Become a Patron!

Problem with new Smok T priv

I've been using it for 5 days now and here's the issue. It uses 2 batteries and has a battery meter on the LCD for each. On the LCD display, the right side battery went to all the way down and nothing I do can make it come back. Batteries are new and charged, I've swapped out a different brand of batteries but nothing seems to work.

Despite the wattage staying the same when I vape, I can seriously tell that it's only vaping at 50% power. I vape around 75W and it feels like 30ish. So any ideas? I haven't found any info online about problems like this.

5d827ae178e4db4eaba6264aa3095c7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of batteries and how are you charging them?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
It could be something tore up in it, the charger you use isn't working properly, or just very unlucky with batteries. But yeah, it might be an issue within the device itself. Now I know smok has shit customer service, but have you tried contacting them on the issue? Where did you purchase it? Local store or online, see if they might know what went down. Hell maybe the problem can be solved with a firmware update, I hope you can find the solution mate.

I've been using it for 5 days now and here's the issue. It uses 2 batteries and has a battery meter on the LCD for each. On the LCD display, the right side battery went to all the way down and nothing I do can make it come back. Batteries are new and charged, I've swapped out a different brand of batteries but nothing seems to work.

Despite the wattage staying the same when I vape, I can seriously tell that it's only vaping at 50% power. I vape around 75W and it feels like 30ish. So any ideas? I haven't found any info online about problems like this.

Hey in having the exact same issue, only used it about 300 puffs and no matter the brand or charging level the second battery just won't read. Mine also only pushes at less than half and it's extremely noticeable. Its not a battery issue and I've never dropped it or actually even taken out of this room I'm in now. I worked electronic maintenance for the military and have several electronic certifications and after all my troubleshooting I've come to the conclusion there's something wrong with the board. Just my educated guess though but pretty sure that's what's up. I haven't firmware upgraded it either. If you get a resolution to your issue can you let me know? I'll do the same for you if you haven't found a remedy yet. Gypsygrunt@gmail if you wanna inbox me

I have the same exact problem as you. Your vape is defective. Update did not do anything. Your shop must honor the warrenty and give you a new one. I went by my vape shop yesterday and they told me to contact SMOK until I saw this: https://www.smoktech.com/faq/303
I will go by tomorrow and get a new mod or I'll be sure to be reporting them to SMOK.

I have the same exact problem as you. Your vape is defective. Update did not do anything. Your shop must honor the warrenty and give you a new one. I went by my vape shop yesterday and they told me to contact SMOK until I saw this: https://www.smoktech.com/faq/303
I will go by tomorrow and get a new mod or I'll be sure to be reporting them to SMOK.
I'm going back and fourth with the site I purchased it from of course. I found someone with the same issue and all it is was a power wire pinched between the 510 pin area and like the wall anyway he just moved it out it back together and it's worked fine ever since but I don't want to void any warranty of its something else. Bought it off Cigabuy.com and there a good site but want me to load 10 videos to YouTube so they can verify diffrent things and it really gets irritating when I have schooling and over 10 years expirence dealing with electronics and or electricity for me to prove to them that the batteries are full and they're married and blah blah yea I know. Just reading your link, thank you by the way, I'm not sure if they have to do it for me or if I can start the warranty thing since they are based out of China. I'll know soon but FYI super legit cheap site for mods. 100 authentic. Thx again

I actually decided to get creative and erase all the data everytime my vape decided to say "HIGH INPUT" (Because it "likes to" do that to me sometimes) And then set it up with 1.0.8, some. i'll let it be wiped for 10 minutes or so before reinstalling 1.08. then I hope i reached another glitch to make it work again....It is really hard to explain how i get it to work. I am just going to do this until I decide to buy another vape....Do you know of any better vapes than SMOK? I have a G PRIV "blow up" on me. After 2 mods by SMOK and hearing your story, I think I have a right to say that I lost faith. A mod like this should last longer than 3 months.

I actually decided to get creative and erase all the data everytime my vape decided to say "HIGH INPUT" (Because it "likes to" do that to me sometimes) And then set it up with 1.0.8, some. i'll let it be wiped for 10 minutes or so before reinstalling 1.08. then I hope i reached another glitch to make it work again....It is really hard to explain how i get it to work. I am just going to do this until I decide to buy another vape....Do you know of any better vapes than SMOK? I have a G PRIV "blow up" on me. After 2 mods by SMOK and hearing your story, I think I have a right to say that I lost faith. A mod like this should last longer than 3 months.
Yea I hear you I can definitely help point you in the good mod direction but word of advice with Smok especially, I never update mine because they have crap for customer service, the directions are half Korean half Chinese and they brick out like a phone..a lot. Just be careful I've had to open up and fix many alien 220s especially and that's smok s golden egg. They're just so mass produced the quality suffered but I mean it feels like quality and looks the part but then... yea...just b careful. I just got an email from the company I bought mine from and they literally ask me if it was cool if they refunded me $5 and it possible discount on next order. I didn't miss type that she said $5. Didn't even offer the warranty maybe she was trying to get over on me I don't know but I told her where she needed to go with that and since I'm still under warranty to fix it under warranty just waiting on the email back so I appreciate that link again forwarded it to her we'll see what she does with it but I sell Vape on a daily basis so I can definitely help you with that I have about 15 new ones different brand styles and then of course if you want to go check out a site check out vaporl.com or Cigabuy.com they're both 100% legit and the customer service is awesome except for right now I don't understand and that's with cigabuy. But I don't hear from them again I've been vaping for 5 years and this is the first mod that's done this to me for no reason. But I too have started to lean away from smok and I know a lot of other people following suit I can definitely suggest you a certain model but what kind of wattage are you looking for something similar to what you have and what kind of tank would you be using I'll just give you some suggestions if you want email me Gypsygrunt@gmail

Yea I hear you I can definitely help point you in the good mod direction but word of advice with Smok especially, I never update mine because they have crap for customer service, the directions are half Korean half Chinese and they brick out like a phone..a lot. Just be careful I've had to open up and fix many alien 220s especially and that's smok s golden egg. They're just so mass produced the quality suffered but I mean it feels like quality and looks the part but then... yea...just b careful. I just got an email from the company I bought mine from and they literally ask me if it was cool if they refunded me $5 and it possible discount on next order. I didn't miss type that she said $5. Didn't even offer the warranty maybe she was trying to get over on me I don't know but I told her where she needed to go with that and since I'm still under warranty to fix it under warranty just waiting on the email back so I appreciate that link again forwarded it to her we'll see what she does with it but I sell Vape on a daily basis so I can definitely help you with that I have about 15 new ones different brand styles and then of course if you want to go check out a site check out vaporl.com or Cigabuy.com they're both 100% legit and the customer service is awesome except for right now I don't understand and that's with cigabuy. But I don't hear from them again I've been vaping for 5 years and this is the first mod that's done this to me for no reason. But I too have started to lean away from smok and I know a lot of other people following suit I can definitely suggest you a certain model but what kind of wattage are you looking for something similar to what you have and what kind of tank would you be using I'll just give you some suggestions if you want email me Gypsygrunt@gmail
what do you know about everything working but it wont fire? i changed coils to 3 different ones and nothing :/

Did anyone figure out what was wrong? I just bought one and after a few weeks I am having the same problem.

Hey everyone i cant comment on your faults BUT the issue ive found on a Tpriv im working on is with tge Voltage Regulator and the fact it has an inferior heatsink. The seal isnt totally tight and allowed ejuice down into the contacts etc, caused a short so im expecting to find a couple of popped caps etc which hopefully when i replace them mrs Tpriv will be a happy beast again.

I have 30,000 puffs on my tpriv and it has started with my left battery stating it's low. 20% and no higher. Had a smoke tank leak on the mod due to a bad seal. Got to get a new mod. Mine is 1.5 years old

Silver79

Member For 4 Years

Your shop MUST honor Smok's warranty? That's not what Smok's site says:

IMG_3486.PNG

PROBLEM SOLVED
this might be kinda late for you. but I had this issue the last few days and after scouring the internet for an easy solution. I came up empty handed. so I decided to completely tear my mod apart. when I did that I found loads of sticky juice that must have leaked from my tank into my mod. so I used qtips and rubbing alcohol to clean every nook and cranny of the electrical circuit boards and everything inside. keep in mind, there are many tiny screws that you have to take out to get to the main board. after I cleaned everything (and made sure it was completely dry) I put it back together and havent had this problem since!!!

VU Sponsors