Become a Patron!

premade fused staggered claptons

Shortfuse12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok so i just bought some premade coils called demon killer violent coils its suppose to be rated at .3 ohms. but on my alien mod its reading it at .181ohms on a petri v1 tank i'm also vaping it @ 35w to 40w. should i be concerned with this? and is this safe even its reading it wrong?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok so i just bought some premade coils called demon killer violent coils its suppose to be rated at .3 ohms. but on my alien mod its reading it at .181ohms on a petri v1 tank i'm also vaping it @ 35w to 40w. should i be concerned with this? and is this safe even its reading it wrong?
Dual coils?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, doing a quick google search leads to a multi-coil kit at anything from .25ohm to .35ohm coils. I can't find any of their coils built at .18ohms --- so, are we to assume you are running a dual coil deck, with two coils in it? If two coils the total resistance is split in half. So, that would give you the 0.18ohm reading.

** PLEASE ** Make sure you have a proper MOD that can support this low of OHMs and proper batteries to support this setup.
Steam-Engine :: Battery Drain / Sizing Calculator :: http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your using dual coils, the reading is close enough.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40W is very low for those coils.
Dual 0.3 coils should come to around 0.15

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Corrected: You should at least give them the wattage where the vape is what you want and like.

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Corrected: but not more than the amp limit of your batteries can handle :)

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the Demon Killer alien V2's for about 5 months at .18ohms & 51.2 watts on my Sigelei 213 (103 degrees Celsius or 219.1 Fahrenheit) in TC mode. I would advice you to preheat them slower than regular Clapton's before wicking, and slowly increase your wattage while vaping.

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in 51.2 is the .2 that makes all that difference!!

jus say'n

nah for real after 30 or so whats they should stop bothering with decimals!

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in 51.2 is the .2 that makes all that difference!!

jus say'n

nah for real after 30 or so whats they should stop bothering with decimals!
No because that 1 decimal could be the difference between more or less flavor, or clouds. Celsius is more accurate for TC on a lot of the new mods(1 increments in celcius) compared to Fahrenheit( 5 increments Fahrenheit), but it's a matter of one opinion, likes and dislikes, and knowing how to use TC :deadhorse:

VU Sponsors