Become a Patron!

PROBLEM with KANGER TOPBOX MINI

I have vaped with kanger topbox mini for about 6 months and i havent had a problem before it suddenly stops working. When I start the vape i dont hear the eliquid burning sound but the mistery 'somthing is burning wrongly' sound. And when i inhale the smoke it is a hell. The smoke is totally wrong and i am sure there's something wrong.

I think the mod has the problem. Cuz i changed the subtank and atomizer after the problem occured --i bought another whole subtank-- , and it still does not work.

What i did before the problem occurs were washing the subtank and atomizer and started my vaping while they didnt fully dry. And secondly, -- i suppose this is the reason becuz the mod is where the problem occurs -- i charged two batteries but i charged one fully but not the other. And I vaped with the batteries which is chaeged differently.

Please help me figure out how to solve this problem or if i should buy another mod.:cry:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using wattage mode or tc mode? Maybe it switched on you

What wattage and coils?

i use wattage mode except for its changed by mistake.
usually 90 wattage
and coil says it's Ni200 and 0.15Ω but i don know what this means.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Big problem. The nickel coils only can be run in temperature control mode, not wattage. Dangerous. And your problem entirely. Get the regular occ coils to run in wattage mode. Or run the nickel coils in temperature control mode.

Topbox mini tops out at 75 watts anyway. So not sure where 90w comes from.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you have a toptank mini on another mod, not the topbox mini mod. Topbox mini does not go up to 90w and is only a 1 battery mod.

It is also important that you are in the correct temp control mode for nickel.

Last edited:
but mine is available upto 200w. maybe i knew wrong about the name. it seems kbox 200. and it has 2 batteries in it. thank you for the advice.
and i just changed to nickels in temperature control mode but the smoke is spicy

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would throw the nickel coilhead away that you vaped in wattage mode. No good for you now. Put in a new nickel coil, make sure you are in nickel (ni) temp control mode, and vape on.

Yeah, kbox 200 is what u have then.

The coilhead you ran in wattage mode is now damaged. Trash it. For your health and vape enjoyment.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone in another thread was complaining that nickel coils were being phased out. Here is a perfect example of why they shouldn't be included as a spare coil with any kit or tank.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Someone in another thread was complaining that nickel coils were being phased out. Here is a perfect example of why they shouldn't be included as a spare coil with any kit or tank.
agreed. no starter kits should have Ni coils in them. especially now with SS being so popular.

VU Sponsors