Become a Patron!

Pre made Coils?

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been using my Crown and Crown 2 forever. A buddy of mine told me the best is Kaos Erebus 30mm. I have no idea about building coils. Do they make pre made to order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I was referring to one already made and the cotton. Just have to connect it, wick, and Vape. Haven't found one like that yet

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Then yeah, no one makes stuff like that. Personally, if you're actually interested in getting into rebuildables, you should look into RDAs as they're a great learning platform in how to make coils & how to wick. And when you finally nail it, it's a very visceral feeling as it's a great vape

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is that even pre made coils need to be adjusted and hotspots need to be fixed and having them already come with cotton makes that impossible.
So even though they exist, using pre wicked coils is not a good idea.
There are many options for pre made coils, but you'll still have to learn how to install, fix and wick them properly.

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea if your going to use an RDA you need to learn to build. There are no plug and play RDAs

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Doesn't Kanger's Dripbox come with something like this? I think you can unscrew the RDA base and simply screw in another with the coils already wicked and in place. Or you can rework and/or rebuild the base yourself.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't Kanger's Dripbox come with something like this? I think you can unscrew the RDA base and simply screw in another with the coils already wicked and in place. Or you can rework and/or rebuild the base yourself.

Well Kanger's RDA is crap.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The new Limitless Combo RDTA...If you buy the RDA Kit and use the Premade coils you can have a RDA that takes premade coils....but thats really a expensive way for less effort....Its not difficult to buy a RDA and some premade coils and install them, there are MANY videos on youtube that make it much easier then you think...

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am pretty sure he is looking for a premade coil that will work in any rda not a specific rda you can change crappy pre made coils in..might be wrong, but thats what i got out of what he said.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, that's what I got out of it. Closest he could get is premade coils & something like those precut wicks

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm just having problems getting the thing to wick because every hits tastes bad on my RTA I bought.

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did you try not using so much wick? I had a friend that was doing that when he started...remember it swells when you put juice in it...
did you pre burn the coil to see if it had a hot spot? a lot of claptons and other multi wire coils need to have hot spots worked out before you can use it.

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm making my own coils. How do you work them out? Strum across them? I wasn't putting enough cotton and it was dumping out the vents. Next it wasn't leaking, but no bubbles coming up like its wicking

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh its a tank....try using less wicking i bet your chocking it off...i use a few 30mm tanks and i have had that issue

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea they can be a pain to get the wicking right especially 30mm tanks

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A buddy told me to get the Kaos Erebus 30mm so I bought it. I've always used my Crown and Crown 2 tanks. I just need to get an RDA

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
try to just get the wicks barley into the well..you dont want the whole well stuffed with wick or it chokes but you need enough to stop the juice from over flowing...also make sure no cotton is running into the air holes..even 1 fiber will make it leak

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's just so complicated and so much work lol. I think I need an RDA to totally learn coil building first.

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
other than that..i feel your pain..some of those tanks can be finicky and being your first rta its gonna be even more of a pain. try looking through you tube vids on wicking similar tanks..i didnt see any on that tank but i am sure there is something out there similar...this is what i do on my 25 griffinwicking.jpg

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know that's the problem. I can't find any videos to help on that tank. I don't know why

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for that btw. It helps that I can see it like that.

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just so complicated and so much work lol. I think I need an RDA to totally learn coil building first.

yea..there are a lot of beginer coil building vids out tehre...if you play with it you will get it right eventually...i have faith! Maybe by a cheapy rda at your vape shop

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just enough cotton to stop juice from coming up but not so much it blocks it from soaking, then make sure none of the cotton is over or in the airways

tooler82

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
d966ea4ac9f46691e49946d7db6af898.jpg

That's what I had but I know it's too much after seeing your's for sure lol

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that build eck is identical to the vcmt...lemme dick mine out and show you how i did mine
its also the leakiest tank ever FYI

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the first thing i did was flip that juice flow ring over...pics incoming

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so this dirty and its been sitting for a few months but you should get the idea......vcmt 1.jpg vcmt2.jpg vcmt2.jpg

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also on the farest corner from the air flow hole find something very small and make a holes in that corner of your wick so air can pass...on everyvcmt2wick.jpg wick well

VU Sponsors