Become a Patron!

Post your builds

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
We all have issues, right? But really...I moved and had a lifestyle change, and quit building. I've been vaping 22g kanthal coils for several months - the benefits of building complex coils are hard for me to see, and not worth the effort for myself
Good to hear from you!! You do you and I hope your enjoying yourself! I'll be in touch of course :D

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The way you describe it, it makes me imagine a very refined process built off a lot of experience. There was a point when I joined this forum, towards the beginning when wrapping was my most major weakness believe it or not. I was at the point where I had learned how to do a fair amount of builds and I was really progressing, in the context of my own abilities, and I was making a lot of solid wires. But where I was failing was the wrapping process. I would almost ruin perfectly good wires just by rushing through the coiling process. It was a terrible feeling cause you do all that work to get like my first enigma, and then I’d just fuck it up completely on the last step. I don’t use a vice either, but I have learned to take a deep breath and really slow down the wrapping process. Which admittedly is still not perfect, but it’s good enough that I can sell coils and no one really thinks twice about it. It’s been a vast improvement. You’re a level above me but we have a lot of the same fundamental tendencies. I think that’s why I see so much opportunity to improve myself in a lot of your work.
LMAO!!!! so NOT refined. It's more like my hands just do it and I can only explain what happened after the fact. As a matter of fact almost all of my interactions with the wire is that way. I plan before and reflect after. But during the process a lot of the time I'm just kind of doing it. That's not to say I don't have to think about it and pay attention. But a lot of it feels like an auto-pilot. The harder I try to make it do what I want the less success I have. The more I let the wire do it's own thing the more success I have. And that includes the wrapping process.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A pair of amazing Mohawk Aliens sent by @Shredtravolta in the DPro rda. An insanely flavorful, warm, cloudy vapethat I'm vaping in the matching unregulated mod. Ohmed out at .11Ω.

This man seriously knows his craft!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
6491b4abadde1b6e37a4b4baf44777fb.jpg

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
We all have issues, right? But really...I moved and had a lifestyle change, and quit building. I've been vaping 22g kanthal coils for several months - the benefits of building complex coils are hard for me to see, and not worth the effort for myself
Yo Peg, so nice to hear from you.
Show up more if you can.
Go vape your 22g kanthal and be happy. I thank you for the time you built, really inspired me.
But we have to do what make us happy, right?
ENjoy your new life style and we'll be here if someday you miss those unvapable hedgehogs and just for the pic coils, lol.
All of the best for you.
:)

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Tried, but couldn't get a pic to focus for this one. Made 28ka1/38n80 mtl clapton, 2.5mm id, 7 wraps at 1.45Ω for my Nixon rdta and mom's serpent mini as well. Faster ramp up and a good flavor build.

Single Core Claptons are a great vape at high ohms. I use 28/38 or 30/40, typically around 1 ohm, in my Kayfun lite. They also work well for series stacks. 26/38 Ni80, 8-9 wraps on a 3mm ID dual coil, is a great series vape.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single Core Claptons are a great vape at high ohms. I use 28/38 or 30/40, typically around 1 ohm, in my Kayfun lite. They also work well for series stacks. 26/38 Ni80, 8-9 wraps on a 3mm ID dual coil, is a great series vape.
Ya, I have to agree. This mtl clapton is vaping amazing. Just flavor for days and it's not popping nearly as bad as the premade 36/32 one that I was using. I've had that premade spool for a very long time, but don't really like them. Flavor is good, but ramp up is insane and it pops really hard. Scares the crap of my uncle and mom every time it happens haha.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I go between hg2's and 30q's. They r perfect 4 my all day rta use
I have 2 sets of HohmLife's, HG2's, and 25r's. The HohmTechs are my favorite. They really seem to last quite a bit longer than the HG2 with approx. the same mAh. And they seem to hit a little harder on my parallel boxes. The lg's had been my favorite ADV batts for a while before that.

I just picked up a set of HohmWork v2. 25 amp 2500 mah and they hit harder than the vct5a. Also just picked up a set of 30T's cause I got something special coming ... will share in a couple weeks! :O

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Got me some more juice from @zephyr - meg. Needed something fresh to vape it out of. Figured it was only propper to vape it from some of her classic coils. So, I threw together some 8 ply .3/28/46 Framed staples, 5 wraps on a 3 mm ID, .12 ohm (came out really high and I can't figure out why) dual coil.
IMG_20190413_175059_907.jpg

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you brother. You are right about both...the vape i get off the nano is great

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Those engine nano's are still great vapes with tasty flavor. Used to have five of those lil buggers. :teehee: They really shine with 28GA builds, IMHO. Kinda regret not keeping one for myself when I sold them a few months ago. :crazy:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got me some more juice from @zephyr - meg. Needed something fresh to vape it out of. Figured it was only propper to vape it from some of her classic coils. So, I threw together some 8 ply .3/28/46 Framed staples, 5 wraps on a 3 mm ID, .12 ohm (came out really high and I can't figure out why) dual coil.
View attachment 135996
You really nailed the 46GA fuse, dude! Very nice!

SoiDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 135996
Really nice build. Nailed it

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You really nailed the 46GA fuse, dude! Very nice!
Really nice build. Nailed it
Thanks guys :D I'm pretty comfy doing 46g claps. Groove fusing with it aint to bad. I've done a few aliens with it to varying successes . But anything beyond that I just don't have the skill yet. I plateaued at 42 and haven't pushed myself further.

My G2 needed some attention. He's just been sitting over in the corner all lonesome for months.

SSFC 4 ply .3 KA1/28g Ni80/40g SS316L, 5 wrap on a 2.5mm ID, .11 ohms (pre-fire). Figure if I was going to do my most comfortable build I'd throw in a little mixed alloys and hopefully get a color show :) Only the pref-ire shots at the moment. Maybe sit down with it after I get the kids in bed. But probably work on pulsing tomorrow.

And yes I intentionally mounted them this way. I wanted that extra ~1/2 wrap. I am pushing resistance damn low as it is for my typical RTA build.

PicsArt_04-14-07.42.02.jpg PicsArt_04-14-07.22.33.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys :D I'm pretty comfy doing 46g claps. Groove fusing with it aint to bad. I've done a few aliens with it to varying successes . But anything beyond that I just don't have the skill yet. I plateaued at 42 and haven't pushed myself further.

My G2 needed some attention. He's just been sitting over in the corner all lonesome for months.

SSFC 4 ply .3 KA1/28g Ni80/40g SS316L, 5 wrap on a 2.5mm ID, .11 ohms (pre-fire). Figure if I was going to do my most comfortable build I'd throw in a little mixed alloys and hopefully get a color show :) Only the pref-ire shots at the moment. Maybe sit down with it after I get the kids in bed. But probably work on pulsing tomorrow.

And yes I intentionally mounted them this way. I wanted that extra ~1/2 wrap. I am pushing resistance damn low as it is for my typical RTA build.

View attachment 136092 View attachment 136091
That's a seriously clean build. I haven't even attempted anything to do with staggering yet. One day I'll have to try it. Can't wait to see thecolor shots!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wow, awesome work dude! Bet that's gonna taste great! :cheers:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Gotta hate it when you dont pay attention to how long its been since i charged the drill. My old drill would start to run a lil slower. Had some warning. This drill runs strong rite till it cuts out.
That just happened to me. Frustrating but my own fault. Lol

SoiDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
After 1 month of building i tried alien...wow i need to get this down , coz i want to get fraliens down. Ribbonlyfe
Anyway here is the first try. Out of 27 inches , i barely managed to get one coil with some blems out.
3 x 26. 26 decore. 36 wrap
6cfa80a1c90a47cba09a54081b8fe756.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Man I have always loved the look of these. Just never have enough time to try again. Only ever done one good coil. Lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors