Become a Patron!

Pro's and Cons about the Joyetech Evic VT Starter Kit (Ego One Mega)

I for one was waiting and saving for this device ever since it came out. Good priced kit for VT but i already have a few vapes, I don't like to spend money on new ones that often. When i first got it, I felt like I was meeting a celebrity I liked for the first time, but obviously a lot less star struck. I was using the nickel coil and had no problems, the only problem i had was the ejuice i was using because it left a weird feeling in the throat, but little did i know... Anyway i loved the VT setting because it was my first time ever using it and it was a way cooler vape than my typical VW mode. i like the idea of not feeling it going down and seeing it when it comes out

Fast forward to now, I've had this kit for almost a month and I've noticed some pros and cons about it.

Before i begin, 95% of my cons are with the tank. its really only one con but its a HUGE one.

This kit has an amazing look. It's really something you're proud to take out of the house or show off to your friends. It is absolutely GORGEOUS. The VT Setting is amazing for those of you just starting to get into sub ohm vaping and the fact that the tank comes with not one but two VT coils made of both VT metals is astonishing. The Ohm reader is incredibly accurate to me but keep in mind that i don't have a legit Ohm reader to test it. It's very easy to use but a little difficult to get used to at first.

Now for the cons. My one con about the device itself is the adjustment dial. It's a good concept and makes using the device very smooth but my one concern is if you have a leaking issue (The irony is coming) and it leaks into that dial, you're virtually screwed. Now the dial is sealed off if I'm not mistaken but it doesn't mean the dial won't gain drag if it were to happen. Not to mention the dial is spring loaded, spring loaded things usually have issues sooner or later.. Also when i first got it, the dial was kind of scratchy when i turned it to the right but that's just my device, doesn't mean it will happen to all of them.

Now for the BIG one. The tank it comes with has an incredible leaking problem. That feeling in my throat was from the juice spitting into the back of it. Now when i used the nickel coil it was fine for a week or so and then started to spit very small amounts of ejuice. Once i changed it to the titanium coil, the issue really started to take off. I used the Ti coil for a day or so but decided i didn't like the Ejuice because it left me with that feeling in my throat so i dumped the ejuice (That was yesterday). Today i got my order of Vapetrik's Booby Nectar and put it into my Soooo amazing VT tank. As soon as i took the first puff, the tank was girgling and spitting. It literally sounded like that dude in the movie who keeps dry sipping his empty soda. So i fired it while blowing into the tank to de-flood it. When i was done i looked at the tank and a good stream of Ejuice shot out the side and got all over the device, almost getting into the dial (Luckily i saved it with a towel). I was royally pissed off and dissapointed. I was waiting to buy this kit for months and this happens. I put my Subtank nano on it, dumped the juice into the subtank and its working fine so don't worry, I have a working vape again.

Anyway that's not to say that it WILL happen to you but its something to consider. In my opinion, I would recommend buying the device without the tank and use it with a more respected tank like the Subtanks or an Aspire or even an RDA if the cons i listed about the device don't seem bad enough to turn you away. Like I said, the device itself is gorgeous but you could do with a better tank. I gave it 3 stars because The device itself deserves 5 but the tank deserves one.

I hope this helped you choose your next purchase and hopefully helped kill some time as well. Happy Vapin!

-Side Note: I originally wrote this as a review on MyVaporStore but it was too long.... so im posting it here. I need to vent somewhere right? :p

-Another Side Note: I'm sure some of you on this forum have had nothing but good experiences with the device/tank, this is just my experience. Please strain away from telling me that I'm wrong because I saw it with my own eyes. If you have advice to give me to prevent it from happening again or if you've had a similar experience please reply, I would love to know the tank wasn't a waste of money. Thanks All!

VU Sponsors