Become a Patron!

Preference between Samsung 25r and LG hg2?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's a better battery between the two? I was going to get Samsung 25r batteries, but came across the LG hg2? Thoughts?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What's a better battery between the two? I was going to get Samsung 25r batteries, but came across the LG hg2? Thoughts?
I have LG h2 and Samsung 30q. They are practically the same. The 25r should also be good but has less capacity then the h2

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have LG h2 and Samsung 30q. They are practically the same. The 25r should also be good but has less capacity then the h2

I noticed that as well, some have said the Samsung's always hold true to their max current ratings, are Samsung batteries more reliable than LG cells? Or is that more preference?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I noticed that as well, some have said the Samsung's always hold true to their max current ratings, are Samsung batteries more reliable than LG cells? Or is that more preference?
They are both equal. If you want longer lasting ones get the h2 or 30q. Can't go wrong with either.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are both equal. If you want longer lasting ones get the h2 or 30q. Can't go wrong with either.

Cool thanks! When my rx200s comes in, I'll check my cash and see which I'll start with, gonna be ordering from www.liionwholesale.com most likely because a lot of members vouched for them and said their batteries are genuine! Thanks!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's a good site. As is ilumn.com I ordered a pair of h2 and 30q from there 4 batteries total for 30 bucks including shipping

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good site. As is ilumn.com I ordered a pair of h2 and 30q from there 4 batteries total for 30 bucks including shipping

We're talking about the LG HG2 right? Just to be sure. Also, is it bad to run batteries at their amp limit? Or should I undershoot it a bit for safety?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
We're talking about the LG HG2 right? Just to be sure. Also, is it bad to run batteries at their amp limit? Or should I undershoot it a bit for safety?
Yeah lg hg2. See this chart and undershoot
e0591059ba421adf7b3a8a2c042b1c31.jpg

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Though I have quite a few 25Rs and rarely use them anymore.
I use 30Qs for my all day vape, and 20Rs for heavy duty.
From what I understand and from the tests done, my 30Qs are just as good as the HG2s so no point getting both.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LG HG2's work great for me.
Cool! I'll probably get me some HG2s! Quick side question, how do you know when a battery is getting to old and starting to die out, does it just deplete fast? Or not charge to a full 4.2v?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool! I'll probably get me some HG2s! Quick side question, how do you know when a battery is getting to old and starting to die out, does it just deplete fast? Or not charge to a full 4.2v?
They still charge to 4.2 but loose capacity.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So just start to die faster? You would notice in this case if they die more easily than when they were new?
Pretty much. any good battery should last at least a year or 2 though, but the older they get, the quicker they die

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm sure you've noticed with cell phones and other stuff with li-ion rechargeable batteries after a couple years you just don't have the same battery life you had when it's new. It's the same thing with these, just a very slow drop in battery life. You can keep using them though.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure you've noticed with cell phones and other stuff with li-ion rechargeable batteries after a couple years you just don't have the same battery life you had when it's new. It's the same thing with these, just a very slow drop in battery life. You can keep using them though.
Thanks! Are all batteries from liionwholesale genuine batteries? I'm sure they are, but I gotta ask.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I used to own a pair of LG HG2s for vaping the Original Sigelei Fuchai regulated box mod at 110W max with a TFV4 tank on top, which I still use as my main tank, however I dropped them on hard tile from 6 feet in the air so I just disposed of them to be safe. They used to get hot after taking 3 or 4 big vapes in less than one minute. I'm a bit of a chain vaper since I use only 3mg nicotine and am planning to buy 0mg nicotine next time, but I smoke cigars now a few times daily since my new line of work has me obligated to join my boss in a scotch and Nicaraguan strong bodied Alec Bradley or other fancy schmancy cigar a few times per week during one on one business conversations. However it is much better than inhaling 20 or more of Philip Morris' Marlboro Red poison sticks which I had been doing from age 15 to age 26. Now at 28 I'm into expensive cigars to satisfy nicotine cravings which is bad for my mouth and throat but I'm only human. Vaping saved me from continuing Marlboros and I'll eventually cut back on the cigars since I'm getting tired of the novelty.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

While this is true one thing that differs about batteries in cell phones, laptops, etc. is they are engineered solutions and both charging and discharging is closely monitored to optimize battery life and safety. With bare, unprotected cells we can only control charging. Some regulated box mods have incorporated features that allow for overdischarge protection. With unregulated devices this is up to the end user. Battery capacity drops faster with deeper discharge cycles as well as long pulls at higher amps, etc. And even so that most cells can indeed pulse much higher (Samsung 25R "100A" pulse) doing so frequently will greatly shorten the life of the cell. Think of it like drag racing. Those engines are built for bursts of max power and need to be torn down very frequently. Sometimes after just one run! An 18650 pushing .08Ω builds in cloud comps isn't going to have a long life! ;)

But overall if we obey the limits published by the (honest) manufacturers and rewrappers, we can have a safe, enjoyable vaping experience and not have to worry about power cells.

BTW I have bought cells from your store in bulk and I am satisfied with the quality, shipping speed, and price! Packaging and contents labeling is spot on and meets shipping regulations unlike some of the other suppliers out there. I will be ordering more for sure.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
While this is true one thing that differs about batteries in cell phones, laptops, etc. is they are engineered solutions and both charging and discharging is closely monitored to optimize battery life and safety. With bare, unprotected cells we can only control charging. Some regulated box mods have incorporated features that allow for overdischarge protection. With unregulated devices this is up to the end user. Battery capacity drops faster with deeper discharge cycles as well as long pulls at higher amps, etc. And even so that most cells can indeed pulse much higher (Samsung 25R "100A" pulse) doing so frequently will greatly shorten the life of the cell. Think of it like drag racing. Those engines are built for bursts of max power and need to be torn down very frequently. Sometimes after just one run! An 18650 pushing .08Ω builds in cloud comps isn't going to have a long life! ;)

But overall if we obey the limits published by the (honest) manufacturers and rewrappers, we can have a safe, enjoyable vaping experience and not have to worry about power cells.

BTW I have bought cells from your store in bulk and I am satisfied with the quality, shipping speed, and price! Packaging and contents labeling is spot on and meets shipping regulations unlike some of the other suppliers out there. I will be ordering more for sure.

Agreed! The harder you use the batteries, the faster this process happens. Good point. And thanks for the comments.

VU Sponsors