Become a Patron!

Problem with a vendor

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm interested in learning how others have dealt with recalcitrant vendors. I've done business with a UK vendor a couple times buying flavors. I spent two hundred dollars on two orders and got them without a problem. I placed a third order for $40 and it never showed up. I asked them about it and they said because I didn't select the tracking option, they couldn't help me. I thought that's fair enough. I also thought it'll show up eventually as other things I've shipped over the years have done.

A month later I placed another order to make up the items from the previous shipment, plus additional items. The total was $143 and I chose tracked delivery. After two weeks I was able to confirm that the item was returned to the vendor due to an addressing problem. Again, it's par for the course here, even though my mobile number was on the package, they can't be bothered to call. So, I contacted the vendor but got no reply. I contacted via email at least 6 times. I offered to pay for the reshipment once they received the package. It's now been a month since it was sent back and the vendor has not contacted me once. This is one of the biggest and most frequently recommended shops in the UK, so it's not a fly by night shop that has closed up.

So, I'm fucking pissed, in the American sense, at these wankers. I'd like to continue doing business with them as it's one stop shopping. However, as I've said for years, the most annoying thing you can do to a person is ignore them. If they had told me to piss off, I'd tell them to fuck off and move on. But this sucks.

What have others done in this situation? My final option is to open a dispute with Paypal, but that'd probably be the end of doing business with them and I'd like to keep that option...maybe.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can you call? I know it sounds stupid simple, and you likely have, by now, but I can't say I'd tolerate it, even if it bummed me to lose them as a vendor. Customer service can make/break 'em. REally sorry for your luck.

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would open a PayPal dispute to get back my losses, if they are not communicating with you then I don't see what other choice you have I also don't see why it would be the end of you doing business with them, once you have corrected the address issue you should be fine.

Although the question I would be asking myself is do I really want to be dealing with someone that has such poor customer service.
I'd probably search for an alternative vendor that treats their customers better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

f4milytime

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Call once, if no answer open a P.P. case and find another vendor. As no paying customer should be ignored or treated like so. Just my 0.02 for what its worth. Good Luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm interested in learning how others have dealt with recalcitrant vendors. I've done business with a UK vendor a couple times buying flavors. I spent two hundred dollars on two orders and got them without a problem. I placed a third order for $40 and it never showed up. I asked them about it and they said because I didn't select the tracking option, they couldn't help me. I thought that's fair enough. I also thought it'll show up eventually as other things I've shipped over the years have done.

A month later I placed another order to make up the items from the previous shipment, plus additional items. The total was $143 and I chose tracked delivery. After two weeks I was able to confirm that the item was returned to the vendor due to an addressing problem. Again, it's par for the course here, even though my mobile number was on the package, they can't be bothered to call. So, I contacted the vendor but got no reply. I contacted via email at least 6 times. I offered to pay for the reshipment once they received the package. It's now been a month since it was sent back and the vendor has not contacted me once. This is one of the biggest and most frequently recommended shops in the UK, so it's not a fly by night shop that has closed up.

So, I'm fucking pissed, in the American sense, at these wankers. I'd like to continue doing business with them as it's one stop shopping. However, as I've said for years, the most annoying thing you can do to a person is ignore them. If they had told me to piss off, I'd tell them to fuck off and move on. But this sucks.

What have others done in this situation? My final option is to open a dispute with Paypal, but that'd probably be the end of doing business with them and I'd like to keep that option...maybe.

Me? I would call and demand to speak with the manager or the owner of the company. Don't f*ck around with the first idiot to answer the phone because they will always blow you off. Move past them and let them KNOW you are pissed about this.

$100 isn't just throw away $$$ unless your bloody f*cking rich, which I am not.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
paypal dispute is the only alternative if you cant get customer service and a resolution to the issue.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got to them via a different email address. The ensuing exchange of emails over two days was quite similar to "Who's on First". It was mind-numbing, to say the least. I'm going to call today and try to get someone who has a modicum of rationality and logic on the line.

The Human Race succeeds in spite of itself.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know what you initially said about wanting to continue business with this vendor, but I think not receiving 2 orders speaks volumes for rethinking that position.

If you paid with a credit card don't forget you have a backup position through a credit card dispute if PayPal gives you no satisfaction. PayPal doesn't like it when you do that, but you didn't surrender your credit card rights if you used PayPal either. In the USA a credit card will take the position that the supplier has to show proof of delivery for these types of disputes. They can't show proof of delivery? You get the charge reversed.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get rid of them now ! Every vendor runs into issues it's part of the business. When someone comes to me here you bet your bottom dollar it gets taken care of ! Sounds like with the place your dealing with the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Usually though the vendors that don't respond well seems to be the Chinese vendors. Not trying to say it's all of them but that's what I've noticed. Good luck to you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get rid of them now ! Every vendor runs into issues it's part of the business. When someone comes to me here you bet your bottom dollar it gets taken care of ! Sounds like with the place your dealing with the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Usually though the vendors that don't respond well seems to be the Chinese vendors. Not trying to say it's all of them but that's what I've noticed. Good luck to you.
^^^truth:)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to call them. I think if I can get past the first layer of customer service I'll have a shot at getting it sorted out. If not, I'll open a dispute with PP.

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I would open a P.P. case imediately as the more time that goes by, the better the chances P.P. may not do anything and the better the chances the vendor will take your money and run! I've seen it many times unfortunately. I worked for a hobby shop until I found out the shop owner was ripping people off by selling products on E-Bay that were not in stock and ordering them from online vendors, hiking up the prices and then shipping the orders out. And if the product(s) was / were out of stock or discontinued by the vendor(s), the shop owner would email the customer saying their item(s) were either over sold and that "I" (gave my name, blaming it on me, which is when I quit!) never updated the stock count! Or there was a back order and that they will ship when back in stock yada yada yada and try and wait them out so they wouldn't open a case against him and he could keep the money. Good news is, he ended up getting busted and banned from E-Bay and had to pay back everyone he ripped off!

Shawn

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's been resolved. I came home from work and wrote up a report detailing as concisely and clearly as possible my view of the situation. I then went upstairs to call them as I wanted to give them another chance. I found the phone was dead. My youngest son has a habit of unplugging the power cord when practicing his electric drums because he doesn't want to be disturbed. WTF? Kids, you just can't sell them these days.

So I decided to send one more email laying out my case. A half hour later they replied that they had misunderstood and that they had just refunded the amount. I went to PP and there was the credit. So, a happy ending? As stated, I do want to do business with them. They're a good business, I believe, and for me it's not easy finding vendors like them. Anyway, I'll place a small order with them and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Glad you were able to get everything resolved! :cheers:
And I hear you about the "kids" LOL
My wife and I have 3 boys 17, 12 and 5 and the oldest loves to ignore important things like ringing telephones, knocks on the door and even the chore list etc... Instead, he tries to pawn everything off on his 12 y.o. brother. And it's always a classic sibling rivalry between all 3 so I'm pretty much just a glorified ref. Until they want something! Then they are all saint's! LOL

Shawn

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
And you have your own James Gang!
That would be cool. My 12 year old son had some interest in the guitar about 6 years ago but lost that interest. But now my oldest wants to learn to play and my youngest likes banging on things with a pair of chopsticks so maybe he'll be a drummer. Good news though, all 3 of my kids are big KISS fans!!! \m/ @¿@ \m/

Shawn

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey man i sell sneakers for a living and i know its not the same as this but im seeung it as the same concepts. Communication and cus ser is a key part for any business. I have stayed up too 3 4 in the morning just so i can talk to guys in china. To see if any one had any issues with condition or size. If they have not responded they do not deserve you as a client plain and simple. Talk to paypal see what they can do about your funds

VU Sponsors