Become a Patron!

Potential Vaper - Quitting Smoking

Hello all,

I've been a smoker for about 10 years now and I've decided it's time to quit before it's too late. Part of the reason I'm quitting is that my significant other HATES the smell/taste the cigarettes leave on me. It has become an issue as far as intimacy goes and is really getting in the way of our relationship. I've been meaning to get rid of this nasty habit again (I've quit for as long as 8 months in the past) but for good this time. I'm tired of being a prisoner to these cigarettes, feeling the guilt and shame that comes along with it amongst my peers and spending all this damn money!

I am going to the local vape store and getting all the information I need from them (hopefully.) But I just wanted to drop in here and say hello.

As far as the smell/taste issue though...am I going to run into the same issue with the vape? Are there certain builds/juices/whatever that leave no smell (on my fingers, clothes, mouth) or after taste?

Thanks!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome! Hopefully you've got a good local shop, some are great and others straight con artists...that said, this is the place to double check any info or prices they give you before pulling the trigger.

To answer your question, most vapor is either neutral or even pleasant smelling. Some flavors, though, hit some people the wrong way. You'll have to experiment a bit, and not fall in love with a flavor your SO hates, though once you get your sense of smell back you'll realize that anything is better than cig smoke.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm if not decent none over charging B&M near you...
Ask and we will gladly point you into our coveted nest of vendors and good set ups.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll be good to go with vaping, your SO will love you for it thus improving under the sheets:) it's a win win here!!!

Don't be a potential vapor, BE a vapor ask us questions and let's get this figured out for you!!!!!

What's your vape budget? What kind of flavors are you thinking might be your fancy?

Are you a tinkering kinda guy or are you a simple just want to fill up a tank and go?

We're here to help!!!!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most odors will be pleasant ones. But try to steer clear of the tobacco Flavors, if you can. Not just because of the smell. It just makes the transition easier if you can avoid the tobacco triggers.

As far as saving money, you won't your first month. You'll have to buy the equipment, but that's only a one time expense if you get the right one the first try. Expect to drop an entire month in cigarette cost, within the first 2 weeks of making the switch.

There are other weekly/monthly expenses. But they can be reduced significantly as you learn to do things yourself, if you're so inclined.

Coils and ejuice with be 2 ongoing cost you'll need to deal with. That cost can be slashed by 80%+ by learning to do it yourself. And by 40%+ using discount juice vendors. Some of which are very good.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations!

I gave up after 40 years of smoking in one day - you can do this :)

As far as flavors, people come into my house and ask if I'm baking cookies. Just avoid anything with a honey flavor in it - leaves a nasty vapor trail (my daughter says it smells like bad fast food).

Let us know how you get on!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Congratulations!

I gave up after 40 years of smoking in one day - you can do this :)

As far as flavors, people come into my house and ask if I'm baking cookies. Just avoid anything with a honey flavor in it - leaves a nasty vapor trail (my daughter says it smells like bad fast food).

Let us know how you get on!
Bad fast food being eaten in the summer buy a homeless man barefoot while farting...

Honey anything might taste good but smells like hell in summer.
There are a few flavors like that.

Last edited:

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Flavor is important when trying to quit the icky sticks.
I stayed away from tobacco and menthol flavors entirely.
Tangy and fruit flavors are my preference.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats on the decision , I switched after 25 years of the cigs. The thing that did the trick was a flavor called ry4; most companies carry a version of it. its sort of like a tobacco meets desert flavor. Think Marlboro with vanilla and caramel. After 6 months I went to all desert flavors and have been there since. The only odor is like grandma baking a cake.
Once you find what works there will be no turning back!

Right there with you. 10 year smoker that WILL quit by the end of the year. Just started about 3 weeks ago and I've gone from two packs a day to about 3/4 of one a day. My 2 cents would be to find an Avail store, go in, and try all their flavors. The ones around here have great staff and don't helping you find the flavor that's perfect for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Congratulations! Don't be a potential vaper, BE a vaper with us! We'll help you in any way possible. I used tobacco products for almost 30 years and gave them up in 1 day for vaping. I was diagnosed with environmentally induced asthma that I got thanks to my 13 month vacation in Club Afghanistan fighting the war on terror, before I retired. This has greatly improved my breathing, the smell on and around me, but still allows me to get my nicotine.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If years ago I was ecig only the WTNA withdrawal would have failed at quitting.
Harm reduction products helped on top of vaping.

VU Sponsors