Become a Patron!

Predator 228??

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking to get a new mod after the Alien died:mad:. My local BM has the Predator 228, Kaos and Aegis all which look and feel similar the the Alien, however the Predator is like $50 compares to $70 or so for the others.
Any advice? Alot of people have recommended the Battlestar as well, it just may be a little bulky for me is my only concern.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Predator = Wismec. 'Nuff said...

EDIT: To be precise, this mod is a known piece of crap: the 510 socket isn't worth jack squat.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stay away from Wismec I have 2 dead Predator mods both dead under 6 months old the wire melted in one of them and these mods were treated right.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a Battlestar and Kaos. Battlestar better overall, but the Kaos is more suited for high wattage. I use Kaos for tfv8 due to longer battery life.

Mods like the Revenger and Speeder seem to be getting good feedback. Asmodus has its fans....

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive decided against the Predator.
Kaos is very possible choice though, not a fan of my wifes revenger.
Also considering the eleaf ikkon 220?
And for some reason i really want the Aegis, but not sure about the single battery.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it have to be from your local shop or can you buy online ?

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Be aware that Joyetech, eLeaf & Wismec are all the same company. Boards you find in the Predators will be used in the iKonn. I'm not sure of other parts but I suspect they too are common to many in the family. I bought an Alien kit and about 2 months later I bought the Predator mod. I've been using both daily. My Predator has died first although it's 2 months newer. The Alien is still going strong. The Predator is only four or five months old and it's giving bad ohm readings and atomizer short warnings with all of my tanks.
I bought a Joyetech AIO Pro C and it was crap from day one. It spit like a camel with every coil.
I bought an eLeaf Pico Dual mod and within two weeks the battery door wouldn't stay closed.
I won't be buying any of those three company's products ever again. They're just crap.

Last edited:

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Kaos Spectrum last week and so far satisfied. I actually liked the features of the Alien better, but the Kaos is ok, just nothing special.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just so you know my 2 Predators died under six months one melted the wiring and I was well in the limits of what Wismec says.....

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Kaos Spectrum last week and so far satisfied. I actually liked the features of the Alien better, but the Kaos is ok, just nothing special.
I was thinking of the Kaos myself but my RTA'S just look tiny on mods like that so I tend to go for bigger mods.
I think the G-Priv is more reliable than the alien if you ever decide on another smok mod. It's better built, same chip so will perform the same. Alot of people think touchscreens are gimmicky but I love mine. It's outlasted all of my regulated mods. Mechs is another story, they just last forever

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I must have been lucky and got one of the few good ones. Mine is still working fine and no 510 issues, of course now that I've written this, it will crap out on me. o_O

You’re just gentle, it’s not a some do it some don’t type of thing. One good knock and they all break

VU Sponsors