Become a Patron!

Protect any DNA from failure, easy 10 cents

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every DNA board from 20 up has a slight issue. If you might get juice in the USB port. Say never me but never know. Better safe than sorry? Many other Mods, soak the USB in juice and fine. So, the remedy. All over the net there are "micro USB dust protectors". they average 10 cents. I never post here just nothing to say. This is thought was of value. Why take the chance? They are discreet too.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every DNA board from 20 up has a slight issue. If you might get juice in the USB port. Say never me but never know. Better safe than sorry? Many other Mods, soak the USB in juice and fine. So, the remedy. All over the net there are "micro USB dust protectors". they average 10 cents. I never post here just nothing to say. This is thought was of value. Why take the chance? They are discreet too.
It's less about e-juice in the 510 is more about Chinese Junk...... I don't care how nice is a chip if you stick it in crap.....

That's why I got an American box made here in Mesa Arizona.....

A Broscience Vapes DNA 250c..... Dump juice in it and the 510 is siliconed to keep juice from flowing into the mod....

4s Lipo and fires anything above .05 ohms. It quits Workin in the future I send it in and get a new one...... Within 2 days.....

Replacement panels in every color..... It went from a DNA 200 to DNA 250 and Now a DNA 250c..... Using the same box...... It holds up to 30mm without overhang......

And it's aircraft Aluminum paper light..... And balance charger in the mod....no taking out lipos and crap.....

I have so many DNA 250 mods that are history (VT250, Triade 250 Hcigar DNA 250) they fell apart ..... And what amount of mods I have thrown away, I just throw them in the trash...... China junk can't fix crap .... Yihi mods have been good to me.... But they are a different league.......

Thanks for the post and trying to give useful information......
fdf8ef22f8705aac68ed58d506ab9bc4.jpg
8aa7a490f53ca7722893f86afab04a04.jpg
28bce1c72a7fde5842687fd7c6b31884.jpg
8869c9198c0a412cbd13b3542b1ed2e0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, you and I always agreed on this. Bottom line, Chinese junk. Horrid quality. It is the board though as the USB is on the board. However any company worth Goat nuts should pot that Mofo in silicone. See that is just the crap you do not get with Chinese. The extra stuff makes the difference. I knew a crane operator that always cut corners. Now in prison for his "accident". Plus seriously do you really want these LI-Ion or LIPO in your face driven by something of dubious quality?

It is funny come to think of it all my USA customs do not have this issue. Like Manny said potted in silicone. For the rest of you I honestly understand about budgets. Just get the plug. I still worry if a 510 or cap shorts on those batteries. Manny you can plainly see the difference in your pic to like a Paranormal. You have to be fair though it is like you drive a Mercedes to someone with 10 year old Chevy. I am pretty sure if everyone could get that they would. I prefer like Carlos Creation and Top Hat ETC. They are not DNA however. There is no actual reason a Mod must be DNA. We are speaking of multi thousand dollar Mods too.

Dang Manny, that is the price of a Paranormal. I thought that was like over a Grand. Like Vicious Ant(also not DNA). If one was going to get a $200 Chinese DNA250C Mod they would be crazy not to buy something like that. Yes, lipo but it is better in fact. A little big? I have bigger Mods. Not as fancy as Chinese ones? Come on. In all aspects of my life performance over aesthetics. If one is looking at Chinese Mod mass produced the same money on DNA250C you would be bananas not to buy something like Manny has there.

I am going to get one right now. don't need it but I like the internals. I lived in Maricopa county. Sweet place in Mountains.

I am sorry this went here again but let's not mince words. a $30-$50 mod might often be iffy. Actually it might be worse if made here. Since labor rate leaves no room for QC lol. That is not to say there are not wonderful Stabwood Mods made in China. By one man, not a huge factory with a dirt floor.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When custom mods come in something other than a square box, I’ll take a look.
Just not comfortable in my hand for any length of time.

VU Sponsors