Become a Patron!

Propaganda victim....

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
I went to dinner with my brother last night, who I have not seen in several years. He is a lifelong smoker, nearly 50 years. He said something about going outside for a smoke, and I commented what a shame it was I had to go outside to vape. He unloaded on me about how vaping was bigger killer than smoking. He knew because he had seen doctors on TV! I tried to explain to him that the vapor from my vape was at least 95% safer than smoking. He told me how I had been duped! That there were chemicals in it that were pure poison. I tried to tell him that I make my own juice and read the guaranteed chemical analysis (I know what I am reading too, I have worked mixing industrial chemicals) to verify there were no hazardous chemicals in any of my ingredients. He never let me finish. He shut me down and told me how deluded I was and how much better off he is smoking than I am vaping. You know, I am sorry. It should be criminal to air this kind of propaganda against a potentially lifesaving technology. If I had not quit smoking when I did, it is likely I would be dead. When I quit, my Blood Oxygen Saturation had not been measured at higher than 87% in over a year. Within 6mo, my SpO2 was up to 99%... The same as an average non-smoking adult. My own doctor tells me I saved my life. I won't kid you that after 50 years of smoking there was no damage. I know I have lost capacity, but at least what I have left works better than can be expected. It is sad my brother won't even look at it as an alternative that could save his life because some idiot talking head said so....
Dave

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow - what a tragic, terrible shame

Send him a copy of the "A Billion Lives" documentary

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well Dave, at least you can be grateful that you yourself were willing to ask questions and educate yourself about it -- just the inspiration to do that is a gift from god, or the universe, or your karma, call it whatever it appears to you, I'm sure of it, as well as the ability to look beyond the "mass media", the propaganda as you so rightly name it, and find more of the truth for yourself. Truth is for those who really want it -- people with raging addictions generally don't want it; there has to be a motivation to do something about the addiction rather than merely accept. Kudos to you for all that, and I agree, it's sad about your brother, but you know what they say about leading horses to water. Sometimes the bastids just ain't thirsty. :D Maybe as time goes by, and you keep vaping and keep getting healthier, you can be a living testimonial, to your brother or any other hopelessly addicted smokers you encounter. All you can do is plant acorns. Some grow... most don't. That's no reason to stop planting them. ;)

Andria

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear this, Dave....hopefully you can email him some real studies done proving differently.
I wish I could... Unfortunately, my two younger brothers must have had cotton in their ears when my parents cautioned us to question everything (they were "Depression Kids", imagine that)... Both of my younger brothers are willfully "computer illiterate". I have no clue what happened, my other brother (there are 4 of us, from 59 - 62) is an IT pro, and I have done IT myself. Anyway, his mind is closed tighter than Tupperware.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People will always believe what they want to believe, and they will just continue to selectively pick out facts that compliments their own current train of thought. You can provide them all sorts of data, but it won't do any good until they have decided to be more open to the subject themselves.

VU Sponsors