Become a Patron!

Premade RDA coils make me sick.

So I have been noticing something wrong with my vaps. If I use a premade coil in my RTA, Dead Rabbit, I start to feel really bad. My throat hurts and I can not stop coughing. Does not matter what ohm or brand I use. If I make my own it is just fine. And now it is even doing it with the mesh coils I got for my new Profile. Again if I cut it out of a spoil and make a coil everything it fine but if I buy a pack of premades I start getting sick again. Does anyone know why this happens?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you preheating the coils before wicking. Could be machine oil. Could be the type of metal used for the coil also. Can you give us what coils your using pre-made and spool wrapped. Like composition of the materials

I thought that was it as well so I made sure to burn and wash them off before wickin . Still the same results. For the Dead Rabbit I was buying Coil Art Staggered Fused Clapton coils, really liked the taste. The wire I use to make my own is 24 gage kanthal from Vandy vape. The mesh prebuilt it nexmesh. The spoil I build off of is Vandy Vape kanthal mesh.
Are you preheating the coils before wicking. Could be machine oil. Could be the type of metal used for the coil also. Can you give us what coils your using pre-made and spool wrapped. Like composition of the materials

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe you've sensitivity to NiChrome/Stainless Steel and the pre-made uses that? Not sure exactly what else would cause sickness off of wire, except possibly contaminates. You say you've cleaned them, eliminating that possibility.

Maybe you've sensitivity to NiChrome/Stainless Steel and the pre-made uses that? Not sure exactly what else would cause sickness off of wire, except possibly contaminates. You say you've cleaned them, eliminating that possibility.

That is possible. It was something I have just been wondering about and found really odd.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is possible. It was something I have just been wondering about and found really odd.

I agree it does seem odd. I know stainless steel for the longest time was considered hypo-allergenic. That still isn't saying no one doesn't have a reaction to it, only that most do not. I buy most of my wire, Kanthal, NiChrome, SS from TEMCo, not had any issues with sickness. Have some Pirate Coils & MKWS coils bought from Fast Tech, still no ill effects from those either. The MKWS ones are NiChrome 80, and the Pirate Coils are Kanthal.

I've gotten sinus issues but not from wire, rather from the C-Pap I use when I rack out.

I have had some run ins with blood poisoning from wire due to getting poked by it. That's the only serious problem I've had from wire, which is actually understandable. Poke yourself with anything you're bound to get bacteria of all kinds into yourself.

Not gotten nausea from wire though. Kind of disliking I've not as it might seem I'm rubbing it in, and i'm not. Also a bit sad I cannot offer more help not having gotten sick off wire.

VU Sponsors