Become a Patron!

Post your builds

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
im in the same boat. work has been bananas...just been doing the bare minimum builds to keep myself/friends vaping. its been months since i tried something hard :(

great tattoo! ink and blood for the build gods!!!! :cheers:
View attachment 123351
Thanks @mach1ne! Right hand to God I have been so busy that I just haven’t had the time to try to push the envelope and really get up to the next level. All I wanna do is watch Ndevine83 videos and learn to do everything he can do but I just don’t have the hours right now. In about a month things are gonna calm down for a little while I’m gonna have some time to really solidify some of the things that I have attempted but not really perfected. As of right now I gotta make sure the cash flow is where it should be cause I’m not trying to work 10 hours a day 15 years from now so I gotta strike while the iron is hot. I just can’t wait to have a semi-calmer month and get some really nice builds figured out. Love ya brother :cheers:
Guys if this continues for to long you working hard and don't enjoy what you do.. i will come there and kick your asses!

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Last edited:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah!! Im in
@The_hat_trix @Shredtravolta ill fight you both! blood and bones for the build gods!

i have one condition though, i will only fight after we finish a nice dinner and prolly spend a day building, and maybe ill take you to some of my favorite tourist spots first too (i live in a beautiful rainforest by the ocean with some once-in-a-lifetime views) :cheers:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had nostalgia orgasm right now i found picture from 2013 may when genesis atomizers was the shit
ba14be94e8a792c54d119a65daa172ca.jpg

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@The_hat_trix @Shredtravolta ill fight you both! blood and bones for the build gods!

i have one condition though, i will only fight after we finish a nice dinner and prolly spend a day building, and maybe ill take you to some of my favorite tourist spots first too (i live in a beautiful rainforest by the ocean with some once-in-a-lifetime views) :cheers:
If you take out the fighting part it sounds like an amazing time! I don’t even think my 6’2” 240 lbs frame could handle @mach1ne’s Sonic BOOM! I would evaporate.:sad: I will only agree to fight if @The_hat_trix @mach1ne and myself are wearing roller skates and full NASA space suits with bulletproof helmets.

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you take out the fighting part it sounds like an amazing time! I don’t even think my 6’2” 240 lbs frame could handle @mach1ne’s Sonic BOOM! I would evaporate.:sad: I will only agree to fight if @The_hat_trix @mach1ne and myself are wearing roller skates and full NASA space suits with bulletproof helmets.
i feel its only fair to warn you that i am even more dangerous when i am wearing a space suit :devil: roller skates could even it out though....i agree to your terms.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My "GO TO" Build for all my Toys. Fused Clapton Coils. All 316 Stainless Steel. 26ga cores with 38ga wrap. Most times 3mm ID (as pictured) 5 wraps spaced. Ohms per coil 0.20 ohms. Dual Coil = 0.10 ohms. Provides a very flavorful warm vape on either a regulated or mechanical mod. Below deck is from the Steam Crave GLAZ RTA.
Steam Crave Glaz RTA Deck2.jpg

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Then Sometimes I need a little bit different build because of restricted airflow and such. Below is a fused clapton build with 26ga Ni80 cores and 38ga SS wrap. These are a 2.4mm ID - 5 wrap and come in at about 0.38 ohms each. On a dual coil that gets me to about 0.19ohms. That is what is in this picture on a Thunderhead Creations Tauren RDA build deck. Love that RDA buy the way and the Tauren mech mod as well!

Thunderhead Creations Tauren RDA Deck2.jpg

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know this is a build thread, but I just wanted to show everyone that Tauren RDA on the Tauren Mech. If anyone is looking for a wonderful 21700 mech mod without spending a fortune, you won't find much better. I will give out a warning though. The finish on these can chip and peel easily if not handled with care. The one in this picture is in excellent condition because I handle it with kid gloves. If you are hard on your mods I would suggest the all brass version. I may end up with one myself. I already have the Black and Copper, Black and Brass, and the one shown here. Just love the button and vape off this mod. My 2 other Tauren mods do not look very nice any more, but they still vape excellent after a lot of use.Tauren Mech Mod with RDA - Red and Black Crackle2.jpg

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey y’all. It’s been a quite a while since I’ve been on. Haven’t been building many coils lately, however...I’m nearly finished building my first series box mod from scratch. Just gave it its first test prior to putting it all together for good and it rips like a champ. Take a gander. I’ll give you a progression through the build process forgive the number of pictures.
9c410f0b6bd10a636589241164fc634b.jpg
3428c0dd0f76d2b87635904eba3f73d7.jpg
b8aa89e2880a9fb0a23f984c65c1bc2f.jpg
b0d30470a3fc3bf1db6203e8e1478c14.jpg
9f3626383a9d569005ae33d2c191fb3c.jpg
af1e9a604ddac0d7798bc67a16b76818.jpg
2ff79c46e07c84dbb90dbbb62c173873.jpg
efa5e1f49e914d8d53f8d3a2ad39bb85.jpg
c42b7994c6da4b8ae52902cde34ebb19.jpg
ac83817dc3f3964ac27bc3cbaedb6321.jpg
3fc767dd10b55625caadd692f8041db1.jpg
e71c449cd94b1b63f6198b0313efa835.jpg
abb79142e1af3c964a677dd911fd9c54.jpg
fd55f234274d28e7378b7a0f7aacab50.jpg
215b11c39c76d5ec0411601487912feb.jpg
d0a41073cc095990e2f18573e9c96fa3.jpg
7b815cfc5fa621bb14b79ae2c8d6fa48.jpg
fcc09becaa902ad995c1164f5a12a1b0.jpg
0978e6aafbbe23ec8f655ab8c83819ff.jpg
8d6c241ed4ea34c371a8666cd24faeac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about comments?
DUDE- THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Why thank you sir.
I had nightmares re-engineering it over and over in my mind until I made it as streamlined and easy to work on as possible. There will be 4 bolts at the top to unscrew to remove the top slat with the 510. The two bolts used to secure the 8 gauge wire will be removable from the finger and palm grips. Once removed I will be able to remove the slat housing the negative connection and the center slat of ebony. Once those are removed I will be able to depress the antler trigger exposing the titanium bolt and penny. Once unscrewed the trigger can be removed and the final slat can be removed along with the top portion of the battery housing unit the contacts I’ve made are imbedded in. Thus...I will be able to clean the contacts top and bottom for the batteries, the trigger assembly, the 510 negative and positive contacts. The grips will be pinned and epoxied to the battery bay and base. Couple more days and it should be finished.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've missed a lot!!! Been playing on other threads and not getting notifications for this one for some reason.
I want in on the vacation, fight, rollerderby, space suit thing!!!

Havne't been able to build since I f'd up my back last thursday :(

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've missed a lot!!! Been playing on other threads and not getting notifications for this one for some reason.
I want in on the vacation, fight, rollerderby, space suit thing!!!

Havne't been able to build since I f'd up my back last thursday :(
@WPMac! The original rollerskate space suit bullet proof helmet match was a three way battle royal between @The_hat_trix @mach1ne and Myself but we do need a referee/judge! You would have the same gear but you'd your suit would be striped like a hockey ref. I'm also hoping @raymo2u would be like a Don King/Dana White promoter for the event so maybe we can get it on pay per view and do 2.4 million buys like the Conor/Khabib fight!

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thats it we are doing this!
@WPMac! The original rollerskate space suit bullet proof helmet match was a three way battle royal between @The_hat_trix @mach1ne and Myself but we do need a referee/judge! You would have the same gear but you'd your suit would be striped like a hockey ref. I'm also hoping @raymo2u would be like a Don King/Dana White promoter for the event so maybe we can get it on pay per view and do 2.4 million buys like the Conor/Khabib fight!

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn dude. That is super clean. Couldnt tell where you were going with it initially but the pics laid it out beautifully. That is awesome.

Thank you. Tried to tell a story with it. The 510 slat, base, and contact slat are Brazilian bloodwood. The grips and center hardware slat are Brazilian ebony. The positive and negative hardware slats are Shedua. And the battery bay is made from African mahogany. Most of the work has been done with a dremel and files. Was lucky enough to pick up a disk/belt sander combo for $50 which made it slightly easier to achieve true 90 degree angles(nightmare worthy for someone detail oriented). Most of the copper is repurposed. And the 510 I picked up online. All in all (sander not included) total cost of materials is around $25. I just brought it to my boy’s Vape shop to show him upon his request. Test #3 had him coughing. It chucks at eight and a half volts. I’ve had 3 or 4 Lucifer mods I used exclusively in series config, as well as the noisy cricket v2. I’ve never been as satisfied as I am with a series mod. And this Fuckers made for my hand. I have large hands and have been doing a little math figuring out how I can sell these “custom” to someone with my wife’s size of hands. I can reduce the total height by +_ inch and a half, total thickness by +_half an inch and the width down to a quarter inch total thicker than the total width of 2 18650s. Then again I can make one for smaller batteries or for use with a squonk. I’d send a chunk of wood to a customer with the smallest dimensions possible for a battery config previously spoken about, wrapped in a good chunk of stiff clay. Have them squeeze it and remove as much as they want and then send it back so I can make the grips to their specifications.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Wasn't feeling a series vape and was desperate for a good .3 ohm flavor chase. And since I can't twist anything right now ... Had to dig into my emergency stash.
2 core 28/38 all KA1 Fused claps, 3mm ID, .31 ohms at 40w, in the Voopoo rune (i adore this atty for flavor). And The 510 Tip that comes with the G2 is the best 510 I've ever used. It's got an inner glass extension causing the entire length of the tip to be compressed while also keeping the mouthpiece nice and cool. Also tried pulsing as suggested by @Carambrda and ... IT WORKS!!! ... no metallic taste at all on the kanthal :D Thank you good sir!!

PicsArt_11-05-08.41.42.jpg PicsArt_11-05-08.42.45.jpg

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try to build or buy standing desk for building that will help a lot with back problems
Wasn't feeling a series vape and was desperate for a good .3 ohm flavor chase. And since I can't twist anything right now ... Had to dig into my emergency stash.
2 core 28/38 all KA1 Fused claps, 3mm ID, .31 ohms at 40w, in the Voopoo rune (i adore this atty for flavor). And The 510 Tip that comes with the G2 is the best 510 I've ever used. It's got an inner glass extension causing the entire length of the tip to be compressed while also keeping the mouthpiece nice and cool. Also tried pulsing as suggested by @Carambrda and ... IT WORKS!!! ... no metallic taste at all on the kanthal :D Thank you good sir!!

View attachment 123530 View attachment 123531

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remove the dividers and wick as normal, I just didnt want it to be a plain coil...there were holes available, and I like fillin' holes ;)
I would never presume to instruct you, so don't take me that way. When it comes to building, I would never presume to instruct ANYbody. (Except maybe an absolute beginner. Which stage I'm not too far from myself still.)

It occurred to me while looking at that... whatever that insane build is I linked above, how cool it would look with the edges of the ribbon stack in the center all polished up. Kinda like a chrome racing stripe up the middle.

If it could even be done, it would be painstakingly tedious to say the very least. Then again, the whole rest of that build must've been painstakingly tedious anyway.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm going to watch tutorials on how to make 3 core aliens today...:oops:
That's ok Meg ... by the time I'm able to sit back behind the drill again I'll be lucky to be able to get a clean fused clap :(

Hoping to feel good enough real soon. The next round of the 270 build off should be soon. And I'm feeling good about my chances :D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love this guy!!

He's really great! The first nostretch vid of his though was for 2 cores, and I almost felt despair lol, he has a 3 core one too though :teehee:

I get to make some of these today, very excited - 3x28/38 N90 aliens, check out the specs :0 They're a freebie for an order I got, should be great on a mech squonker eh???

Screenshot_20181106-094311.png

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helps that he's easy to look at, too :teehee: View attachment 123568

I agree. I mean there he is right there on the screen. Didn't take me much effort at all :D

Have you ever tried his no stretch alien claptoning method?

-----------------------------------------------------------

@ raymo2u
It also occurred to that this would be the perfect wrapping method for the new version of the triple where the 4 corner post screws tighten from the ends so as to avoid twisting the leads, but the 2 middle ones still, out of necessity, come in on the side of the legs. It would obviously only use two of the end posts so the pre-twisting you must have done there wouldn't have to be done anymore.

Last edited:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
He is the reason why i nostretch
He's really great! The first nostretch vid of his though was for 2 cores, and I almost felt despair lol, he has a 3 core one too though :teehee:

I get to make some of these today, very excited - 3x28/38 N90 aliens, check out the specs :0 They're a freebie for an order I got, should be great on a mech squonker eh???

View attachment 123569

VU Sponsors