Become a Patron!

Prayer requests /all faiths /Everyone welcome

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who didn't spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely give us all things?
– Romans 8:31-32

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since you are stating the obvious I guess so .. Since Jesus was not around when the Old Testament was written it surely would be irreverent to teach the future make sense
Boy oh boy...
Look here, in The Old Testament or Jewish Tanach is written the prophecies which predict that
Jesus Christ, or Yeshua Ben Yosef, Ha Messiah, Isa the carpenter from Nazareth and heir to the throne of David would come.
He was/is the fulfillment of said prophecies, a direct descendant of the line of David
through both Maryam (Mary) and his (step) father Yosef.
In other words, He had a pedigree with which to claim the throne of David
and His doing so was the fulfillment of the Jewish prophecy of several prophets.

While perusing this thread, only because I saw that my friend Arthur quoted Romans,
I've read all kinds of well meaning but ignorant statements.
For one, while the Tanach might be a "Jewish book", the guy who many here claim as their saviour
was an observant Jew, and what we know as "Christianity" derives it's authority from both the Tanach and the New Testament.

Moreover, Constantine blah blah...A little history is called for.
Emperor Constantine was converted to Christianity, he was not a pagan when he established
Christianity as the state religion. Constantine's mother was converted before him
and prior to the Battle of the Milvian Bridge on 28th October 312, Constantine and his troops
saw the sign of the cross in the heavens. They had a vision of the Christian God promising victory
if they daubed the sign of the Chi-Rho, the first two letters of Christ's name in Greek, on their shields.
They beat his brother Maxentius, and in gratitude he became a follower of our Lord.

Furthermore, the books in the Bible were written in the first century and finished in the year 150, not invented by Constantine's church. Early Christians referred to the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Tanach, a Jewish book...
In 331 Constantine commissioned Eusibius to deliver 50 Christian Bibles for the Church of Constantinople.
It's speculated that the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus, both written in the 4th Century
are those Bibles.
Pope Damasus I commissioned the Latin Vulgate circa 383, and approved the books listed as considered legitimate
by the Council of Rome in 382. It wasn't until (St) Augustine called three synods on canonicity: the Synod of Hippo in 393, the Synod of Carthage in 397, and another in Carthage in 419 AD. that Church law that: "nothing shall be read in church under the name of the divine scriptures" except the Old Testament and the canonical books of the New Testament was established.

While true that the Roman Catholic Church left several books considered non canonical,
the Apocrypha out of the present Scriptures, the editing was done because the learned consensus
was that the authority and/or legitimacy of said books was in doubt.

However, many of the Apocryphal books as well as the Dead Sea scrolls and other
writings confirm that which is considered canon.

Christianity is based on Scripture. I didn't say dogma, that's a matter of interpretation
by a bunch of old coots in robes. Yeshua didn't like those dudes.
But He was a stickler for Authority and the law as per the Tanach.
Matter of fact, that's how He kept the adulterous woman from being stoned.
Everybody remembers when He said,"May he without sin cast the first stone"
but few people realize that the law said one needed a witness in order to condemn and stone somebody,
but nobody came forward since they'd have to ante up to their own sin.

I noticed also how one moderator likes it when my post correcting my brother get readily dismissed
or challenged..
LOL. Rather you should like my correction of my brother Arthur
for in doing so I edify and elevate him...for the Glory of our Lord.

God Bless you, @Arthur, @MrScaryZ, and all those others here who thirst
and hunger in your hearts for the Spirit.

Regards.
Opus Dei
Hazy :cool:

PS. Vape on :)

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boy oh boy...
Look here, in The Old Testament or Jewish Tanach is written the prophecies which predict that
Jesus Christ, or Yeshua Ben Yosef, Ha Messiah, Isa the carpenter from Nazareth and heir to the throne of David would come.
He was/is the fulfillment of said prophecies, a direct descendant of the line of David
through both Maryam (Mary) and his (step) father Yosef.
In other words, He had a pedigree with which to claim the throne of David
and His doing so was the fulfillment of the Jewish prophecy of several prophets.

While perusing this thread, only because I saw that my friend Arthur quoted Romans,
I've read all kinds of well meaning but ignorant statements.
For one, while the Tanach might be a "Jewish book", the guy who many here claim as their saviour
was an observant Jew, and what we know as "Christianity" derives it's authority from both the Tanach and the New Testament.

Moreover, Constantine blah blah...A little history is called for.
Emperor Constantine was converted to Christianity, he was not a pagan when he established
Christianity as the state religion. Constantine's mother was converted before him
and prior to the Battle of the Milvian Bridge on 28th October 312, Constantine and his troops
saw the sign of the cross in the heavens. They had a vision of the Christian God promising victory
if they daubed the sign of the Chi-Rho, the first two letters of Christ's name in Greek, on their shields.
They beat his brother Maxentius, and in gratitude he became a follower of our Lord.

Furthermore, the books in the Bible were written in the first century and finished in the year 150, not invented by Constantine's church. Early Christians referred to the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Tanach, a Jewish book...
In 331 Constantine commissioned Eusibius to deliver 50 Christian Bibles for the Church of Constantinople.
It's speculated that the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus, both written in the 4th Century
are those Bibles.
Pope Damasus I commissioned the Latin Vulgate circa 383, and approved the books listed as considered legitimate
by the Council of Rome in 382. It wasn't until (St) Augustine called three synods on canonicity: the Synod of Hippo in 393, the Synod of Carthage in 397, and another in Carthage in 419 AD. that Church law that: "nothing shall be read in church under the name of the divine scriptures" except the Old Testament and the canonical books of the New Testament was established.

While true that the Roman Catholic Church left several books considered non canonical,
the Apocrypha out of the present Scriptures, the editing was done because the learned consensus
was that the authority and/or legitimacy of said books was in doubt.

However, many of the Apocryphal books as well as the Dead Sea scrolls and other
writings confirm that which is considered canon.

Christianity is based on Scripture. I didn't say dogma, that's a matter of interpretation
by a bunch of old coots in robes. Yeshua didn't like those dudes.
But He was a stickler for Authority and the law as per the Tanach.
Matter of fact, that's how He kept the adulterous woman from being stoned.
Everybody remembers when He said,"May he without sin cast the first stone"
but few people realize that the law said one needed a witness in order to condemn and stone somebody,
but nobody came forward since they'd have to ante up to their own sin.

I noticed also how one moderator likes it when my post correcting my brother get readily dismissed
or challenged..
LOL. Rather you should like my correction of my brother Arthur
for in doing so I edify and elevate him...for the Glory of our Lord.

God Bless you, @Arthur, @MrScaryZ, and all those others here who thirst
and hunger in your hearts for the Spirit.

Regards.
Opus Dei
Hazy :cool:

PS. Vape on :)
Yep well I just got learnt haha

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps I should add, for the understanding of those who think
my correction is or was in condemnation that such is not the case.
Rather it is from Agape for my brother that I share my humble ray of light.
That we may all shine brightly together in His Glory.

I don't presume to judge for who am I to judge?
That's not my job, man. I'm just a vaper vaping in back of the buzz
But it is my duty to shine a light
and give my brother a hand when he stumbles in the darkness.

Regards,
Hazy - Back in the woodwork...:cool:

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O Mary, my Mother and my Lady, I offer you my soul, my body, my life and my death, and all that will follow it. I place everything in your hands. O my Mother, cover my soul with your virginal mantle and grant me the grace of purity of heart, soul and body. Defend me with your power against all enemies, and especially against those who hide their malice behind the mask of virtue (79). Fortify my soul that pain will not break it. Mother of grace, teach me to live by God’s power

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, be the ruler of my heart and thoughts, be the king of my home and relationships, and be the master of my work and service. Help me to make good use of the gifts, talents, time, and resources you give me for your glory and your kingdom."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. (1 John 4:18)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant Or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; It does not rejnjoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! (Psalms 20:1)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Lord Jesus, rouse my spirit to the truth that this world is passing away. Give me a lively faith, a joyful hope, and a fervent love to see you face to face when you return in glory."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, give me the child-like simplicity and purity of faith to gaze upon your face with joy and confidence in your all-merciful love. Remove every doubt, fear, and proud thought which would hinder me from receiving your word with trust and humble submission."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, you are my Rock and my Refuge. Help me to conform my life according to your word that I may stand firm in times of trouble and find hope in your promises."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heavenly Father, you offer us abundant grace, mercy, and forgiveness through your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. Help me to live a grace-filled life as Mary did by believing in your promises and by giving you my unqualified "yes" to your will and to your plan for my life."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking the same time to end it

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take care all! Last post

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You shouldn't give up in the time we live in. No matter if 3yrs from now someone is searching and finds this thread and you are the only one in it. If it saves 1 soul and brings a child of christ home wasn't it worth it? I read every post just now and though I am a believer in the one true christ it lifted my spirit to see defenders of the faith gathered together for the same purpose. I need prayers as my coolfire 4 decided to short out and die from my mutation v4 leaking into it and was my only setup. Wrong time of year for this crap to happen.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus, you are gracious and forgiving towards us. Renew in me the gift of faith that I may believe your promises and obey your word."

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lord Jesus, you are gracious and forgiving towards us. Renew in me the gift of faith that I may believe your promises and obey your word."

Welcome back arthur. God bless

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord our God, with the birth of your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, your glory breaks on the world. As we celebrate his first coming, give us a foretaste of the joy that you will grant us when the fulness of his glory has filled the

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heal our wounds - our strength renew;
On our dryness pour Your dew;
Wash the stains of guilt away:

Bend the stubborn heart and will;
Melt the frozen, warm the chill;
Guide the steps that go astray.

You, on those who evermore
You confess and You adore,
In Your sevenfold gifts, descend:

Give them comfort when they die;
Give them life with You on high;
Give them joys which never end.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We can find no greater proof of God's love for us than the willing sacrifice of his Son on the cross. Jesus' parting words, "It is finished!" express triumph rather than defeat. Jesus bowed his head and gave up his spirit knowing that the strife was now over and the battle was won. Even on the cross Jesus knew the joy of victory. What the Father sent him into the world to do has now been accomplished. Christ offered himself without blemish to God and he put away sin by the sacrifice of himself

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord Jesus Christ, you have triumphed over the grave and you have won for us new life and resurrection power. Give me the eyes of faith to see you in your glory. Help me to draw near to you and to grow in the knowledge of your great love for us and your great victory over sin and death."

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus help me, your servant whom you have redeemed by your
Precious Blood.
In every need let me come to you with humble trust saying
Jesus help me
In all my doubts, perplexities and temptations
Jesus help me
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trial
Jesus help me
In the failure of my plans and hopes
Jesus help me
In disappointments, troubles and sorrows
Jesus help me
When I throw myself on your tender love as a Father and a Saviour
Jesus help me
When I feel impatient and my cross is heavy
Jesus help me
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot do their work
Jesus help me
Always, always, in joys or sorrows, in falls and short-comings
Jesus help me and never forsake me. Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one New Years wish in this thread.. @Arthur Please explain to me Ezekiel 1
all of it ..

Thanks

It's a story bout a man named Zek poor mountaineer barley kept his family feed then one day when shooting at a raccoon up from the ground came a bubbleing crude ! Next thing ya know old Zeks a millionaire! Kinfolk said Zek move away from there !
That my friend is it in a nutshell ! God bless ! Live long and prosper. And make America great !

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a story bout a man named Zek poor mountaineer barley kept his family feed then one day when shooting at a raccoon up from the ground came a bubbleing crude ! Next thing ya know old Zeks a millionaire! Kinfolk said Zek move away from there !
That my friend is it in a nutshell ! God bless ! Live long and prosper. And make America great !

Hey Art how bout you offer up a prayer for our new President and the nations's future. you can start us off and we can come in at the chorus.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Art how bout you offer up a prayer for our new President and the nations's future. you can start us off and we can come in at the chorus.

God our Father,
Giver of life,
we entrust the United States of America to Your loving
care.

You are the rock on which this nation was founded.
You alone are the true source of our cherished rights to
life,
liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Reclaim this land for Your glory and dwell among Your
people.

Send Your Spirit to touch the hearts of our nation's
leaders.
Open their minds to the great worth of human life
and the responsibilities that accompany human freedom.
Remind Your people that true happiness is rooted in
seeking
and doing Your will.

Through the intercession of Mary Immaculate,
Patroness of our land,
grant us the courage to reject the "culture of death".
Lead us into a new millennium of life.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
never mind, not gonna ruin this thread

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was serious!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was serious!

God is the lord of heaven and Earth , the judgment of people were the result of their sin .
Seek the lord in times of darkness, the silence let's us examine our actions and brings us in alignment with Gods will .
Not all news is good news you may not want to hear it but it's for your own good .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God is the lord of heaven and Earth , the judgment of people were the result of their sin .
Seek the lord in times of darkness, the silence let's us examine our actions and brings us in alignment with Gods will .
Not all news is good news you may not want to hear it but it's for your own good .

@Arthur
Now you know the truth of this that is why you did not give a statement is one of several that is ignored by all Ministers you are telling me that the following passage has anything to do with your reply.

In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians.a]">[a] There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty,b]">[b] like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
Elijah-Heaven.jpg

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm no preacher scary I just threw a prayer out for the new year . For those who it may help . I m not looking to convert anyone or ask anyone to believe what I believe . I know people have many different beliefs which I respect . I know by posting something religious people think your claiming your a preacher or scholar ,I'm neither just was throwing out a prayer for others who may believe as me that's all if you really want a scholar talk to my buddy @Hazeyshades dude knows his stuff took me to school and was ever thankful . Is it all a holy fairy tail? I don't know but I think Jesus had a good message to try to live by . I've been in some dark places it has helped me . Was it God or dumb luck? I like to think God . But that's me everyone is different

VU Sponsors