Become a Patron!

Problem with Coil - Kangertech Subtank Mini

gt_thegame

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I needed some help and not sure if this is the right section.
I recently cleaned my tank throughly and then my mod started popping up an error - Check Atomizer.
I changed my coil and my mod seems to work fine. Needed some help to fix my coil and I am posting pictures for the same. Can someone please help me out?

Also what kind of wire does the coil use? If i want to buy the wire online what should i be looking out for?

Attachments

• img_20170226_223222.jpg
    img_20170226_223222.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

gt_thegame

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I needed some help and not sure if this is the right section.
I recently cleaned my tank throughly and then my mod started popping up an error - Check Atomizer.
I changed my coil and my mod seems to work fine. Needed some help to fix my coil and I am posting pictures for the same. Can someone please help me out?

Also what kind of wire does the coil use? If i want to buy the wire online what should i be looking out for?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Check Atomizer means it's not getting a reading from your coil, it's not making contact to the 510, or it's possible it's a faulty coil.

For building your own coils, you can use kanthal, stainless steel wire, some like nickel. Those are the usual ones.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like you may need to gently pull up on your center pin in the 510 connection.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Standard subtank coils are kanthal.

gt_thegame

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies... I tried the pulling up on the pin trick but it did not work. At the same time another coil works fine on my tank.
Anything else that i can try?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What is the coil Ohm'n out at?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If another coil is working ok, then the other one may have simply bit the dust.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok will check that out... but the picture of the coil that i have posted seems fine?
By appearances, from the view you show, it seems to. I tried zooming in and noticed in the bottom of the base, it looks like a small piece of wire in there. Is there?

upload_2017-2-27_1-55-53.png

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It does seem a tad high, but hard to say. Is it hitting the cap that covers it? That would cause a reading problem.

gt_thegame

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By appearances, from the view you show, it seems to. I tried zooming in and noticed in the bottom of the base, it looks like a small piece of wire in there. Is there?

View attachment 75349
nope there is no wire in it... here is a top view of it with it removed.. any ideas?

Attachments

• img_20170226_223126.jpg
    img_20170226_223126.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suppose just take it apart, start over. Double check that it warms up evenly, no metal is touch the outer cap. Not really sure what the screw on the side is about.

Is this the coil that came with the RBA?

gt_thegame

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suppose just take it apart, start over. Double check that it warms up evenly, no metal is touch the outer cap. Not really sure what the screw on the side is about.

Is this the coil that came with the RBA?
Will try that out again, although ive done that before... The screw on the side is for holding down the outer cap. Yes this is the coil that came with the RBA.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Will try that out again, although ive done that before... The screw on the side is for holding down the outer cap. Yes this is the coil that came with the RBA.
As Pami suggested, if you have an ohm reader, you can check it on there, too, and see if it registers.

VU Sponsors