Prime Pomegranate by Botboy141

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright guys, still apologizing here and for today, I'm going to do it in the form of one of my recipes that's being released in my signature line. Still working on a description, but easiest just to say that it is a well blended, creamy pomegranate with hints of banana and blueberry to accent. This DOES contain flavors that use acetoin (Banana Cream) and acetyl propionyl (Pomegranate Deluxe TFA).

5.5% TFA Banana Cream
7% TFA Pomegranate
2.5% TFA Blueberry Wild
2.25% TFA Pomegranate Deluxe
1% TFA Vanillin
2.85% Citric Acid (10% solution)

Mixed @ 40/60 this is simply delicious at a variety of power levels, although I like it best @ 40 watts in my dripper.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright guys, still apologizing here and for today, I'm going to do it in the form of one of my recipes that's being released in my signature line. Still working on a description, but easiest just to say that it is a well blended, creamy pomegranate with hints of banana and blueberry to accent. This DOES contain flavors that use acetoin (Banana Cream) and acetyl propionyl (Pomegranate Deluxe TFA).

5.5% TFA Banana Cream
7% TFA Pomegranate
2.5% TFA Blueberry Wild
2.25% TFA Pomegranate Deluxe
1% TFA Vanillin
2.85% Citric Acid (10% solution)

Mixed @ 40/60 this is simply delicious at a variety of power levels, although I like it best @ 40 watts in my dripper.

Cool Botboy!, so, in your opinion, is this a 10? And by Citric acid, I'm guessing it's not mailc acid right? Is this someting you buy at a walmart and dilute in PG?

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool Botboy!, so, in your opinion, is this a 10? And by Citric acid, I'm guessing it's not mailc acid right? Is this someting you buy at a walmart and dilute in PG?
Probably an 8 IMPO. It's just not complicated enough to be a 10.

Malic Acid and Citric Acid are different. The most noticable difference for me is that Citric Acid, unless terribly over used, doesn't mute flavors over time like Malic Acid does. It doesn't add the mouth feel though that others seem to notice from Malic Acid either. It really just helps the fruits to pop out at you a bit more.

Citric Acid can be sourced online from amazon (), Nude Nicotine (http://www.nudenicotine.com/product/citric-acid-solutions-5-15/) or at your local grocer, health food store, or local home brew shop. It's most commonly used in canning and is usually located by those products.

Mix 1/4tsp to 10ml of PG or 1g to 9g of PG (if you prefer weight methods). This should net you roughly a 10% solution.

It's also very useful for homemade sour candies. Think of sour gummy bears or sour worms, or sour patch kids. This in combination with sugar gives that sour taste. It's quite fun to set a little aside to randomly taste while working on your dilution in PG.

Some people suggest using heat to dilute in PG. I don't bother. I usually mix up 30ml at a time in a glass vial. I duct tape that vial to my sawsall and hit the trigger for about 90 seconds. Fully mixed and ready to rock and roll :).

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably an 8 IMPO. It's just not complicated enough to be a 10.

Citric Acid can be sourced online from amazon (), Nude Nicotine (http://www.nudenicotine.com/product/citric-acid-solutions-5-15/) or at your local grocer, health food store, or local home brew shop. It's most commonly used in canning and is usually located by those products.

Mix 1/4tsp to 10ml of PG or 1g to 9g of PG (if you prefer weight methods). This should net you roughly a 10% solution.
Thank you for the detailed answer, I was hovering around this but never got the chance to actually search how to mix it, I am going to go ahead and say that this is used to make the fruits pop right?

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the detailed answer, I was hovering around this but never got the chance to actually search how to mix it, I am going to go ahead and say that this is used to make the fruits pop right?
Added additional comments above regarding mixing and yes, it makes fruits pop :)

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, thanks, on a side note, I am buying something like THIS (not a new one! something used) to mix my stuff, I am lazy like that.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, thanks, on a side note, I am buying something like THIS (not a new one! something used) to mix my stuff, I am lazy like that.
Yeah that'll work :). I've thought about picking one up but haven't had the need yet. Sawsall ftw!

VU Sponsors