Become a Patron!

Problem with getting my mod to work

Hello, i have trouble getting my mod to work, and while normaly you could just go into vape shop and ask for help, in my country vaping is illegal so i dont really have that option, youtube etc also havent really helped yet

soo i bought the "underground rda" head beacus from my old istick pico the tank etc broke, and i want to replace it with something different now.

soo i tryed to put a coil in, but when i try to check if it works it tells me that i dont have an atomizer, which i dont understand.

5c49e94164.jpg

f84a116a9a.jpg

a6f8eab70f.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome....I don't know that RDA, but first I don't think you have the coil posts installed correctly for one thing, and I see no wicking (cotton)
Please don't try to use that until someone with better knowledge posts here to help you with it. Also it sounds like you need to learn more about these types of building RDA's before you try to use them.

Welcome....I don't know that RDA, but first I don't think you have the coil posts installed correctly for one thing, and I see no wicking (cotton)
Please don't try to use that until someone with better knowledge posts here to help you with it. Also it sounds like you need to learn more about these types of building RDA's before you try to use them.

Yeah i am new to vaping and want to do it in order to quit smoking, but you are kind of limitet to what u can buy in my country do to the ban.

okay i will wait

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hello, i have trouble getting my mod to work, and while normaly you could just go into vape shop and ask for help, in my country vaping is illegal so i dont really have that option, youtube etc also havent really helped yet

soo i bought the "underground rda" head beacus from my old istick pico the tank etc broke, and i want to replace it with something different now.

soo i tryed to put a coil in, but when i try to check if it works it tells me that i dont have an atomizer, which i dont understand.

5c49e94164.jpg

f84a116a9a.jpg

a6f8eab70f.jpg
You have both coil leads going into the positive contacts. The opposite posts are negative (you can tell by the insulators under the posts) Also by the juice wells at the ends.. each coil should be over a juice well. Since there is no + to - connection, your mod is reading it as no atomizer.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'll 2nd this. His coil has both legs installed in the positive lead. So no current at all = no atomizer error.

008b9db636.jpg

i do not know anyone who also vapes sadly

i got it working now, but the clouds arent really dense, with the same juice i used befor, do i need to do something else ? i mean i vape to quit smoking but having nice clouds is also nice

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your wick is way too much and it's hard to see just what you did with your coil posts, the wicking in the center to me does not belong there, and you haven't discussed what you are using for wattage or if you studied Olms law yet.
For that type of coil and atty, I doubt that Pico will be able to keep up with it.

right now im using 36w, but pico can go up to 75w, i rewick it now with less and try it again, for Olms law, i dont know what that is :(

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it would be easier for you to watch some tutorials about building and wicking (in general and for this specific tank) in you tube...
No matter how much the community is willing to help, if you don't see it you will have issues.
Furthermore, it would be advisable to postpone quitting cigarettes so as to do first some reading for the basic staff about ohm, batteries, amper etc. Trust me...it can get really messy if something goes wrong

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This might help. Nothing fancy, I just made it. Im on my wifes laptop so couldnt edit it. There are a couple spaces where 1 I couldn't find my stupid pliers and 2..I hit a button on the laptop and hid my screen. lol.. took me a second to find it again. Simple coil build, and wicking video. I used my TwistedMesses RDA because it is what i have that most resembles your deck, although the coil mounts are different. You should be able to figure out how to mount your coil. Mainly, it is the wick and coil position you want to watch for.

I used a screwdriver because I didn't know if you have a coil jig. 3.0mm id core. I used 24ga kanthal. You may have to check steam-engine.org and enter the wire type you have. Or post it and I will do some calculations so you get similar results.

Edit... no laughing at my DIY haircut.

e17d118eec.jpg

this is the wire that i have

thanks for the video, helped me quite a bit to understand it, after just doing one thing u said and i squeezed them more togeghter i got a lot more vapor and flavour allready

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
e17d118eec.jpg

this is the wire that i have

thanks for the video, helped me quite a bit to understand it, after just doing one thing u said and i squeezed them more togeghter i got a lot more vapor and flavour allready

How many watts will your box do? You can try 5 wraps of that wire and it might work. You would be better off with 26 or 28 ga twisted. I prefer untwisted, and I twist it myself if i want. lol.
Thing is, with twisted wire, your resistance is halved. So to meet a specific resistance, you need to build your coils twice as big, which uses higher wattage. Even better, try one single coil. It will probably work better than 2 if you are limited on how many watts your mod can deliver.

OR you could maybe untwist 8 inches to make 2 coils.Then 6 wraps would work pretty good.

hi, sorry for so long no update i was bussy with some university assingments etc.

soo current status is i got my mod to work fine,and havent had any issues with it, but something is really weird.. befor when i had the tank and the coil thing from my standart pico, i had nice flavour, again i do vape to quit smoking not for taste, but it obv was a nice exta

now vaping is absolut horrible, since i got the new coil in, the taste is so bad, it all tase just like burtn plastic, i tryed to replace the couil 2 times, i switch betwen all the flavours i have, most of them which i really liked befor.. all tast bad :(

its at a point where im considering going back to ciggarets beacus the taste is so much worse..

thanks for all the help so far

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
~How long since you changed the wick/cotton on it...that could be the problem

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep practicing on the coil creations, soon you'll be a pro!!! Glad it's working again:)

VU Sponsors