Profile mesh RDA ... Is the hype real ?

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by schondar, Oct 3, 2019.

1. schondar

schondar Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm looking for another RDA for sqounking and or dripping. Are these RDA’s really that good ?
    Thanks all

2. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    i love mine as a sqounk or dripper but i squonk more. Each have there wicking slightly different. i love my Sqounk in TC and my dripper wattage.

MrMeowgi likes this.
  3. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I love profile rda. Get the wicking right and it's a wonderful vape

4. schondar

Blog Posts:
    How do you wick different ? I have the profile RTA.... Is it different then that ?

5. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    pretty much the same

6. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm one of the few anti Profiles. Not that they are bad products, but i was either too impatient or too stupid. Never coils get it right. Standard coils are just easier for me.

gsmit1 and MrMeowgi like this.
  7. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    They're pretty nice once you learn how to use them properly. I'm guessing not many got the best out of it on their first try. Wicking it correctly takes practice.

DonBaldy likes this.
  8. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    for me the RDA needs more cotton as a dripper as a squonker i can get away with less. Each juice for me requires a different wicking mostly due to the viscosity

DonBaldy likes this.
  9. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    In a word,YES

10. Mechanical king

Mechanical king Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    20191003_150527.jpg
    Best rta I've ever owned honestly. Huge cloud production and amazing flavor
    Edit: meant to add if it's this amazing as an rta I would be willing to bet the rda is even better flavor wise

11. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    i love mine, i have both. flavor about the same for me. i don't hit either of them hard, and i think that maybe the hard hitters are the ones with problems, idk, just say'n.
    20190826_114308.jpg

gsmit1 likes this.
  12. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have 5 of them, all on squonks. It's the only RDA I use, everything has been put into their boxes. Once you figure out how to set them up, it's very simple. I use Rayon in all of them, the only variation is I'll use either 200 SS mesh or Ni80 mesh.

Now the Unity, on the other hand, is a colossal pain in my ass.

13. schondar

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for all your info guys.. It's appreciated... I'm probably going to pick one up... Stocking up on things just incase this vape Ban shit keeps getting worse.... Really thank you

Jinx'd likes this.
  14. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    a close second mesh RTA is the kylin m (top air flow less prone to leaking less cotton trimming but will still take a few attempts to get just right) i have had great flavor from this even on burning cotton took a whole tank and the cotton was needing replaced but did not taste one speck of burnt. so there is that

Jinx'd likes this.
  15. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    The only rda I use anymore, excellent flavor and it takes a long time before needing rewicking/rebuilding. Being the lazy SOB I am the latter really appeals to me but flavor is most important and this rda is bar none top of the heap.

Jinx'd and bobnat like this.
  16. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm the same. The longer I vape, the less I want to fiddle around with everything. The Profile helps me achieve that goal.

Jinx'd and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  17. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    it really does "keep on tick'n". the RTA is the same for me.

18. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    i can say im liking the kylin-m a bit more now that i have found what works for me. 3x firebolt cotton 2 top one bottom
    cut the bottom similar to the profile in squonk. then its just a matter of cuttin the remaining cotton to just damm the wicking port and not pack into it. keeps up with my vape style nicely so far 3 full tanks not a bad vape yet. it can be a bit of a wet vape at first on each fill but ten it is gravy all thur it.

19. 82khali

82khali New Member

Blog Posts:
    Profile RDA no hype the flavour is amazing, its with me all the time I have it on a topside dual.

Some YouTubers don't give it the respect as they want to push their own Products.

20. mimöschen

mimöschen New Member

Blog Posts:
    The flavor this RDA delivers is very, very good, but there are RDAs, like the TM24 Pro or Azeroth for example, that are even better.
    The Profile is lacking big time in the warmth department though.
    So if you like a warm vape, just like I do, the Profile might not be for you.

21. 516_vaper_li

516_vaper_li Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Love the profile, mainly use it for squonking. Prefer a beefy coil over the mesh.
    IMG_2341.jpg

MrMeowgi likes this.
  22. 82khali

82khali New Member

Blog Posts:
    I always wondered what its like on clapton coils, what size coil you have there and what is it like for flavour, my local vape shop advised me its not worth trying a wire coil as its predominately a mesh rda due to the spring.

apologies in advance for hijacking the thread.

23. 516_vaper_li

516_vaper_li Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    some sort of parallel build. I don't really remember. The flavor that I experience could be different than yours.