Premade ejuice from vendors - Proper Storage

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been storing my ejuice in the fridge. Lately I've noticed the max vg that I always order is looking like 80/20vg. It looks and tastes quite different. The liquid is thin, flavor is .... well, skanky? The flavors are there but not at all like the original flavors I've come to love.

As most of you know, I have a dining room table full of eliquid. The photo was taken a year ago and I've since accumulated more since I know what appeals to my pallet.

What is proper storage for pre-made eliquid? Either old or new.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been storing my ejuice in the fridge. Lately I've noticed the max vg that I always order is looking like 80/20vg. It looks and tastes quite different. The liquid is thin, flavor is .... well, skanky? The flavors are there but not at all like the original flavors I've come to love.

As most of you know, I have a dining room table full of eliquid. The photo was taken a year ago and I've since accumulated more since I know what appeals to my pallet.

What is proper storage for pre-made eliquid? Either old or new.
The frig is probably the best, cold and dark, although I'm not sure if those light bulbs really turn off with the door closed.....:)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That was my impression. My fridge does turn out the lights. That were I keep gallons of nic in the freezer. I've kept all of my eliquid in the bottom 2 drawers that are dark tinted. The fact that they are thinning has me quite concerned. I'm wondering if I should keep them at room temp in a drawer (which I do keep my current rotation plus others). They seem fine. I would be quite upset for the most recent flavors I've purchased and stored in the fridge turning from 20/80v to 80/20v. I've taken all of them out of the fridge about 2-3 months ago. They're still sitting at room temp.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have better luck with the frig. Seems like any store bought juice goes to hell in about 6-8 months regardless of where it's located. That nonsense of juice lasting a year or more is nonsense. I DIY now, but juice I've had for more than 8 months is worthy of the trash can.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have better luck with the frig. Seems like any store bought juice goes to hell in about 6-8 months regardless of where it's located. That nonsense of juice lasting a year or more is nonsense. I DIY now, but juice I've had for more than 8 months is worthy of the trash can.

The age of the juice is another concern. About 75% of my juice is a year old. I'll toss the 30-60ml that look more like PG. If there are still some that look like the VG ratio is still in tact, toss it also? Would the nic level be compromised even though it appears fine? I have so much of the older stuff. I'd like to clean house.

The one thing I've yet to do is learn DIY. I have all of bases in the freezer and a good collection of flavors in the fridge. I hope they will be alright. I've had the flavors for a year or so. Thanks for chiming in, Inspects.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It may be thinning because of condensation. I keep mine in some old wooden ammo boxes and in the basement where it stays cool.
I have had some juices in them for a year and none I have tried tasted bad. The pastry ones seemed to thicken but I just put 10% distilled water in them and they are fine. I only use sub ohm tanks with pre made coils. A friend told me if I used an RDA/RTA they would taste like shit but I don't see how that would make a difference.

VU Sponsors