Become a Patron!

Post your preferred build and favorite RDA/RTA

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
I just got the perfect builds in my two RDAs after MUCH experimenting. I'm waiting on a mod in the mail for my Kylin Mini/OBS Crius II/Digiflavor Themis mesh so I'll have to post those later.

I tried every gauge wire from 24-28 trying to find my preferred vape in my RDAs for regulated and mech. I figured out I like .18-.20 ohm builds the best.

Then I ordered some in-between gauge SS316L and found out my favorite wire for the perfect temp/ramp up time is 25g.

So now I've got my two favorite RDAs all set with my preferred coil type which is spaced parallel coils. Yes, I like them more than claptons/complex/flat/round wire builds lol.

Definitely give them a try if you haven't tried spaced ones because the flavor difference is huge from contact parallels IME. I always make sure there's ZERO spaces anywhere along the coil besides the intentional spacing between wraps. Might make a big difference, not really sure.

So I've got a .19ohm 3mm 6 wrap 25g in my Hermetic on my Vandy Vape Pulse X at 55 watts.

Then I have a .18ohm 3mm 5 wrap in my Narca on my Wismec Luxotic BF mech mod. Both using that delicious Drago Cotton.

I'm so glad I ordered that 25 gauge. I tried a 4mm 24g in my Hermetic and it got way too hot and the ramp up took far too long. It was like everything I disliked about claptons but with parallels haha.

Now it's back to instant instant ramp up with dense flavorful clouds (pretty huge clouds for a single coil IMO). I can take huge hits off of either mod too and it won't get hot or burn my cotton. I can chain vape like crazy and they just stay nice and cool. Loving it.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now it's back to instant instant ramp up with dense flavorful clouds (pretty huge clouds for a single coil IMO).

Kudos @KoblinV3, it's great when you figure out something that works well for you!

IMO, there is no reason to get less of anything from a single coil build compared to multiple coils. It's all in how well you design the build :cool:

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
Yeah me too! No definitely no reason not to. I have tried the dual coil setups and I'm just not a fan. I thought my mech was underpowered for my coil mass (even though the resistance was well within my Samsung 20S' capabilities) because I was getting firework-like popping with the drago cotton. Turns out my squonk bottle on the wismec luxotic had gotten loose and I was squonking air!

It's hard to tell with that super hard bottle (new squishy ones from fasttech on the way!) but yeah I had actually dried it out so much it was like BONE dry and still no dry hits or burnt/cottony taste for the longest time! In fact when I did eventually get a burnt tasting dry hit I thought I had a short. That's how good that stuff is at not burning/tasting like burnt/cotton. I'm all about the mavation x by cottonman now but thought I'd share that impressive tidbit.

VU Sponsors