awesome @The_hat_trix! Other than @raymo2u, who is obviously going to slay us all lol, that's probably the best enigma I've seen so far. It's better than the one I did. I just got to the point that I was wasting so much ribbon wire practicing this build that I decided to stop... but I realized I have some stainless steel ribbon so I might be able to use that instead since I don't vape anything other than N80. Awesome job brother.

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's awesome @The_hat_trix! Other than @raymo2u, who is obviously going to slay us all lol, that's probably the best enigma I've seen so far. It's better than the one I did. I just got to the point that I was wasting so much ribbon wire practicing this build that I decided to stop... but I realized I have some stainless steel ribbon so I might be able to use that instead since I don't vape anything other than N80. Awesome job brother.
Appreciate it a lot dude thank you :cheers:

VU Sponsors