Become a Patron!

Precision screw driver set/ tools needed

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Didn't know this, there is a Kroger every where and in the very extremely limited tool section they have a pretty damn good cheap set of precision screw drivers for 3.50. that's unbeatable. I prefer quality but on things I use to vape I'm not about to pay fucking 80 bucks for a drill that's used to coil. That is considered ultra light use. A home drill used for home repair would get abused more.

Drill.. I am an ex Jack of all trades kind of home remodeler. I know that drills like DeWalt, rigid etc. Are good because there commercial grade tools. I highly doubt I need commercial quality tools for wrapping wire builds. Can any one chime in as to the cheapest drill that work. I found one for 18 bucks at Walmart. Any help would be very much appreciated. I need wire sizes too. Just something to start building Staples, and FC.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, you aren't going to be using it to screw steel beams together.. just spin a few inches of wire. I think I paid about $25 for my Black and Decker. Just a home use drill will be more than enough to do the job. I would google brand names a bit though. Some brands are cheap and crap, some are cheap but still a fairly good brand.

Also, the precision screwdrivers from the Dollar Store work just fine. Although, I actually use a coil jig to wrap the coils.

Wire sizes are more of what you prefer. Dual coils? Single core? Dual or triple core? How long do you want to vape on a battery charge? All these things figure in to planning your coil build. I find, personally, I use more 24 and 26 ga core wire. I do have some 20ga Kanthal, but that is for cloud builds.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Being a home remodeler, perhaps you would be better off getting a really decent drill. One that is going to last you for a lifetime?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Walmart, sportsmen's warehouse and harbor freight are your freinds

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Being a home remodeler, perhaps you would be better off getting a really decent drill. One that is going to last you for a lifetime?
Not anymore, I'm battling a mental disability currently. I'm doing allot better now but am going to college spring, and fighting for my disability.

I don't need a DeWalt, black and Decker or some off brand will be ok.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With something like Precision Screwdrivers that is where paying for a quality tool really pays for itself when it doesn't strip out the cheap ass tiny fasteners or the tip breaks off trying to loosen one that was tightened and got e-Liquid caramelized in the threads and is tight as a bastard. Buying cheap you get what you pay for. Being an X Auto Tech and a person who does everything it was ingrained in my head before my teens ........ .

The right tool for the right job.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But also a Tool is only as good as the hands using it..................

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Go with that Walmart Hyper Tough, plenty decent to spin some wire and then some, actually not a bad drill at all for the price. Also the 1.50$ Hyper tough screwdriver set for wrapping, the biggun’ is 3mm;)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
With something like Precision Screwdrivers that is where paying for a quality tool really pays for itself when it doesn't strip out the cheap ass tiny fasteners or the tip breaks off trying to loosen one that was tightened and got e-Liquid caramelized in the threads and is tight as a bastard. Buying cheap you get what you pay for. Being an X Auto Tech and a person who does everything it was ingrained in my head before my teens ........ .

The right tool for the right job.
No doubt, I agree. For the most part. I just don't think I need a DeWalt. That's all I was saying. Coil building is about as light of use as you could possibly use a drill for. If you break it most likely user error or factory defect.

The tool is only as good as the person using it, and, a good Craftsman never blames his tools.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The screwdrivers (or drill bits) are for wrapping the coil if you don't have a coil jig. The atomizers come with their own tool. Either little blue screwdriver or hex wrench. No need to purchase for that. Besides, if the grub screw does become locked, it is more likely to strip regardless. Heat the post hole with a lighter.. problem solved.

VU Sponsors