Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like my SSFC fuse slightly less tension than staggertons or most other coils...they seem to coil up easier and dont need crazy tension and the fuse looks cleaner and better that way IMO

41454553_288043825132087_3409455522744632229_n.jpg
39987495_699738613758636_8064485280753678481_n.jpg
33833299_183421339005252_3195359761604280320_n.jpg
32873218_194827067815187_4649267854145748992_n.jpg
31748624_1988752598106046_8259560746904453120_n.jpg
28150983_756046871272778_8795043035848114176_n.jpg

Slightly less tension allows ribbon to stay straight and stacked uniformly and not forced inwards, making it collapse. Just make sure you're not being too lenient with it or you may have coiling issues in areas with too much slack. If you have problems with 28g and .3R try using 30g Frames instead.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh gotta love fusing a coil and the drill dies. Have a different drill but no spare battery for this one. Don't feel like swapping the wires into the other. No we wait .lol

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thats why I use the Ryobi One+ kit, it comes with 2 18V batteries and a 30 minute charger....never not have a battery ready to go! The kits are usually around $70 on Black Friday, so plan ahead!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tried a 12x.2R fralien last night. 36g fuse kept pulling the 32g rails out of alignment. 40 and 46 gauges in the mail today though, can’t wait to try 46g .2r staples!

Awesome, man! On getting wire...0.2 staples though, I dont like unless it's for mtl, they're weird at high wattage

Edit: though I did use like 20 ply, I should try something smaller before I write 0.2 off huh??? Lmao

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, man! On getting wire...0.2 staples though, I dont like unless it's for mtl, they're weird at high wattage

Edit: though I did use like 20 ply, I should try something smaller before I write 0.2 off huh??? Lmao
i am enjoying using .2mm so far...i have tried smaller mass/medium power framed staples for tubes, and i did a very large alien framed staple build for the hog. i just did those alien staples on the goon 22mm too. so far i have been impressed with everything. its nice to be able to make complex builds that are smaller for certain atomizers or power levels. the difference for me might be that im able to use n80 and 316. i have a spool of .2mm ka1 and its not even opened, so i cant comment on its performance...

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn! I think that's the best one you've posted yet - VERY nice work!
Thanks Chef!! I think that what I excelled on with this Fralien and what subsequently had always been my biggest weakness is wrapping the coil. I made sure to slow down the wrap and really get it tight from the beginning. I think the first wrap or two is always the most difficult to make perfect but I found that if I slowed down and really paid attention, I could improve the quality of the wrap. Before I built this Fralien I got to thinking that I’ve attempted, to varying degrees of success, so many different types of coils after several years of practice and yet I still had yet to wrap a basic Fralien in a professional manner. So like I said I slowed the wrap down and on my last wrap pushed the lead a good degree further than I needed it to be just to assure the whole coil was tight. Then I created the kink you see on the end of the coil to even out the leads and it came out great. Aside from making the coil look better I also can notice a difference in what is an overall smoother vape that treats your cotton a little better as well. I guess no matter how good you get at anything, it really is always important to go back to your basics and practice them because it’s the fundamentals rather than the bells and whistles that really makes a great vape.:D

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Got some coil time this evening, but probably will not vape them tonight. Managed to get 5 coils worth which is great for me.
4-.4x.4NI80-38gNI80Wrap11092018.jpg

4 X .4X.4 Square NI 80 cores wrapped in 38g NI80 wrapper. Comes in at .10 ohms each, going to move them to a series deck.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got some coil time this evening, but probably will not vape them tonight. Managed to get 5 coils worth which is great for me.
View attachment 123941

4 X .4X.4 Square NI 80 cores wrapped in 38g NI80 wrapper. Comes in at .10 ohms each, going to move them to a series deck.

Kickass, those are like..the stout big brother of regular staples lol

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On another thread, some folks were talking about back to basics and coilsmithing progression, so, I thought I’d take out my trusty old Black Copper Broadside Mech and use a murdered out Drop RDA and make a parallel set of coils using two strands of 26ga N80 wrapped 10 times around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver.
ca68b5ba2e4fda9deddb0b66e7e3662f.jpg

Only thing wrong with this build is that I’m gonna be so dripping so damn often because it still hits like a beast. I uncapped it and took some shots of it being fired and another capless setup (triple-core 26/36 Aliens - 7 Wraps around a 3mm precision screwdriver in an original Goon on an AV Lyfe Able Mod) and took some shots of it being fired and I’ll be damned if I don’t get a bit more vaper production out of the parallel (though less flavor) than I do the Aliens!
e2328b68e13455886cc9a13ca6741250.jpg
7c21ed0e19402ff5106b7a51156dabb4.jpg

Both RDA’s were wicked with Cotton Bacon Prime and using the same 80/20 Juice I’ve dubbed “Applegranate” and using the same battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The build gods’ thirst for frustration is satiated by your lack of a life on Friday night lol
I spent mine building too hehe a pair of aliens, one bigger alien , and an interlock alien. Really getting sick of aliens (building) but staggering is so much more time consuming and I don’t have as much practice. Build gods don’t wanna hear it. Build gods say who cares about the wife and kids. Build gods want my wife to tell me one more time “you’re always doing your coils”.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man you shoulda seen my face, when I was trying out parafusing with the leftover 3 cores. I was gonna parafuse with 46, should fit two strands between the 40 right? Was halfway down the stick when I realized I was using 40g instead of 46....durrrrrr....

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How you like that rage? I was thinking to get one myself

Edit - my atty has a really long 510, that was pushing the squonk assembly down. Put a 2nd o-ring on my atty and it's flush now

First build I put on it had a short, too - replaced my Goon's screws and put a clean build in and now it's great, not warm at all (was warm from the short in the posts, before)

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Make sure the top is screwed all the way in..and push in...should sit flush...no reason for tge sticking out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Long 510 pins can make it stick out I guess, I fixed mine though. I really like it

What you attempted is super hard. To get that many staggered cores to align is really difficult. It's not something that I think I would ever even attempt to be honest with you cause I don't think it's my strength. Props you did a crazy good job.:vino:

Thanks haha! I figured I should attempt something super hard this weekend, see if I could push myself a little farther. I think I made good progress even if the coil isnt clean

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been busy! One more order to fill and I'll finish that tomorrow so I can ship everything on monday :D
Some Aliens and Fraliens and SSFCs in different shapes and sizes ... well i guess they are all the same shape lol

View attachment 124009

Awesome! Some of those coils are adorable lol

Edit: oops, I was thinking your jars and mine were the same, I bet yours are way bigger, mine are just 3 or 5g

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I cannot for the life of me find the spool of 46g that I got on Meg's recommendation. It's something like 12,000 feet of wire. Where the heck is it?
There's one place I still didn't check. If it's there, I'ma feel like an idiot. Just remembered it as I was writing this.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I cannot for the life of me find the spool of 46g that I got on Meg's recommendation. It's something like 12,000 feet of wire. Where the heck is it?
There's one place I still didn't check. If it's there, I'ma feel like an idiot. Just remembered it as I was writing this.
I need to make a system to respool it, I tried doing what Meg's thread had but I dont have anything to cause enough tension or hold the spool well enough. Ill have to order a Spool holder thingy...I wish they had a spool like that of .3 Ribbon or 28g or 36g....

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I need to make a system to respool it, I tried doing what Meg's thread had but I dont have anything to cause enough tension or hold the spool well enough. Ill have to order a Spool holder thingy...I wish they had a spool like that of .3 Ribbon or 28g or 36g....
Same here - I haven't even tried using for so long that I had forgotten where I put it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I started using this thingy with o-rings on it -

1541898109404261075581.jpg

It's a multitool attachment thing that came with my fave tool set ever

1541898159428430745451.jpg

Maybe you got somethin like that around

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need more drawers for mine...mine sit all over too but my drawers are filled and constantly get stuck opening

Most of this was in bags in my full drawer, I separated it and put the "junk wire" in my "junk vape stuff" box and put just what I may use often in my slidey tray

1541902028951640193303.jpg

Now I can see stuff in my miscellaneous drawe, at least

15419020733731336224341.jpg

VU Sponsors