Become a Patron!

problems replying to threads

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About 3-4 days ago, I started having problems replying to threads. When you click on the box, nothing happens. If I try to post a thread, I can put the name in, but in the box with the actual message you type, it is blank, and you cannot type a message. I can like a post. I can type a message in my status. If you hit preview, same thing. This is most of the time, since it initially happened. So today, when I tried to reply, it would let me. That is when I knew I better type a help message, before I was silenced again. This is very strange. I have been on many many many forums, and I've NEVER had this problem before. I also tried to post from another browser. The same thing was happening there. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it? :(

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a problem a few months ago.
I was able to log in but I could not interact on the forum. I could not post, couldn't like a post.
But I was able to respond to the PMs that I had already going. But I could not start a new PM.
It was very frustrating.
What I ended up doing was setting up a new email address for my VU account. That seemed to fix the issue
I wish I could help you out in some way. But it is a total mystery to me as well.
Best of luck.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About 3-4 days ago, I started having problems replying to threads. When you click on the box, nothing happens. If I try to post a thread, I can put the name in, but in the box with the actual message you type, it is blank, and you cannot type a message. I can like a post. I can type a message in my status. If you hit preview, same thing. This is most of the time, since it initially happened. So today, when I tried to reply, it would let me. That is when I knew I better type a help message, before I was silenced again. This is very strange. I have been on many many many forums, and I've NEVER had this problem before. I also tried to post from another browser. The same thing was happening there. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it? :(
Do you stay signed in all the time? sometimes things straighten out if you log out and log back in again, If this continues Pm one of the admins and they can check into it if this is still happening .

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I had that happen to me a day or so ago.

I logged out of the forum, then closed the tab.

Then I returned via a Google link, signed in and all was well.

IMHO, just a minor glitch.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do stay signed in most of the time. But now and then, for whatever reason, I am signed out. So then I sign in again. I don't know what has changed recently. I have not changed my email, or settings. I will try what helped some people here, and HOPE it doesn't happen again. Thank you all for your quick responses. You don't know how much I appreciate that. :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried using the Tapatalk app?
Installed it and love it. Makes replying to a post fast and easy using the quick reply bar at the bottom of the page..I use it not only for this forum but for three others as well.
Have all four on the Tapatalk homepage.
You can customise it and subscribe to followed threads..PM's are very easy too....makes posting a pic a snap! ...if you haven't already I suggest checking it out...

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If that is an app for a phone, I can't get it. I just have a basic cell phone, with no internet.

Have you tried using the Tapatalk app?
Installed it and love it. Makes replying to a post fast and easy using the quick reply bar at the bottom of the page..I use it not only for this forum but for three others as well.
Have all four on the Tapatalk homepage.
You can customise it and subscribe to followed threads..PM's are very easy too....makes posting a pic a snap! ...if you haven't already I suggest checking it out...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that is an app for a phone, I can't get it. I just have a basic cell phone, with no internet.
Yeah, I guess that would be sorta hard..
Tapatalk is a free app on Google play.
Might not be able to download it without a data plan, but can't say for sure.

VU Sponsors