Become a Patron!

Problem with SS back

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got away from using Stainless Steel coils before because they seemed to make me cough a lot. I really never figured out what the issue was but I could use the same setup and juice with Kanthal coils and I didn't have that issue. I gradually went back to using some Stainless coils and seemed to be doing okay when "Bam" it started happening again. I even started getting a heavy feeling in my chest. I rebuilt a couple of my tanks with Kanthal and I when I vaped them, I could tell an immediate difference in the feeling in my throat and absolutely no coughing. Does anyone else have a sensitivity to Stainless ? The heavy feeling in my chest is better but not completely gone but I think it will probably clear up after a few days if I stay with the Kanthal. I have eliminated by trial and error all the other variables that could be causing this issue and it is definitely the SS coils.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Maybe try some wire from different places? Advanced Vape Supply is inexpensive enough give a trial run and their stuff is great.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will probably just stick to kanthal for a while and see if I have any more problems. I am not unhappy with them but prefer to use TC in my squonker.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once I started using SS316L I stopped using anything else and wish I could give the answer to the problem in a flash. At least with my builds and most of my TC factory coils. Still have many Kanthal coils but for my builds never use anything but SS316 now.

VU Sponsors