Become a Patron!

problem with pg?

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
Hi Guys,

Ive been vaping for a few years now and ive often find that i get really bad fever like symptoms and as long as i continue vaping the symptoms seem to
linger until ive had a break for a few days. Can anyone explain why this might be? Could it be im reacting to the pg in the vape juice?
Im currently using a cool fire 4 with a sub ohm coil. I dont want to stop vaping as i really enjoy it and look forward to it.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you guys

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Too many variables here..

Are you mixing your own juices?
Are you keeping things clean?
Do you cap your juices?
Wash your hands before recoiling?
What is it you are doing to cause you to have a fever?

I haven't know anyone to get a fever from vaping. Guess you are the first.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I recommend you get advice from a Qualified Medical Professional or maybe use Web MD for advice.

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
Too many variables here..

Are you mixing your own juices?
Are you keeping things clean?
Do you cap your juices?
Wash your hands before recoiling?
What is it you are doing to cause you to have a fever?

I haven't know anyone to get a fever from vaping. Guess you are the first.

No im not mixing my own juices
Yes i keep my kit clean
All my juices are capped
yes my hands are clean when i recoil

Ive read a few times online that some people dont do to well with PG might be a good idea to try a all VG juice

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
and what is Your ratio
is it 50 / 50 then turn it down to say 30 / 70
also
I would have to ask what are you using for PG..

is it this
PG 1.jpg
or maybe that mixed with this
PG 2.jpg

just stay away from stuff like THIS is your having issues

Bulk Propylene Glycol
is a nearly odorless clear liquid with a mild sweet taste. Some other names for it are a-propylene glycol, 1,2-propanediol, 1,2-dihydroxypropane, methyl ethyl glycol (MEG), methylethylene glycol, PG, Sirlene, Dowfrost.

Web definition for Propylene Glycol according to wikipedia.

Bulk propylene glycol can be converted from glycerol or glycerin which is a byproduct of biodiesel production.

As far as uses, it is used in many industries. Recently it was used in the gulf cleanup as an oil dispersant. Propylene glycol is also used as a moisturizer, emulsifier and carrier for fragrance oils in personal care and pharmaceutical products. Furthermore, propylene glycol is used to create fake smoke for movies. Unlike ethylene glycol, propylene glycol has a low toxicity and is biodegradable making it a great alternative for antifreezes, deicers and is often used I solar water heating systems and liquid cooling systems.

Important to note: Propylene Glycol has been reportedly used in e-cigarette formulas. There has been no long term studies on the safety of this use. For this reason, we cannot recommend propylene glycol for that use. Until the FDA or other governing agencies gives their approval on the use of Propylene Glycol for this use customers should have the clear understanding that it may not be safe for long term use in e-vapor.

Because of it’s low cost and biodegradable qualities wholesale bulk propylene glycol truly is a fantastic chemical that can be used by almost anyone.

Please note: The information found here in is for research purposes only and is not meant to be a recommendation for use.

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
and what is Your ratio
is it 50 / 50 then turn it down to say 30 / 70
also
I would have to ask what are you using for PG..

is it this
View attachment 145752
or maybe that mixed with this
View attachment 145753

just stay away from stuff like THIS is your having issues

Bulk Propylene Glycol
is a nearly odorless clear liquid with a mild sweet taste. Some other names for it are a-propylene glycol, 1,2-propanediol, 1,2-dihydroxypropane, methyl ethyl glycol (MEG), methylethylene glycol, PG, Sirlene, Dowfrost.

Web definition for Propylene Glycol according to wikipedia.

Bulk propylene glycol can be converted from glycerol or glycerin which is a byproduct of biodiesel production.

As far as uses, it is used in many industries. Recently it was used in the gulf cleanup as an oil dispersant. Propylene glycol is also used as a moisturizer, emulsifier and carrier for fragrance oils in personal care and pharmaceutical products. Furthermore, propylene glycol is used to create fake smoke for movies. Unlike ethylene glycol, propylene glycol has a low toxicity and is biodegradable making it a great alternative for antifreezes, deicers and is often used I solar water heating systems and liquid cooling systems.

Important to note: Propylene Glycol has been reportedly used in e-cigarette formulas. There has been no long term studies on the safety of this use. For this reason, we cannot recommend propylene glycol for that use. Until the FDA or other governing agencies gives their approval on the use of Propylene Glycol for this use customers should have the clear understanding that it may not be safe for long term use in e-vapor.

Because of it’s low cost and biodegradable qualities wholesale bulk propylene glycol truly is a fantastic chemical that can be used by almost anyone.

Please note: The information found here in is for research purposes only and is not meant to be a recommendation for use.

I use a 70vg 30pg mix. I dont make my own juices i purchase ready made ones.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use a 70vg 30pg mix. I dont make my own juices i purchase ready made ones.
if I my ask did you ever smoke??

if your an X smoker.. { like me} thats part of smoking

if your new to smoking Period...
i suggest ya put down da nicotine and walk away
its a monkey on your back ya don't need if ya don't already have it .

and thats just My Simple kindness talking

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
No im not mixing my own juices
Yes i keep my kit clean
All my juices are capped
yes my hands are clean when i recoil

Ive read a few times online that some people dont do to well with PG might be a good idea to try a all VG juice

I dont do well with pg... but it's not sounding like you have the normal issues with pg intolerance.

What ejuices are you buying, what are the ratios you are using?
Any nic salts, or is it regular ejuice?

@DaBunny ... he is not mixing any ejuice. He is buying..

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I dont do well with pg... but it's not sounding like you have the normal issues with pg intolerance.

well I just noticed somthing...
the way HE wrote out
{{ I use a 70vg 30pg }}

is that HOW THE BOTTLE LOOKS???

most times PG is written 1st and the VG 2nd and that makes me question..

and some store bought stuff is REALLY god awful that is why i started to make my own. lol lol lol

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year

Just the regular ejuice, and i usually buy tornado pro juices however i have tried other brands too.

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
well I just noticed somthing...
the way HE wrote out
{{ I use a 70vg 30pg }}

is that HOW THE BOTTLE LOOKS???

most times PG is written 1st and the VG 2nd and that makes me question..

and some store bought stuff is REALLY god awful that is why i started to make my own. lol lol lol

Yes that's how the bottle looks, and what does it make you question?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Just the regular ejuice, and i usually buy tornado pro juices however i have tried other brands too.

Ok so I had to google what you are vaping...

""Tornado Pro E-Liquids are made in the UK and is one of the first brands to have created a cloud chasing e-liquid range that offers a huge 90VG blend that ensures that every single vape is finished with room filling vapour clouds on the exhale and big flavour notes.""

https://www.ecigaretteoutlet.co.uk/collections/tornado-pro-e-liquids

90vg...

Your issue is not a pg issue..

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

""Tornado Pro E-Liquids are made in the UK and is one of the first brands to have created a cloud chasing e-liquid range that offers a huge 90VG blend that ensures that every single vape is finished with room filling vapour clouds on the exhale and big flavour notes.""

90vg...

I would tend to agree with you accept for the issue the Order of the writting...

if his bottle is looking like

70/30
that means he has 70 PG and 30 VG

and what He would want was 30/70
an a BTW
he never mentioned 90 at all.. { and that was gonna be MY save if all else when horrably wrong lol lol lol}
and that would look like 10/90

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I would tend to agree with you accept for the issue the Order of the writting...

70/30

an a BTW
he never mentioned 90 at all.. { and that was gonna be MY save if all else when horrably wrong lol lol lol}

@DaBunny take it up with the makers of the ejuice.. they claim 90%vg.... :) no matter how it is written, 90%vg and 10%pg is what he has..
there is no vape issues that causes fevers.... it's not a pg intolerance symptom.

Also the norm for writting out the ratio has always been xxvg/xxpg... at least here in the states.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

70/30

an a BTW
all my bottles are 70/30 vg/pg

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@DaBunny take it up with the makers of the ejuice.. they claim 90%vg.... :) no matter how it is written, 90%vg and 10%pg is what he has..
there is no vape issues that causes fevers.... it's not a pg intolerance symptom.

Also the norm for writting out the ratio has always been xxvg/xxpg... at least here in the states.
all my bottles are 70/30 vg/pg
REALLY???
because ever bottle I have ever Purchased
has ALWAYS with out acception have the PG First..
PG VG.jpg

and I am in the states..

note to Jay...
we are debating this cuz the PG gives the HARSHNESS Much like a cig.

yet if your getting Fevers
That Is ODD and anyway you vape it
THATS ODD

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
REALLY???
View attachment 145759

and I am in the states..

note to Jay...

THATS ODD

Not much for me to debate.. I just never heard of anyone getting any sort of fevers from vaping 90% vg...

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not much for me to debate.. I just never heard of anyone getting any sort of fevers from vaping 90% vg...
well if he never smoked Cig's and just started Vapping
that could seem to raise your temp..
like a hot flash... or upset stomic...
other then that Not so much
so thats WHY stated...

if I my ask did you ever smoke??

if your an X smoker.. { like me} thats part of smoking

if your new to smoking Period...
i suggest ya put down da nicotine and walk away
its a monkey on your back ya don't need if ya don't already have it .

and thats just My Simple kindness talking

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@DaBunny Unless he posts back up, you will never know.

None of us here hold a doctorate.. or are with the op while he vapes to even see.
With his statements, and knowing the juices he is vaping.. its not a pg issue.
10% is not much at all.

I could see if he was on salt nics and a 50/50 etc blah blah...
but it is 90%

to keep this going.. is a bit silly.. especially with missing info.

I'm exiting this convo now.. I have zero bones to pick.
I have given my experience the best I can, and that is all anyone can.

Been vaping for more than 10+ yrs now.. think I know a bit about something.
Good luck to the op, hope its sorted.. but to have any sort of repeat fever.. best head over to get checked out.
No one online can give an accurate diagnosis of this issue anyhow.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I love conversations with you..
you have experance
and I have read a LOT of whatcha wrote in the past and present..
NO NOT A STALKER

just abbid reader

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
i get really bad fever like symptoms
Fever like symptoms, and not really a fever?

Maybe a little nic sic? I know you said you've been vaping a few years so it my not be nic strength but you could try lowering it.
Perhaps a coil of different metal, SS maybe.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
REALLY???
View attachment 145759

and I am in the states..

note to Jay...

THATS ODD
Must be the shoppe your using....everyone of my commercial e-liquid that I have not packed up read VG/PG, no big deal

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year

90vg...

Ok this is one I'm using right now
Problem is the OP needs to see a doctor. A fever can kill you or do harm. What, blame it on vaping to add to the MISINFORMATION? See a fucking Doctor and see if you have a Medical Condition that so far has gone un-diagnosed.

Problem is the OP needs to see a doctor. A fever can kill you or do harm. What, blame it on vaping to add to the MISINFORMATION? See a fucking Doctor and see if you have a Medical Condition that so far has gone un-diagnosed.

No need to swear man ive only come on here to see if anyone has had any similiar effects, i was a smoker before vaping but never used to get the fever like symptoms, but i noticed once i started vaping i was getting them and would have to stop for the symptoms to go away. Ive been doctors and have been told it might be due to weather change etc etc but i still feel its something im doing wrong with the vaping. Now if i cant ask this question on a forum just for some advice then im not sure who else to get advice from? i know non of you are doctors or medical advisors and i can sense a few of you are defending vaping like its your baby but jeez guys.. relax i mean no harm, theres no vape sabotage here i also enjoy vaping too

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No need to swear man ive only come on here to see if anyone has had any similiar effects, i was a smoker before vaping but never used to get the fever like symptoms, but i noticed once i started vaping i was getting them and would have to stop for the symptoms to go away. Ive been doctors and have been told it might be due to weather change etc etc but i still feel its something im doing wrong with the vaping. Now if i cant ask this question on a forum just for some advice then im not sure who else to get advice from? i know non of you are doctors or medical advisors and i can sense a few of you are defending vaping like its your baby but jeez guys.. relax i mean no harm, theres no vape sabotage here i also enjoy vaping too

As long as you saw a Doctor and have ruled out other issues like an infection. But you never once said anything about a Doctor and I get passionate about people seeing a Medical Professional and not using strangers on the Internet to Diagnose Symptoms. Good Luck

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just my opinion... and ive read through all above as well. If your sure its vaping that gives you this reaction... ummmm stop vaping so you will have no need to be dealing with this. I am not a medically trained person and to b honest i dont see doctors unless im on deaths doorsteps.
I found i was allergic to alchohol SO I STOPPED DRINKING IT. No more issues caused by it.
Problem solved.
My rant for the day is now done. Lmfao

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
As long as you saw a Doctor and have ruled out other issues like an infection. But you never once said anything about a Doctor and I get passionate about people seeing a Medical Professional and not using strangers on the Internet to Diagnose Symptoms. Good Luck

No mate not asking for a diagnosis,
Just my opinion... and ive read through all above as well. If your sure its vaping that gives you this reaction... ummmm stop vaping so you will have no need to be dealing with this. I am not a medically trained person and to b honest i dont see doctors unless im on deaths doorsteps.
I found i was allergic to alchohol SO I STOPPED DRINKING IT. No more issues caused by it.
Problem solved.
My rant for the day is now done. Lmfao

So anyone who enjoys vaping but have a reaction which could be solved with a little tweaking should quit?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I am looking out for your Health and am Offering Advice that is Common Sense. If you want to be defensive and argumentative than enjoy yourself, because I am done................

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
I am looking out for your Health and am Offering Advice that is Common Sense. If you want to be defensive and argumentative than enjoy yourself, because I am done................

Huh? i wasnt looking for an arguement. And how was that defensive and argumentative? the more i message on here the more i notice maybe its not me who needs advice. ill see myself out of this forum. cya

jay_19_78

Member For 1 Year
i better not put anything up, you steve will definately take offence, i know your type tough behind a keyboard ;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i better not put anything up, you steve will definately take offence, i know your type tough behind a keyboard ;)
I read through and haven't seen mention of how much nicotine you're using. If it's a higher mg nicotine and a subohm tank that could be the issue.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

So anyone who enjoys vaping but have a reaction which could be solved with a little tweaking should quit?
Glad you found vaping underground. Hope you figure shit out. I said my peace and now to be honest i could give a fuck and this is boring me. Jay u r a moran. And now i am out.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I read through and haven't seen mention of how much nicotine you're using. If it's a higher mg nicotine and a subohm tank that could be the issue.

I left a Link.. info on the nic.. @MrMeowgi

""Sold as 50ml bottles in a 0mg nicotine strength, they are fantastic for every level of vaping fanatic but with every purchase, we send you free nicotine shots to enable you to add, shake and vape their intense flavours as a 3mg delight.""

so it really isnt high nic.. unless he has added even more nic.. looks like sub ohm juice.. not mtl..

@jay_19_78 Please if you can think of anything else I might have missed, the more info you can give, the better off someone here might!! be able to figure it out. Fevers are normally a sign of infection etc.. for you to think it has something to do with vaping, and that the pg level is too high, it's just not making any sense here.. Environment, work environment and home, people you have been in contact with, or just not being clean with your set up, anything could be the culprit here.. it's super hard to tell you yes it is the pg here.. when I or anyone else can not see what exactly is going on..

Im not picking on you, its just lack of info.. if you can get more detail...

and for those of you jumping into the thread and calling names, really?? damn... your mamas should have taught you to be better than this. or at least if you aint got anything nice to say, keep your fingers from flapping! You guys really are not helping. :(

@jay_19_78 can you go find other juice, different maker different flavors or something and see if it happens with those? Perhaps the batches you are vaping on has something else in it that was contaminated or?? just a thought.

VU Sponsors