Become a Patron!

Problem with kangertech subtank nano

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not easy, huh? The base has two sections, and you need to unscrew the frame part from the base, then take out the old coil and replace it with the new one. Do it once, and you'll know forever:).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes when things get "stuck", I sit them in the freezer for a few minutes. The materials will contract and make it easier to deal with them. ;)

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried to do that but I can't do anything. Are you serious with that freezer thing?

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried to do that but I can't do anything. Are you serious with that freezer thing?
I surely am. Just leave it in there for 3-5 minutes, sometimes does wonders.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coil screws into the base, yes. :)

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am still not able to get my coil off so if somebody could know a video where this thing would be seen that would be appreciated! <3

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The bottom section is 2 pieces. There's the piece that screws into the chimney on top and holds the glass is, and the coil base. If you take the whole bottom section off. The bracket in the top will prevent you from taking the coil out.

Mine gets sticky if it gets over tightened, but it all just twists apart.

If you have the whole middle section apart, lightly hold the top with a pair of pliers, and twist it from the bottom by where the base screws onto your mod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't fully understand what do you mean. Is there ANY video of this?

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please someone make a quick video how to do this. I can't find video anywhere.

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok.. this should be easy, fingers crossed.

The cage/frame portion has come off, still attached to the base. Just unscrew the cage and it's silver ring, and reattach it to the glass main body. Then you will be able to replace the coil head in the base.

That frame is not normally removed, only for cleaning the tank, never for changing the coil.
Anti clock direction, right?

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure that am I even trying to unscrew right part, so you mean that I have to screw that part which is top of airflow base and hold atomizer and not screw anything else? Sorry guys but my english is terrible.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to clean my Nano tonight. If I remember, I'll take pics and post them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking at your first picture... just the round silver base, about halfway there is a line visible. The two sections will unscrew at that line. It should not take much force at all, that is the normal separation point for refilling the tank and changing the coils.
Yeah I see that line but what I have to do about it? I mean, where do i have to unscrew it wtf

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shiit i just did like that, why?
E: Oops you did mean that thing which is "holding" coil on place. I did grab atomizer with pliers.

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Who ever can find solution to this problem, will earn 5 euros in 23 days im so hopeless!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who ever can find solution to this problem, will earn 5 euros in 23 days im so hopeless!
You know after reading all the posts in this thread I wonder if some people are not meant to vape...I mean my little sister has no problem replacing a coil and can take her Nano easily apart for cleaning all by herself... And she can't even drive a car with a manual transmission... Don't figure, does it? Lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you put it in the freezer for a few minutes?? It helps, I SWEAR.....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the threads are seized.

(Or there's a Rick Astley link incoming. )
Now you mention it I had a Arctic seize like that once...I ran hot water over it and it didn't help, put it in the freezer till it got cold and that didn't help either... Got pissed and stuck the base end between a wooden door jam and the wooden door...closed the door on the base tight enough to keep from turning and locked a pair of curved vise grips on the top end...gave a couple good pulls on the vise grips and it finally broke loose..lol

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah on some point but i tried a different thing. I will try that now. I would be not suprised if i wouldn't be supposed to vape but this is so good!

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know after reading all the posts in this thread I wonder if some people are not meant to vape...I mean my little sister has no problem replacing a coil and can take her Nano easily apart for cleaning all by herself... And she can't even drive a car with a manual transmission... Don't figure, does it? Lol

If your little sister makes a video where he replaces a coil I will kiss you

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your little sister makes a video where he replaces a coil I will kiss you
There should be videos like that on YouTube already... Hell, my sis couldn't post a video that long anyway...
Next best thing is take it to a local vape shop and watch them replace a coil for you I would think..good luck!

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There should be videos like that on YouTube already... Hell, my sis couldn't post a video that long anyway...
Next best thing is take it to a local vape shop and watch them replace a coil for you I would think..good luck!

I have tried to find them like 1 hour but still nothing. I think that it is a good option but my "local" vape shop is so far from me. Also my lack of english is one reason why this is so hard. I have always just bought a pack of cigarettes and so.. Nobody out here has kangertech nano because i would be about video/images.

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put that thing to freezer so after couple minutes i take pliers, grab airflow base with them and then unscrew what?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put that thing to freezer so after couple minutes i take pliers, grab airflow base and then unscrew what?
Can you post real time pics taken of your tank as it is now? It might help us help you..I said might , so don't hold me to it...lol

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stuck a small screwdriver in AFC and twisted coil with pliers, came right off.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have one of those rubbery "grippy" pads, the kind you use to remove a stubborn lid from a jar? Grip the air flow control base with one of those in your left hand. Grip the cage/coil in your right hand - with another grippy pad or paper towel, if slippery. TWIST the cage/coil counterclockwise until you fall down.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had trouble downloading your pic but I can see it now.. I would try using two pairs of pliers maybe ..one pair holding the round base and the other on the coil..and screw out your coil.... Just a thought

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I stuck a small screwdriver in AFC and twisted coil with pliers, came right off.
I keep that in my mind.
Teresa will be right there... next week. :D

You posted pics of yours, and Fastech's disassembled view. You know what has to be unscrewed. If you cannot do it, you need to find someone else who can muscle them apart, I probably would too at this point.

They DO come apart, they have to. It's the only way to change the coils.

And your English is just fine... better than many of my fellow US Americans in fact. :p
Ok then I will invite my friend to take this shit off
Do you have one of those rubbery "grippy" pads, the kind you use to remove a stubborn lid from a jar? Grip the air flow control base with one of those in your left hand. Grip the cage/coil in your right hand - with another grippy pad or paper towel, if slippery. TWIST the cage/coil counterclockwise until you fall down.
I don't have them :S
I had trouble downloading your pic but I can see it now.. I would try using two pairs of pliers maybe ..one pair holding the round base and the other on the coil..and screw out your coil.... Just a thought

Ok I will try that right now.

Eliitti

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Buy a new tank..I think this one looks useless now...least it does to me..

How to change coil pt. 1 by me :) Can you tell me which would be a good tank which is EASY TO USE. FML

VU Sponsors