Become a Patron!

Probably a stupid question

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I’m still learning the vaping world.

I have an aegis solo with a Cerberus tank. I was wondering if I could use a falcon king tank for my mod.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yes. Most any tank, RTA, RDTA, or RDA with a (male) 510 connector will go on any mod with a (female) 510 connector. Exception: Some atomizer devices may have short male 510 connectors and some mods insufficiently high center pins in their female 510 connectors, so the two may not work together. I doubt this would apply to an Aegis Solo and Falcon King, though.

That being said: Some atomizer systems require more power than some mods can supply. E.g.: A 40W mod and a dual-coil sub-ohm RDA probably wouldn't be a good match. And some tanks, being of a larger diameter, will overhang the edges of some mods, which is aesthetically displeasing.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
My dad uses the solo, he's tried a handful of sub-ohm tanks and RTA's with all of them working. I don't see any reason your falcon king wouldn't. I'd try it

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I’m still learning the vaping world.

I have an aegis solo with a Cerberus tank. I was wondering if I could use a falcon king tank for my mod.
Hmmm, I know I already answered that question for you. Guess it's never a bad idea to ask twice, I probably know nothing about vaping :rolleyes:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thank you everyone! I’ll try it out. With what you all said it should work fine. Just wanted to make sure first.

sorry @Theboss... you more than likely did already tell me but my memory sucks bad

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you everyone! I’ll try it out. With what you all said it should work fine. Just wanted to make sure first.

sorry @Theboss... you more than likely did already tell me but my memory sucks bad
NO! You absolutely cannot use them together. Send them to me so I can use them on their appropriate devices and go buy yourself new shit that was made for the purpose. Damn newbies.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::devil:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone! Y’all didn’t make me feel stupid. I hate to bring up ECF but I always got put down if I asked a question. I’m still learning and everyone was a beginner at one point.

Coyote628

ECF Refugee
If you havent used a mesh coil yet, i think you will be most impressed. I had a flacon, gave it to a friend when i got a new setup. The mesh coils have awesome flavor and last longer than wire coils.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
We all had "stupid questions" in the beginning. I was lost.
That makes me feel good. You all know SO much! And you all use the correct terminology. I’m sitting over here reading half the stuff on VU like, whhhhaaaa!? I know I’ll get there, I just hate being a noob with anything.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And u already know more than u r giving yourself credit 4.
Bah, I don’t believe that! Just the other day I walked into my local vape shop to buy a pack of coils. I asked for dual mesh coils because my coil says, mesh x2, so I thought that meant dual mesh. I felt like an idiot when they asked what tank I was using and I told them it’s a Cerberus. They gave me the correct pack of coils and explained the difference of dual mesh and mesh x2.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Bah, I don’t believe that! Just the other day I walked into my local vape shop to buy a pack of coils. I asked for dual mesh coils because my coil says, mesh x2, so I thought that meant dual mesh. I felt like an idiot when they asked what tank I was using and I told them it’s a Cerberus. They gave me the correct pack of coils and explained the difference of dual mesh and mesh x2.

Does it make you feel any better if I tell you I don't know that particular difference? Have never deliberately had a mesh coil, although one may have come with a tank that I'm using with an RBA, but I have certainly never bought replacement mesh coils.

Every time something new comes out and you begin using it, there is a little learning to do. Everyone should realize that.

Mesh, in the forms that it's mostly being used now, is a fairly new phenomenon in the wider vaping world, and people learned as they started to use it.

It's no biggie if any of us doesn't know everything. Frankly, none of us do.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Does it make you feel any better if I tell you I don't know that particular difference? Have never deliberately had a mesh coil, although one may have come with a tank that I'm using with an RBA, but I have certainly never bought replacement mesh coils.

Every time something new comes out and you begin using it, there is a little learning to do. Everyone should realize that.

Mesh, in the forms that it's mostly being used now, is a fairly new phenomenon in the wider vaping world, and people learned as they started to use it.

It's no biggie if any of us doesn't know everything. Frankly, none of us do.
That definitely makes me feel better. I love how everyone at the VU is helpful. The vaping world is definitely a learning process

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
They gave me the correct pack of coils and explained the difference of dual mesh and mesh x2.
Ok, so what is the difference between "dual mesh" and "mesh x2?"

As an aside: I've both a Falcon and two Falcon King tanks. The dual mesh Falcon coil is an "M2." The dual mesh Falcon King coil is an "M-Dual." And both tanks can use one another's coils.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, so what is the difference between "dual mesh" and "mesh x2?"

As an aside: I've both a Falcon and two Falcon King tanks. The dual mesh Falcon coil is an "M2." The dual mesh Falcon King coil is an "M-Dual." And both tanks can use one another's coils.
They said mesh x2 works best at 30-45watts while the dual works best at higher watts.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had an eGo once, that thing was a piece of poo. I think I spent more time repairing it than vaping it.

In Steve Austin voice and manner: "Hell Yeah!"

j214c.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The only problem with the Falcon sub tanks is that the coils are rated 75-80w and your Solo is 100w, you will be running through your batteries quickly.
These tanks are huge juice guzzlers too and there is no RBA section- so you cannot build a coil if you cannot get these coils any more.
I know you are new- but you should buy an easy RTA like the SMM Elevate- very easy to use, no leaks( top air flow), vapes great- and you will be able to vape in the future with no worries of not being able to buy factory coils-
or look at sub tanks that come with an RBA section and use factory coils- like the Kanger Sub Tank, SMOK Cloud Beast, or the Innokin Scion( i had to buy the RBAs) but they were available.

VU Sponsors