Protank II "No Airflow" fix?

CloudChaserDMV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Y'all,

I have a protank II and it doesn't have any airflow. I know this is a common problem. Is there any way to quickly fix it (temporarily, until my kangertech contollable airflow adapter comes in)?

Using it on a SmokTech Magneto & K101

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
not really and which afc did you get?
the v1 with a center screwing ring ala the fogger or the collared big holed one?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh that might fix the pt2 draw.
Until it arrives unless you really want to tap the base with like a 1/8th bit, it will be coffee stir straw and a golf ball.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using the head with the silicone gasket at the 510 pin? I found that the gasket compressed when I screwed it onto my MVP, thus cutting off the airflow completely.

I remember reading that you can shave down (VERY CAREFULLY!) the gasket with a razor so that when it compresses it won't squeeze out as much.

Issues like this are what made me move to rebuildables...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does your kanger protank II have the air grooves cut in the bottom of the 510 base that screws in to the connector on the rig?

I sometimes back off the tank about 1/4 to 1/2 turn off the bottom base (not too much you don't want to dump your juice) [usually turn it till I see the first tiny bubble float up in the juice]

Sometimes the coil doesn't seat all the way and when you screw the main tank down it crushes the coil down cutting off airflow

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The best improvement in airflow is hands down the Kanger V3 air flow controller...The breather holes in the 510 connection suck even when drilled out...the threads block incoming air once screwed down in to the 510 connector...

This is a protank 2 with the v3 air flow controller...They fit all the protank, protank 2 ...they are about 5 bucks plus shipping...These v3's are from the kanger genitanks...They are very precise in adjustment and work very well...these surpass the v1 and v2 version by a long shot.

Protank 2 with V3
20141227_080455.jpg

This is my protank 2 mini with the mini v3 air flow controller.
20150209_141259.jpg

The kanger EMOW tanks come standard with these as well.
20150130_174553.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors