https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so first they say that it is impossible to pull Anything more than 40w from a single 18650. Which started a huge argument between myself and another EE friend with some of the astrophysicists at prorape and their fans.
Now they have a 50w tube (single 18650) and a 60w box (single 18650)
I have the tube and it's nice for a 50w mod without tc, but a 60w Tupperware box?

I wonder what magic vape master Zen thinks since he told me it was impossible to do.
I also would love to hear a review on the 220$ 60w plastimod.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It'll be fine...
<----- I bring my own troll repellant spray!

Only thing I can say, other than "told you so" to the early ones who now have egg on their face, is THIS is what happens when you try to use pseudo-science and BS to try and defend your favorite company.

Life would have been a lot simpler if the fanboys would have said:
"Their company, their perrogative. If ya like it, buy it, if not, don't... As long as you are vaping and not smoking-- that is what matters!"

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh you sure know how to bring out the trolls, don't you.

Thanks buddy. :kickbutt:
Not to bring out the Prorape trolls- they have nothing to say.
Prorape just sold it's soul.

considering grandmaster Zen was certain that we were trying to defy the laws of physics through 'chinese math,' and hamster abuse.
It's hilarious that we were both banned for using electronic theory and practices to prove this very point.

All that's left now is for them to put out a dna75 mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You make it all sound so sinister!

makeup_80_anim_gif.gif

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll eat crow myself, and be a man of my word....if I see the right deal on one/I have some extra $$ laying around, I will get one

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thank the Lord that I didn't stick around ECF after I got my first Provari in '11, to get caught up in all that snobbery shit. Hell, my sig over there has a Provari banner that doesn't have a hyperlink for me to be able to remove.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll eat crow myself, and be a man of my word....if I see the right deal on one/I have some extra $$ laying around, I will get one
If they do a DNA I will get it- for the same reason
I can't do a 60w plastic box though for 220$

I thank the Lord that I didn't stick around ECF after I got my first Provari in '11, to get caught up in all that snobbery shit. Hell, my sig over there has a Provari banner that doesn't have a hyperlink for me to be able to remove.
Who are you there? Curious to see if you were around for the DMZ

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The plastic case don't bother me..I carry a $500 handgun built on a plastic frame.
For me it's the size weight thing that is nice. I'm already concealed carrying, plus add in my phone, a knife, flashlight, extra magazine, wallet and keys, shaving a few grams off he weight of a mod would be nice in some instances.

Have to get a better price, though. Can't justify $220 at the moment when I'm buying a new house in 2 months.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The plastic case don't bother me..I carry a $500 handgun built on a plastic frame.
For me it's the size weight thing that is nice. I'm already concealed carrying, plus add in my phone, a knife, flashlight, extra magazine, wallet and keys, shaving a few grams off he weight of a mod would be nice in some instances.

Have to get a better price, though. Can't justify $220 at the moment when I'm buying a new house in 2 months.
It's not the anti plastic, it's the anti 220$ for a Plastic underpowered mod, with a fucked up battery locking mechanism, and no tc

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Before anyone accuses me of bashing
I have the 50w tube, the p3 and a pair of the p2.5s

7A9C7F43-B652-46B5-9A86-772998B70A1C_zpsh7rriou4.jpg

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wait..... Bird, you didn't drop them a line on how they managed to get to the miracle level of 60w on a single 18650?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do I smell nickel temp control on the prorape horizon? lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They gave said SEVERAL times that until TC is an exact science they won't do it.
The line was that the current development of tc was not accurate enough for prorape standards,

And no I'm not getting the tupperbox mod

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never use TC. But a 60w mod that's plastic and costs 220? Sry. I'll spend 300 and get a stabilized wood one or less and get the SX Mini Q.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aren't they the same ones that use parts from the space shuttle and built a battle ready assault vape for soldiers? It's bigger and badder and it's camo, perfect for when you're deep in the bush. (oh btw, ignore the huge fuckin cloud that completely gives away your position). Now if they were half assed clever they'd come up with some sort of additive that creates colored vape clouds so you can use it for signaling instead of throwing smoke lmfao.

This is exactly the type of thing that hurts 'american made'. They go overboard with exotic sounding crap and ridiculous claims (like being a battle vape), then throw in 'made in america!' and charge way too much. My cheap china 'junk' mod does 75w in single battery mode, has tc, it's made of metal, updates and charges via usb just like theirs does. "oh but we have to ship it by truck" - umm, ok, mine came halfway around the world shipped by boat, plane, truck, some poor guy on a bicycle most likely.

Other b.s. like 'comes with a free samsung25r, a $12 value'. I didn't spend $12 for BOTH of my 25r's, don't lie and give us some 'value' crap. They need to give me a $50 off code, I viewed their site after I clicked the link - that was a $75 'value' (because I pulled some arbitrary figure out of my ass and assigned it).

Then there's this gem of bullshittery. - "Due to the process we use for coating the Muddy Girl, Snake Skin, Kryptech, and Skull design, they can vary in color and pattern. Each one is unique"
In other words our process isn't refined yet and our quality control and consistency is shit. Sure, we'll call it 'unique'

I'll give them the fact that their mods are a bit more customizable, not saying they're bad quality or anything. They're probably really nice but at 5-6x the prices of similar or more capable mods they damn well should be. It's the late night $19.95 but if you buy it now we'll double your order and the free tiny cloth for wiping smudges, that's a $35 value type attitude. Get real.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm with Synphul... and the rest of yas that think it's stupid to buy a plastic mod for $220. I just ordered this:

cf4-18650.jpg

Metal. 75W. Does TC (which I never use, but what the hey). Costs less than $42... I could buy FIVE of these and still save money! and it's Innokin, who may be a Chinese company, but make EXCELLENT quality mods, which can be dropped, stomped, driven over, etc, and STILL WORK. Because it's METAL. And not cheap flimsy crap either, like the kbox I dropped very softly inside my purse and it no longer worked.

Andria

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say to each his own. There is something for everyone out there. Everyone has different likes, needs and wants, not to mention different financial situations. Just cause I wouldn't buy something, it doesn't mean it's stupid or that the people that like it are. As long as it keeps you off cigarettes, that's all that really matters.

Cheers,
Steve

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is evil

It's called marketing to your fan base. The dorks who fought the basic math of electrical and battery theory were both ignorant and looking to market to their customer base. Now the proverbial cat is out of the bag and Provari looks to have just crapped on their customers by saying "gee, the math really does work now (that we can make money off of it)".

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I say to each his own. There is something for everyone out there. Everyone has different likes, needs and wants, not to mention different financial situations. Just cause I wouldn't buy something, it doesn't mean it's stupid or that the people that like it are. As long as it keeps you off cigarettes, that's all that really matters.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, I love ya like a brother, and you're right in theory.

If that thought only went both ways
It's called marketing to your fan base. The dorks who fought the basic math of electrical and battery theory were both ignorant and looking to market to their customer base. Now the proverbial cat is out of the bag and Provari looks to have just crapped on their customers by saying "gee, the math really does work now (that we can make money off of it)".
It's just funny that they can in one hand your and praise the "aerospace engineering" and say that doing 'x' is impossible.

Until the they get their financial testes in a vice and then it's 'oops' all the engineers that we banned were right.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I once sized a datacenter UPS for 28KVAH, the Manufacturers rep sized it at 11KVAH. Executive Management went with the cheaper option. I made it clear that I would not be responsible for any datacenter crashes due to that decision.

2 months later a Tornado hit the substation and the UPS drained before the Twin Diesel Generators spun up to speed and voltage.

I simply sent the executives back the email they sent absolving me of the decision AFTER the data center totally crashed due to a power outage.

The schmuck who sold the config? He moved to another state and new job with the company.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't saying that people who own provari's are stupid or anything or bashing them for spending money. To each their own on that. My issue was ok, a mercedes is nice but a mercedes is not an urban assault vehicle nor was it meant to be. There are no such things as 'battlefield chandeliers' as nice as any chandelier may be. Don't bullshit people. As for the battery bit, not really all too aware of all that back and forth but judging from the large market of 60-75w single 18650 mods out there a single battery is quite capable of more than 40w. I'm no electrical engineer but I have the internet and see them for sale. lol

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very disappointed with Provape. I'm not a fan boy as I own many different mods and am currently waiting for my Therion. But I also own the Radius. Part of the reason why I bought it was because it was updatable. Thinking that as Provape wanted to improve the functionality or maybe add new features like TC ,it would be available. But now they can do 60 Watts but you have to pay an extra 20 bucks? That's bull shit! Come on Provape. In the beginning you were setting the standards and leading the pack. But now you are totally out of touch with current standards and the wants and needs of the vaping community.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We know you're bashing @Synphul
And yes. They stopped leading the lack when the p3 came out.

It was a 200w mod that couldn't run an Atlantis.
That's the point that I found them ridiculous

Can the 40w be upgraded for 20$ or do you have to get the 60w radius?

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll just bide my time and pick up a Radius when they are $29.95 "blems". Probably around 8/7/2018. I will like it and feel that I got my money's worth.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We know you're bashing @Synphul
And yes. They stopped leading the lack when the p3 came out.

It was a 200w mod that couldn't run an Atlantis.
That's the point that I found them ridiculous

Can the 40w be upgraded for 20$ or do you have to get the 60w radius?

The $20.00 is an upgrade charge at the time of ordering.
I have read they are claiming there is a difference in hardware to get to 60W.
However, I have not seen that directly from the source.
It may or may not be true, but they would seriously anger their fan base if they charged $20.00 for a software upgrade only they said would be free.
It would be interesting to dissect the 2 versions to verify the difference, if any, in the hardware.
But I'm not interested enough to invest $420.00 to find out.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The $20.00 is an upgrade charge at the time of ordering.
I have read they are claiming there is a difference in hardware to get to 60W.
However, I have not seen that directly from the source.
It may or may not be true, but they would seriously anger their fan base if they charged $20.00 for a software upgrade only they said would be free.
It would be interesting to dissect the 2 versions to verify the difference, if any, in the hardware.
But I'm not interested enough to invest $420.00 to find out.
Cmon Doug! You can do it!!!

If there is a difference in hardware, you would think they would make that fucking battery door easier to open.. Even with mod that has good power management 60w will eat the runtime of a even a brown lg.
-and prorape loved to set a Hugh voltage limit to ensure multiple battery changes

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cmon Doug! You can do it!!!

If there is a difference in hardware, you would think they would make that fucking battery door easier to open.. Even with mod that has good power management 60w will eat the runtime of a even a brown lg.
-and prorape loved to set a Hugh voltage limit to ensure multiple battery changes

I wouldn't even buy 1 for $200.00, much less 2. I had to trade something I barely used to get one.
I perceive the Radius as a 40W Mod that was designed by and for 12.5W Vapers, as per the battery change feature.
Mount your little Kabuki; tootlepuff all day at 10-15W; plug it in at night; repeat.
But you can tell everybody it's 40W.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't even buy 1 for $200.00, much less 2. I had to trade something I barely used to get one.
I perceive the Radius as a 40W Mod that was designed by and for 12.5W Vapers, as per the battery change feature.
Mount your little Kabuki; tootlepuff all day at 10-15W; plug it in at night; repeat But you can tell everybody it's 40W.
the bukkake tank is something I can never understand. I can get paying 100 or even 200 dollars for some rebuildables. but not 100$ for a damn nautilus.
I do understand that tootlepuffers need love to; you are certainly correct in the analysis. So the 60w is there idea of going after cloud chasers? lol
the sxmini had a bunch of flack over the battery door. you would think aerospace engineers would have learned to think about the jugsaw puzzle.

I think bird just misses his old pal Astrocrap lol
.nothing he can say here. the mod in question just proves that I was right. He and Zen are both suffering from an intense case of footinmouth disease

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Through the magic of some type of mystical engineering, Zen took a coil that was crap and convinced people it wasn't crap and to pay $100.00+/- for the privilege of being duped.
It has to be magic, because mere mortal engineering could not accomplish such things.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Through the magic of some type of mystical engineering, Zen took a coil that was crap and convinced people it wasn't crap and to pay $100.00+/- for the privilege of being duped.
It has to be magic, because mere mortal engineering could not accomplish such things.
FUNNYB14.gif

GIF-Hamster-Eats-Carrots.gif
hamster3.gif

VU Sponsors