Become a Patron!

Prebuilt Clapton Coil

I bought 10 pieces of Prebuilt Clapton Wires on my local vape store because I just bought this tube type mod. I built it on the atomizer without checking the resistance and all that. The vape works just fine and I'm having no issues whatsoever. Is it safe? Cause I don't want my vape exploding.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea man, you have to know what you are doing with mech's. Do you even have an ohm meter to check them? If not, did they tell you what ohm the coils where?

What RDA are you using?

Also, if you put 2 coils in, that cuts the ohm in half. Ex, if you put two, 1.0 ohm coils in, then it would be a .5 ohm build.

What batteries are you using?

These things are all fundamental in mech saftey man. You cant just wing it and hope for the best.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
62920142008105.jpg

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bought 10 pieces of Prebuilt Clapton Wires on my local vape store because I just bought this tube type mod. I built it on the atomizer without checking the resistance and all that. The vape works just fine and I'm having no issues whatsoever. Is it safe? Cause I don't want my vape exploding.

Let me ask this rhetorical question.

Would you jump off a cliff if a shop vendor was selling tickets to the "Greatest Thrill Ride Ever", seeing it was just cliff jump with no safety equipment or parachutes, nor any certification and licensing to be hosting such a joy ride? <--- The term buyer beware is aptly put in your situation and this rhetorical hypothetical. Its called do your research, in other words think for yourself, for you are ultimately the only one responsible for your own safety, quit being a "Sheeple" and quit playing follow the leader, just because you seen Joey Ray or your buddy doing and having no problem.

Simple Cardinal Rules of running a mech

1) Know your "Ohm's Law" which is just a simple algebra equation Highest Battery Voltage/Coil Resistance (ohms)=how many amps max that build will pull from the battery, fresh charge of a battery is 4.2v, already know half the equation right there, heck you have a phone which has a calculator app, use it or download an ohms law calculator
2) Never just throw a build on an RDA for a mech without reading the resistance first, this goes hand in hand with number 1 above, so essential gear here, a decent Ohm reader, or a decent Digital Multi-Meter with aligator clips
3) Make sure you have the proper batteries and inspect their condition regularly, and wraps nicked, torn, any swelling, denting, all it takes is just barely the diameter of a human hair and you can be in trouble, literally, I suggest LG HB2, HB4, and HB6 model batteries, being they are 30amp CDR rated and tested, though low mah, nothing matches the thump an HB6 has in a mech, nor the safety that the HB series has, especially the HB6 being the coolest (thermal properties) running battery on the market at high amp draw.

Failure to follow those simplest of vehicle operation (mech mod) rule, could lead to potential disaster, in such case of stated disaster, contestant could win
1) Venting a battery, shooting their RDA toward them resulting thermal and chemical burns, as well as serious wounds, missing teeth, breaking a jaw, list is long here
2) Venting a battery and if no gasses from the battery can escape the mod tube, could lead to a potential hand grenade
3) Venting of the battery reaches thermal run-away, resulting in a mod becoming a missle or roman candle
4) Venting a battery which reaches a thermal run-away, resulting in massive burns to hands

All such prizes will win you a trip to the local Emergency Room, which costs far more money than the free time it takes to do your research properly

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let me ask this rhetorical question.

Would you jump off a cliff if a shop vendor was selling tickets to the "Greatest Thrill Ride Ever", seeing it was just cliff jump with no safety equipment or parachutes, nor any certification and licensing to be hosting such a joy ride? <--- The term buyer beware is aptly put in your situation and this rhetorical hypothetical. Its called do your research, in other words think for yourself, for you are ultimately the only one responsible for your own safety, quit being a "Sheeple" and quit playing follow the leader, just because you seen Joey Ray or your buddy doing and having no problem.

Simple Cardinal Rules of running a mech

1) Know your "Ohm's Law" which is just a simple algebra equation Highest Battery Voltage/Coil Resistance (ohms)=how many amps max that build will pull from the battery, fresh charge of a battery is 4.2v, already know half the equation right there, heck you have a phone which has a calculator app, use it or download an ohms law calculator
2) Never just throw a build on an RDA for a mech without reading the resistance first, this goes hand in hand with number 1 above, so essential gear here, a decent Ohm reader, or a decent Digital Multi-Meter with aligator clips
3) Make sure you have the proper batteries and inspect their condition regularly, and wraps nicked, torn, any swelling, denting, all it takes is just barely the diameter of a human hair and you can be in trouble, literally, I suggest LG HB2, HB4, and HB6 model batteries, being they are 30amp CDR rated and tested, though low mah, nothing matches the thump an HB6 has in a mech, nor the safety that the HB series has, especially the HB6 being the coolest (thermal properties) running battery on the market at high amp draw.

Failure to follow those simplest of vehicle operation (mech mod) rule, could lead to potential disaster, in such case of stated disaster, contestant could win
1) Venting a battery, shooting their RDA toward them resulting thermal and chemical burns, as well as serious wounds, missing teeth, breaking a jaw, list is long here
2) Venting a battery and if no gasses from the battery can escape the mod tube, could lead to a potential hand grenade
3) Venting of the battery reaches thermal run-away, resulting in a mod becoming a missle or roman candle
4) Venting a battery which reaches a thermal run-away, resulting in massive burns to hands

All such prizes will win you a trip to the local Emergency Room, which costs far more money than the free time it takes to do your research properly
^^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^^^^

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that-makes-no-sense-35.jpg

VU Sponsors