Become a Patron!

Prayer requests /all faiths /Everyone welcome

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude ,give it a rest , One opinion , or view on questions of faith , can not be proved wrong by another opinion or view of faith . I'm not even religious and can see it that way . I can respect any and all views on that subject .

Okay, just made peace with Arthur but some Joe has to put his 2 cents in...
IF THE MAN CLAIMS JESUS IT BEHOOVES HIM TO KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT
AND OPINIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT JESUS SAID.
It is quite clear, translated into many languages and hasn't changed in over 2000 years.

You said it, you're not religious so yours is just another irrelevant opinion
which of course you have a right to have even if it's wrong. But it is WRONG.

So... I'll say the same to you.
Give peace a chance and research what you're talking about.
I suggest you find a Muslim and tell him all about your opinion...LOL.

Funny how you step in after the fact, when the discussion is already at rest to suggest
I give it a rest.

PS. Go away, we're resting

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay, just made peace with Arthur but some Joe has to put his 2 cents in...
IF THE MAN CLAIMS JESUS IT BEHOOVES HIM TO KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT
AND OPINIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT JESUS SAID.
It is quite clear, translated into many languages and hasn't changed in over 2000 years.

You said it, you're not religious so yours is just another irrelevant opinion
which of course you have a right to have even if it's wrong. But it is WRONG.

So... I'll say the same to you.
Give peace a chance and research what you're talking about.
I suggest you find a Muslim and tell him all about your opinion...LOL.

Funny how you step in after the fact, when the discussion is already at rest to suggest
I give it a rest.

PS. Go away, we're resting
I'll say anything I feel like saying , anytime I want to . LMAO .

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll say anything I feel like saying , anytime I want to . LMAO .
Sure you will, Jack.
Most imbeciles act that way. Y'all just run your mouths even when you have nothing to say.
If it walks like a duck it probably quacks & shits like one too.

Try to not break your keyboard pounding on it as you LYAO

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HazyShades your sure told me buddy .So much hate and anger for a man of God like yourself .
I hope you find your way . Yea i maybe a asshole but im not forcing anything on you just strickly my opinion as a catholic . I mean no harm but i guess this is not the place . As a catholic i pray for you ....as a guy from jersey i say go fuck yourself
If you are saying your are Catholic in the strictest theological sense then I truly understand your intent. If Howver, you are saying it as a follower of a sect then that is the division that man has created in Christianity in general.. I am curious..

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades thank you for your understanding and opinions . I never claimed to be a preacher or represent anything then hopefully giving a uplifting thought to someones day thats all . Yes im just a guy from Jersey nothing more . I know whats in my heart and my intent . Im not sure why you find this offensive or the need to attack me . I would encourage you to share your vast biblical knowledge on this thread Since you feel i have done such disservice to Gods word .
Best wishes

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MrScaryZ i am a catholic i was raised catholic and went to 12 years of catholic school .That being said its most likley why i dont belive most what is said by the catholic church . Ive seen supposed people of God do evil things . I belive in jesus and in doing right by your fellow man as well as you can .Not to go out of your way to hurt try to help those in need . Do i live by the book? not always but that is for God to judge me . I regrett this thread, religion odly brings out the worst in people i only truly had a good intention . But as they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions " Im just a asshole in New Jersey .
All the best

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@MrScaryZ i am a catholic i was raised catholic and went to 12 years of catholic school .That being said its most likley why i dont belive most what is said by the catholic church . Ive seen supposed people of God do evil things . I belive in jesus and in doing right by your fellow man as well as you can .Not to go out of your way to hurt try to help those in need . Do i live by the book? not always but that is for God to judge me . I regrett this thread, religion odly brings out the worst in people i only truly had a good intention . But as they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions " Im just a asshole in New Jersey .
All the best
I taught K-8 computers at a Catholic School for 2 years when I was in College.. My Ex was raised Catholic now prepare youself ... My Mother inlaw was an Ex Nun she was 7 years in and tried jumping out a window.. So I was not dissing just a question.. My Belief is soon we will be seeing the following
four-horsemen.jpg

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the best
Once you have it all together you'll no longer need Jesus. I've yet to meet anyone who no longer needs Jesus. I've met plenty who don't think they need Him but none that were correct. Whatever and whenever we mess it up, that's covered on the cross. Religion believe we must act a certain way and say certain things in order to be religiously accepted. Jesus said He came for the rest of us.
As far as praying in your closet, the intent was not so much literal as it was a word picture. Literally it meant don't pray publicly for the purpose of being seen or acting a certain way. Paul, in another book in the Bible states to always be in an attitude of prayer,iow, public or private to have an attitude of talking to God about things. He basically is saying about our faith "it's a relationship not a religion".
Doubters and scoffers will always abound and will go out of their way to try and trip us up, call us out on our weaknesses and human frailties. The truth is Jesus died on a cross for them. Don't know about you but His opinion of me carries more weight than forum posts or other attempts to slander or accuse. Don't take it personally. Jesus took it personally for you ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very well said my friend .I was too quick to anger . Your never too old to still learn lessons. Thanks for a great response

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades thank you for your understanding and opinions . I never claimed to be a preacher or represent anything then hopefully giving a uplifting thought to someones day thats all . Yes im just a guy from Jersey nothing more . I know whats in my heart and my intent . Im not sure why you find this offensive or the need to attack me . I would encourage you to share your vast biblical knowledge on this thread Since you feel i have done such disservice to Gods word .
Best wishes
I thought we were resting...Dude, stating the truth isn't attacking you.
If you really need me to then I'll attack you but that's kind of silly.
All I did was point out that some of the things you say as if you were in a position to
pastor are theologically incorrect from Biblical, Christian, and Roman Catholic doctrine.
Your response was bogus, defensive, and rude, Jersey boy.

The truth in Christ's words should be uplifting enough and no "opinion" should be necessary
nor should a defense of His position be based on your personal opinion.
His words whether in Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew are simple to understand as they are.

Yes, I consider the Christianese in a vaping forum tantamount to
doing as the Pharisees in Christ's eyes.
Are you ordained? No. Just a guy with an opinion and that's cool as long as you don't pretend to Pastor.
Now, it isn't me being offended here you see. I personally don't give a damn whether you fool yourself
or burn in damnation.
It's Jesus and our Father you're offending by pretending to speak for them
when you only speak for your opinion.
Surely you've heard of the unpardonable sin, the one that Father Joe can't forgive
you when you goto confession.
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Read all about it and think about what your Lord told the pharisees.

Now, I returned your olive branch even though it seemed to be missing some leaves
and I offered you some links and knowledge.
But now you ask me to share my knowledge in what seems an awful sarcastic tone.
Jot that down for next time you go to confession because both pride and sarcasm are sins
in the eyes of the Lord.
Don't ask me to share, teach, or interpret. The Holy Spirit is at your disposal
as soon as you swallow your pride.

Domini
Opus Dei
Hazy Ω

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once you have it all together you'll no longer need Jesus. I've yet to meet anyone who no longer needs Jesus. I've met plenty who don't think they need Him but none that were correct. Whatever and whenever we mess it up, that's covered on the cross. Religion believe we must act a certain way and say certain things in order to be religiously accepted. Jesus said He came for the rest of us.
As far as praying in your closet, the intent was not so much literal as it was a word picture. Literally it meant don't pray publicly for the purpose of being seen or acting a certain way. Paul, in another book in the Bible states to always be in an attitude of prayer,iow, public or private to have an attitude of talking to God about things. He basically is saying about our faith "it's a relationship not a religion".
Doubters and scoffers will always abound and will go out of their way to try and trip us up, call us out on our weaknesses and human frailties. The truth is Jesus died on a cross for them. Don't know about you but His opinion of me carries more weight than forum posts or other attempts to slander or accuse. Don't take it personally. Jesus took it personally for you ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yo Biker,
Your take re praying in your closet seems like an opinion to me.
Do you really think His Word needs interpretation? His parables were to the point
but open to interpretation but not his outright specific instructions or condemnations.

Jesus did not say He came to do away with the law but rather to fulfill the law.
While His Blood may cover our sins repentance is a requirement and His Blood is not a license to sin.
Being religiously accepted is not what this is about.
Fuck religion, that was part of His message to the pharisees.
Being acceptable to God is what this is about and if you don't repent,
if you run around sinning, killing, or taking His name in vain
and committing Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit then you aren't acceptable to God as per His very own easy to understand words, no interpretation needed and His Blood is made a mockery.
Correction was urged by Paul and indulged in.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are saying your are Catholic in the strictest theological sense then I truly understand your intent. If Howver, you are saying it as a follower of a sect then that is the division that man has created in Christianity in general.. I am curious..

Bro, I'm out of this thread. Arthur has good intentions..
that's all I'm gonna say and I've already told you the rest.
Catch you elsewhere and I'm till waiting for that Blue Bell.
The old lady suggested dry ice...;-)

I'm history...Think I'll leave 'em with an Om Maha Kali, Om Nama Shivaya...Om
or izzat Hummmmmmmm :)

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yo Biker,
Your take re praying in your closet seems like an opinion to me.
Do you really think His Word needs interpretation? His parables were to the point
but open to interpretation but not his outright specific instructions or condemnations.

Jesus did not say He came to do away with the law but rather to fulfill the law.
While His Blood may cover our sins repentance is a requirement and His Blood is not a license to sin.
Being religiously accepted is not what this is about.
Fuck religion, that was part of His message to the pharisees.
Being acceptable to God is what this is about and if you don't repent,
if you run around sinning, killing, or taking His name in vain
and committing Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit then you aren't acceptable to God as per His very own easy to understand words, no interpretation needed and His Blood is made a mockery.
Correction was urged by Paul and indulged in.
If you don't repent you're not saved and the unsaved are not who I'm speaking to or about. If you want to split hairs to make your point go ahead but I take the fact that Arthur said he's saved (a Christian) by faith by his words. I don't really see the need to get into a urinating contest with anyone , especially someone just trying to disprove a point or prove one.
And by the way, Jesus didn't go around just quoting scripture verbatim but His word pictures and parables were human interpretations of said scripture as well. By your thinking John the Baptist had no right to tell of Jesus ministry because he had no degree in theology. All 12 original apostles had no right to do as Jesus commanded them to do because they didn't go to college? That about right? They had no acronyms around their name so there was no accuracy to their words or actions sound like what you mean?
Anyway, this thread is about prayer to our accepted deity and not a contest of whose religion is best and who here does the best job of practicing it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Note8

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades i have to say i like you dude your a man of conviction you stay on your point no matter what . Again im not pretending to be anything and i wasnt being sarcastic with asking you to share . Your very entertaining in your rage over everything so i will say your right i was wrong you win .
God bless

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't repent you're not saved and the unsaved are not who I'm speaking to or about. If you want to split hairs to make your point go ahead but I take the fact that Arthur said he's saved (a Christian) by faith by his words. I don't really see the need to get into a urinating contest with anyone , especially someone just trying to disprove a point or prove one.
And by the way, Jesus didn't go around just quoting scripture verbatim but His word pictures and parables were human interpretations of said scripture as well. By your thinking John the Baptist had no right to tell of Jesus ministry because he had no degree in theology. All 12 original apostles had no right to do as Jesus commanded them to do because they didn't go to college? That about right? They had no acronyms around their name so there was no accuracy to their words or actions sound like what you mean?
Anyway, this thread is about prayer to our accepted deity and not a contest of whose religion is best and who here does the best job of practicing it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Note8
In other words since you can't argue whatever point you're making
you're going to set up a bunch of strawmen about college, John the Baptist,
and the Apostles.
Yeah...John the Baptist had the authority of the Tanach.
Jesus had the Authority of the Tanach.
The RCC bases it's dogma..or at least used to
on the Authority of both OT and NT.
No degree necessary, just a bit of intelligence to see the connection.
Sure, repentance is a prerequisite for salvation but if after
your (alleged) salvation to stand up on street corners and preach a false Gospel
then you haven't repented and are still in sin.

Seems to me the only ones trying to see if they can piss more than me
are only pissing on the Jesus Christ whose Blood they claim.

What I've done here is correct somebody who claims His Blood
but who in the eyes of anybody in the Spirit (no degree needed)
is pissing on that Blood and anybody defending that piss is anti-Christ
and fomenting discord and misunderstanding.

You guys seem to think that some dude named Jesus just showed and said I'm THE LORD
and the King of the Jews w/o any authority to do that and that's not how it goes.
He has a pedigree which gave Him AUTHORITY. It's on that authority
that we have Christianity and to disregard that authority as interpretation or opinion
is to disregard the LORD.

Look, I'm not here to preach Sunday School or teach you guys
I know I could lead horses to water but mules are difficult to make drink.
However if you read your Scripture instead of running around thinking you're saved
'cause Paul and Janet Crouch said "Repeat after me"
or some such nonsense then you're in for some surprising news when you find He doesn't know you.

Send your Tithes to @MrScaryZ and talk to yourselves all you want 'cause
Jesus told those guys w/o degrees but plenty of pedigree
that if you come to a town and nobody wants to hear your words they
should dust their sandals and walk,

I'm dustin and walking..

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades i have to say i like you dude your a man of conviction you stay on your point no matter what . Again im not pretending to be anything and i wasnt being sarcastic with asking you to share . Your very entertaining in your rage over everything so i will say your right i was wrong you win .
God bless
Man, you missed the whole point and are still arguing and justifying your BS.
If you don't know you used sarcasm at the same time you asked me to share the wealth
you're not paying attention to your self.
You think I'm gonna keep trying? LOL.

Hypocrisy is a sin also. Guess it's Okay for you to bullshit, be sarcastic, codependent,
self excusing, hypocritical, take His name in vain, change Scripture (Paul had much to say about that)
'cause one day you repented of those other sins and asked Him to save your ass.

Like I said, You can lead a horse to water but you can't make asses drink.
Yea, I win.

Bye bye

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your right cause I don't know what your talking about anymore . Your a bore now .call me what you will .I was only trying to spread a good word. Now please go away as promised

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God our Father,

we find it difficult to come to you,

because our knowledge of you is imperfect.

In our ignorance we have imagined you to be our enemy;

we have wrongly thought that you take pleasure in punishing our sins;

and we have foolishly conceived you to be a tyrant over human life.

But since Jesus came among us, he has shown that youare loving,

that you are on our side against all that stunts life,

and that our resentment against you was groundless.

So we come to you asking you to forgive our past ignorance,

and wanting to know more and more of you and your forgiving love,

through Jesus Christ our Lord.

- St. Augustine, Prayer for Forgiveness

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I taught K-8 computers at a Catholic School for 2 years when I was in College.. My Ex was raised Catholic now prepare youself ... My Mother inlaw was an Ex Nun she was 7 years in and tried jumping out a window.. So I was not dissing just a question.. My Belief is soon we will be seeing the following
four-horsemen.jpg
pony races??

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I truly believe if Christ came back and saw people arguing about quotes in the bible he'd be enraged...enraged that our lack of spiritual development was so debased...we thought we could find God on the pages of a book cobbeled together, and edited by a bunch self serving twats.....let those who have ears hear and eyes see.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action -MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God. The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the "word of God" into existence. (I wish to thank Brian Show for pointing out in his rebuttal to this article that the final version of the Christian Bible was not voted on at the Council of Nicaea, per se. The Church leaders didn't finish editing the "holy" scriptures until the Council of Trent when the Catholic Church pronounced the Canon closed. However, it seems the real approving editor of the Bible was not God but Constantine!"

• So a Pagan emperor decided what the bible was to be.....personally I view the Old testament as a Jewish book and irrelevant in the study of the teachings of christ.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action -MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God. The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the "word of God" into existence. (I wish to thank Brian Show for pointing out in his rebuttal to this article that the final version of the Christian Bible was not voted on at the Council of Nicaea, per se. The Church leaders didn't finish editing the "holy" scriptures until the Council of Trent when the Catholic Church pronounced the Canon closed. However, it seems the real approving editor of the Bible was not God but Constantine!"

• So a Pagan emperor decided what the bible was to be.....personally I view the Old testament as a Jewish book and irrelevant in the study of the teachings of christ.
Well since you are stating the obvious I guess so .. Since Jesus was not around when the Old Testament was written it surely would be irreverent to teach the future make sense

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why i keep my beliefs very simple . I dont think you should need a phd and interpet anicent texts to live a good life ,or understand the lesson of christ .

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Lord Jesus, let your light dispel the darkness that what is lost may be found and restored. Let your light shine through me that others may see your truth and love and find hope and peace in you. May I never doubt your love nor take for granted the mercy you have shown to me. Fill me with your transforming love that I may be merciful as you are merciful."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, all that I have is a gift from you. May I love you freely and generously with all that I possess. Help me to be a wise and faithful steward of the resources you put at my disposal, including the use of my time, money, and possessions."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Intercessory Prayer to St. Jude

Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly - (here make your request) that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.
I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus Christ, you open wide the door of your Father�s house and you bid us to enter confidently that we may worship in spirit and truth. Help me to draw near to your throne of mercy with gratitude and joy."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, you give us victory over the destructive forces of sin and harmful desires that keep us from doing your will. Give me the strength to always choose what is good and to reject what is wrong. May your love rule my heart that I may forgive those who cause me harm and guide those who need your help.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy veterans day to all who have served and sacrifced for our freedom .Your service is greatly appreciated.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, may I never fail to recognize your loving kindness and mercy. Fill my heart with compassion and thanksgiving, and free me from ingratitude and discontentment. Help me to count my blessings with a grateful heart and to give thanks in all circumstances

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus Christ, may your kingdom come and my your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Be the Ruler of my heart and the Master of my life that I may always live in the freedom of your love and truth."

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to pray for @HazyShades because I believe that the scripture
Leviticus 18:22 has created much stress with his mind
Fuck you, @MrScaryZ
I'm not the guy with nothing to lose...just for that I'm gonna sick @stevegmu on you
@Arthur, Scary emailed me and asked me to come fuck with your head, but I refuse.
Thanks for your prayers but they're not really necessary, I have a hotline to the Lord.
G*d Bless you.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God bless @HazyShades. Im sorry we disagreed and i didnt make clear it was my opinion. You made good points and made me think thank you .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God bless @HazyShades. Im sorry we disagreed and i didnt make clear it was my opinion. You made good points and made me think thank you .
Arthur I did not him need mucho prayer in fact I am going to make a @HazyShades prayer line thread this man is trying to drive me insane and I rebuke it.. Get behind me Satan!

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arthur I did not him need mucho prayer in fact I am going to make a @HazyShades prayer line thread this man is trying to drive me insane and I rebuke it.. Get behind me Satan!
I cannot drive you to where you already are..
Yea, you'd love it if I got behind you...Think you need to read Leviticus again. LOL

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades im going to say you were right i did look it up .i was 100 percent wrong .you were correct in what you said . I should of not intergected my opinion on the matter as i knew it was fact . That being said i acted very inmature in my response . I had one of those days and i often get negative feedback when my attept to spread a little hope for those in need as i myself am . Im ashamed of my reaction and i respect you as a person for forgiving me . It will never happen agian .

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades im going to say you were right i did look it up .i was 100 percent wrong .you were correct in what you said . I should of not intergected my opinion on the matter as i knew it was fact . That being said i acted very inmature in my response . I had one of those days and i often get negative feedback when my attept to spread a little hope for those in need as i myself am . Im ashamed of my reaction and i respect you as a person for forgiving me . It will never happen agian .
Bro, we're cool.
The Lord works in mysterious ways and uses even people like us to do His work.
Download that Theophilus and all the fun Bible versions and studies
I promise you that you'll find it a useful tool. Word.

Opus Dei...
Hazy

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bro, we're cool.
The Lord works in mysterious ways and uses even people like us to do His work.
Download that Theophilus and all the fun Bible versions and studies
I promise you that you'll find it a useful tool. Word.

Opus Dei...
Hazy
Me too I need learning :)

VU Sponsors