Become a Patron!

Postless Decks - I Don't Get It

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run a parallel 10 wrap 26 ga SS316l 3mm coil in mine.
Fits perfectly and vapes nice on the pico.

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
Been vapin 3+ years only had one mod break after I dropped it.
Been vapin over 2.5 years on the same Kanger Kbox mini.
Vapin around a year on a Kanger dripbox 160.

No 'up in smok' mods though ;)

Lol I’m not a fan of the smok alien honestly...I rocked a 3 year old sigeli 150tc for 3 years lol. It was a beast. Had been through hell and back and still worked. My brother in law has it now and still works like a dream

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On cost of vaping as a smoking alternative and a hobby.
Been vaping over 3 years now.
Have spent total maybe 1/3 on what i would have spent on $4/pack cigs.
Am stocked up to where I would not HAVE to buy anything till next year. And then just PG/VG and flavoring and maybe another spool or wire and some cotton. Sometime within 2 years more batteries as they wear out...
I hear you and I myself am set for a bit aside from a few more things I'd like to get.

When I quit smoking it was costing me $12 for 3 cartons worth of ciggy tubes (600) and $22 for a bag of tobacco that was the equivalent of 3 cartons. That would last me about 3 weeks. That's about as cheap as the ciggy habit could get for me.

From what I understand now, a pack of Marlboro/Camel is $10! That would be $100 per week to slowly kill myself.

I see no problem with people spending money on not only a healthier alternative to Cigs but a hobby that gives them something to do and stimulates the brain cells. Spending money on mods and Atty's is still cheaper depending on how heavily one smoked in comparison to how much they spend on vape gear.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you and I myself am set for a bit aside from a few more things I'd like to get.

When I quit smoking it was costing me $12 for 3 cartons worth of ciggy tubes (600) and $22 for a bag of tobacco that was the equivalent of 3 cartons. That would last me about 3 weeks. That's about as cheap as the ciggy habit could get for me.

From what I understand now, a pack of Marlboro/Camel is $10! That would be $100 per week to slowly kill myself.

I see no problem with people spending money on not only a healthier alternative to Cigs but a hobby that gives them something to do and stimulates the brain cells. Spending money on mods and Atty's is still cheaper depending on how heavily one smoked in comparison to how much they spend on vape gear.
I used to smoke 3 packs a day. Do glad I found vaping!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well after reading all the praise for the wasp I’m going to have to get one now. Just so you all know I’m going to blame all of you for making me get it when I get the look from the wife.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”
Lmao I feel for you, I've ordered one too and my GF is going mad at me "why did you order 4 of them" but your gonna love the Wasp. I tried one a couple months back and kept trying not to buy one and caved.
In 3 days I will have 4 of them.
I love the Advken Gorge too. It's basically a bigger wasp nano so I will use my wasp for 22mm mods & the Gorge for my 26650 mods

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I shared one with my wife at the beach this summer. She rarely smokes, maybe once a year. It wasn’t horrible, wasn’t great either. I definitely didn’t wake up wanting one.
I've noticed I can't stand the smell of a cigarette anymore. We've all been there I'm sure. Someone walks in after smoking and we are like man you smell good. Yeah not anymore for me.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lol I’m not a fan of the smok alien honestly...I rocked a 3 year old sigeli 150tc for 3 years lol. It was a beast. Had been through hell and back and still worked. My brother in law has it now and still works like a dream
My Smok Alien lasted about 6 months before acting up. Wasn't a fan..

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use wasps on mine now.
Just recently bought a 3rd DB160 for a little over $20.
Still using my first one.
The 22 mm Goon clone works fine on them too.

when I get a new vape stash mod I will use it for a week or two to be sure it works fine and then put it away.
I'm vaping on my almost 2 year old DB160 right now. Paint flaked off long ago, pretty beat up looking even with a wrap, but still vapes strong. I'm using a Velocity clone with BF pin with a glass barrel. It's an old setup, but I still love it, something about that glass barrel.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping on my almost 2 year old DB160 right now. Paint flaked off long ago, pretty beat up looking even with a wrap, but still vapes strong. I'm using a Velocity clone with BF pin with a glass barrel. It's an old setup, but I still love it, something about that glass barrel.
Paint came off the squonk side of my DB160 but control side is still pristine.
Like the 2 halves were painted with different paint?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My Smok Alien lasted about 6 months before acting up. Wasn't a fan..

I guess I’ve had good luck. I have two aliens that I’ve had over a year. Never had any problems with either of them.
But they aren’t my favorites because they are terrible at reading the right ohms on my tanks and the batteries don’t last as long as other mods I have.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I guess I’ve had good luck. I have two aliens that I’ve had over a year. Never had any problems with either of them.
But they aren’t my favorites because they are terrible at reading the right ohms on my tanks and the batteries don’t last as long as other mods I have.

Right you are. I even tried all the hacks to fix, adjusting the spring, yada yada, no dice. And upgrading firmware, forget it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Right you are. I even tried all the hacks to fix, adjusting the spring, yada yada, no dice. And upgrading firmware, forget it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve never upgraded the firmware on either of them. Might be why I haven’t had any problems. I’ll keep them on the shelf as just in case mods. The only firmware upgrades I’ve done is putting Arctic Fox on my pico which has definitely improved the performance and battery life. Also tweaked my settings on my Therion with escribe. Still in the process of making adjustments on that every few weeks.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What the fuck? What is wrong with you?
Lol that dude is a know it all cock sucker. I've tried to be nice to the little bitch but I'm going to just keep it real. You Don baldy are a fucktard. Suck a dick and choke on cum.

It's not postless it's got a fucking block for a post ya dumb fuck. It works like a postless but it's not. Not like the dpro or the pulse. Those are true postless build that have nothing in the dripper just coils and cotton.

Don baldy your just mad at life. I'm sober as can be and enjoying my life I'm tired of how you like to make people feel bad. Your the king douchebag go back to ecf where your little following is. We don't need you. All you do is copy paste info. Your a poser. Know it all little douchebag.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think we all agree just fine Don baldy leave our forum you little fuck. We don't want your here. We don't want your negativity. We want you to leave.

I wish Kingpin could let us all take a vote.

Don baldy go fuck yourself. You will never get me mad call me what you want. I've died, been shot, been stabbed, you think your dumb ass comments mean shit to me? Nope. You an arrogant fuck head. I'm done stooping to your level. I sincerely hope one day that black piece of charcoal you can a heart and soul wakes up. He came here after people from ecf got sick of him.

Postless means no posts, no nubs. A flat deck that your coils go into the deck.

The csmnt is not postless. The dead rabbit is not postless, the fucking pulse is postless. The dpro is postless.

You were called out no one here wants your negativity goodbye

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Like the DPRO by Coilart, thing is cute! View attachment 103265

And they got the screws going the right direction, so flat wire will stay flat and not twist. I need to either get a small squonker mod for it or trade it though, I don't have a dripper's patience.
I need more airflow. If that gave just a tiny bit more airflow it would without a doubt be perfect.

I used to be a junkie. I'll never ever let some dbag like him make me upset I've accomplished so much.

If you really wanna see him get mad talk about how contact coils are better than spaced. He will blow a gasket.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need more airflow. If that gave just a tiny bit more airflow it would without a doubt be perfect.

I used to be a junkie. I'll never ever let some dbag like him make me upset I've accomplished so much.

If you really wanna see him get mad talk about how contact coils are better than spaced. He will blow a gasket.

Same, DPRo is kinda in that middle zone I don't like, too big for MTL or good single coil, too small and not enough air flow for big honkin' coils

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lol that dude is a know it all cock sucker. I've tried to be nice to the little bitch but I'm going to just keep it real. You Don baldy are a fucktard. Suck a dick and choke on cum.

It's not postless it's got a fucking block for a post ya dumb fuck. It works like a postless but it's not. Not like the dpro or the pulse. Those are true postless build that have nothing in the dripper just coils and cotton.

Don baldy your just mad at life. I'm sober as can be and enjoying my life I'm tired of how you like to make people feel bad. Your the king douchebag go back to ecf where your little following is. We don't need you. All you do is copy paste info. Your a poser. Know it all little douchebag.

Dude - it was Don29Palms that hurled the insult, not DonBaldly :crazy:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And he's just said the comments will not make him mad while hurling a whole load of insults so just contradicts what he's saying

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Why have you quoted Brad he's done fuck all wrong to you. Crawl back into your hole you fucking dick

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's an attention seeking piece of shit, I don't get why he's posting shit about being shot and stabbed. It's a vaping forum not a fucking counselling session.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He could of kept his mouth shut but no he's a whiny little attention seeking bitch.
I cannot be bothered with his fucking tedious bullshit. Why the hell is he trying to crave attention on a vaping forum.
We need to get the fuck back to topic

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Back too topic though postless decks actually ain't half bad. You don't have to worry about what size of coil you can fit in!
I have yet to build on one but I've seen reviews and definitely agree. Some of the Atty's I've seen can take some rather big coils.

Any leaking issues with postless decks? My preference is single coil builds and a month ago I had a choice between getting a 22mm single coil pulse rda or a 22mm Goon. Despite my preference for single coil I chose the Goon. Not a fan of VV and didn't trust that juice wouldn't seep through the screws and leak.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have yet to build on one but I've seen reviews and definitely agree. Some of the Atty's I've seen can take some rather big coils.

Any leaking issues with postless decks? My preference is single coil builds and a month ago I had a choice between getting a 22mm single coil pulse rda or a 22mm Goon. Despite my preference for single coil I chose the Goon. Not a fan of VV and didn't trust that juice wouldn't seep through the screws and leak.
I use a Kylin and Reload clone an have had zero leaks.
I don't own the Pulse 22 so couldn't comment but the Goon is a damn good choice. I don't use RDA'S much now but they are alot less fiddly than RTA'S for sure. I'd definitely recommend picking up a Reload or Reload clone. I've just ordered an authentic but they are always out of stock. It's been months till I found one!

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ima go ahead and stamp likes on the Don29Palms hate posts. I don’t think zohmbiebuilds posts were directed at donbaldy and he was probs seeing red after reading what the other don had written about him. I can’t blame him.

If you’re familiar with Don29Palms from other forums, you know he’s just reaping a little of what he’s sewn.

Sorry to interject. We now resume normal programming.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a Kylin and Reload clone an have had zero leaks.
I don't own the Pulse 22 so couldn't comment but the Goon is a damn good choice. I don't use RDA'S much now but they are alot less fiddly than RTA'S for sure. I'd definitely recommend picking up a Reload or Reload clone. I've just ordered an authentic but they are always out of stock. It's been months till I found one!
I absolutely love my goon and am so happy with that choice despite being a dual coil setup. The flavor on that little rda is Fucking awesome.

I'll have to watch some reviews on the reload to learn more about it.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Postless decks have actually become my favourite deck option. I don't understand how people find them so difficult.
Based on the reviews I've watched I would agree. Cutting the legs and positioning the coil to the airflow slots doesn't look difficult at all. Especially with all that space to work with on the deck.

Not knocking those that may have struggled so please don't take offense.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on the reviews I've watched I would agree. Cutting the legs and positioning the coil to the airflow slots doesn't look difficult at all. Especially with all that space to work with on the deck.

Not knocking those that may have struggled so please don't take offense.
Easier decks I've ever worked with but if you get a deck with postless an get stuck just message me :) I own quite a few postless deck RTA'S an RDA'S.
Nice choice on the Goon btw. One of my favourites. If cash isn't an issue for you check out the Hadaly. It's restricted but great flavour.
@kingpin thanks for the recommendation that is one damn special RDA :)

VU Sponsors