Become a Patron!

Pre built coil ohm for RDA on alien 220w need help please :)

I’m new to vaping and I tried searching high and low for the answer to this question but couldn’t find any.

I have a smok alien 220w and I purchased an RDA (decided to go with the dead rabbit.)
I got all my supplies like ohm meter, tools, battery charger, cotton all the good stuff.
The one bit I’m a tad confused on is the ohms. I will be buying pre built coils for the time being just because I’m new and baby steps lol. The coils I were looking at were the .2 ohm Clapton coils.
Is that the correct ohms? It’s a bit confusing since there’s so many like .12, .13, .15 etc etc.
so is 0.2 pre built coils sufficient for my mod? If not what ohm do you recommend? Currently I’m using the .4 coil in my baby beast tank.

Any help is so appreciated since I am a newbie vaper but I’m trying to learn as much as I can.
Thanks everyone

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If it's .2 for 1 coil, then a dual coil build would be .2 / 2 = .1ish, which could be too low for Alien's .1-3.0 range for non TC.

Link your coils

I’m having the same issue. I did the coils the vape shop told me to do. Still reading ohms too low. I even tried a single coil and its still reading ohms too low.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors