Become a Patron!

Prince Stick Kit - SMOK

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Stick Prince from Smok. The Stick Prince was supplied for the purpose of this review by Maggie from The Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smok-stick-p...17031.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc Stick Prince battery
1pc TFV12 Prince Tank
1pc V12 Prince-M4 0.17ohm Quadruple Coils(Pre-installed)
1pc V12 Prince-M4 0.17ohm Quadruple Coils
1pc USB Cable
1pc User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was met by a matching Purple TFV12 Prince with Purple Cobra drip tip and a matching Purple Stick Prince battery. I received the standard edition which comes with a bulged glass fitted which accounts for it's large capacity of 8ml, but there is also a TPD edition that comes with a 2ml straight glass. The airflow on the Prince comprises of 2 huge cyclops with stoppers. Overall the Prince looks and feels very well made and has the glossy paint finish Smok is known for. Both top and bottom sections of the Prince has matching Knurling which adds to the aesthetics and in my opinion the Prince is a very nice looking tank. The battery is a beast of a tube and has a large hexagonal fire button with surround for a light to shine through. Towards the bottom of the device (before we have knurling) there is a ring around the battery, the ring, surround around the fire button and the o-rings on the tank are in the same matching colour, which is different depending on what colour version you get. The bottom of the battery has protruding knurling which adds to the aesthetics has it matches the knurling on the tank but also makes the stick very stable while standing up. The Prince Stick has a spring loaded 510 with a good amount of travel so other tanks can be fitted to the device. On one side of the battery we have "SMOK" printed and a USB port and the opposite side "STICK PRINCE" is printed, finally moving to the base we have safety stamps and a central venting hole.

Prince Specs:

Material:Stainless Steel
Size: 28*63mm
Capacity: 8ml
Cobra drip tip
Adjustable bottom airflow
Top filling system
Patented Locking Mechanism
Thread: 510
Unit:1Set
Color:Rainbow/Gold/Red/Purple/Silver/Black/Blue/Green/White/Auto Pink/Navy Blue/Matte Black/Gun Metal

The Prince Tank

I have done a full review on the Prince Tank before so i will put the link but in that review i did say i was disappointed that the coil they did not include was the M4 0.17 which i thought would be right up my street and deliver the best flavour out of all the available coils. The coils with this kit includes 2 M4 0.17 coils and as expected in my opinion are far better than the coils included when you buy the Prince Tank separately. I will talk more about the included coils in the performance section of the review.

Link to full review:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv12-prince.371880/

Prince Stick Specs:

Size: 24.5 x 85mm
Voltage Range: 3.2-4.2V
Battery: 3000mAh
Battery cell type: 23600
3000mAh large battery capacity
Special hexagon power button
Carefully carved battery base
Intelligent LED indicator
Multiple protections
Colours: Multiple

Using the Stick Prince

The Stick Prince is a 3000mAh direct output device, with no settings or menu but does have various safety features which are, low resistance protection, low voltage protection, overvape protection (8 secs) and short circuit protection. 5 clicks turns the battery on and off then just fire to vape. I really can't find a lot wrong with this kit but one con it does have is lack of battery life indication, it flashes 4 times when you vape until it goes below 3.3 volts then it flashes 15 times. Smok describe this as intelligent LED indicator which tells you accurate state of your device (what a load of tripe).

Performance

Both tank and battery performed very well, The fire button is nice and clicky and the device fires instantly. The M4 0.17 coils gave both very good flavour and good cloud but when the battery is fresh it is firing over the recommended wattage for the coils. Despite this the coils stand up well and the wattage soon comes in range but if you are fitting a new coil with the battery fresh you will need to make sure it is completely saturated. The Prince tank can be used of course on other devices and other coils, some more suited for cloud chasers are available as well as an RBA. Just like the tank the Prince Stick can also be used with other tanks and will fire down to 0.1, just remember it's a direct output device so only use appropriate coils and builds so you don't fry your coils. The battery life is good for a stick device despite the Prince's coils producing quite high wattage. The device does take a while to charge but does allow you to vape while charging.

Conclusion

A high wattage, high performance stick kit, both tank and stick can be used independently but are an excellent match.

Pros

Nice looking
Great flavour
Good cloud
Matching stick and tank
8ml capacity
Other coils available
RBA available
Protruding base for stability
Spring loaded 510
Lock mechanism (see prince tank review)
Top fill
Vape while charging

Cons

lack (none really) battery status indication
Takes quite a long time to charge

I would once again like to thank Maggie from the Healthcabin for supplying the Stick Prince Kit for the purpose of this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors