Become a Patron!

Provape going out of business!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get ready, it's the weekend Snake, we have parties to go to..
Have fun with your imaginary parties.I'll be spending the weekend fucking your mother's tight arse.
She needs her horizons expanded again it seems.I'm beginning to think she's addicted to my jizz.

Want 2 play some more?

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hell, I paid $89 plus shipping for a Kabuki for my mini, lol

That was one of the only tanks that went hand in hand w/ the Provari that I hadn't tried yet. Do you know if it came out before or after the Russian91% or KFL? I don't know how but I missed my opportunity to try it somehow.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That was one of the only tanks that went hand in hand w/ the Provari that I hadn't tried yet. Do you know if it came out before or after the Russian91% or KFL? I don't know how but I missed my opportunity to try it somehow.

@POSE Not that I'm encouraging this sort of behavior, but you can still get a Kabuki with P3 threads - at the full retail price. ~> http://www.provarifuel.com/category-s/116.htm

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think FT still has the 510 Kabuki clones. They are truly 1/1 - the only difference I found at the time was the center pin, one was a flat head, the other phillips. Can't remember which was which now.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah but... P3 threads. That was one major fail for Provape. In theory a good idea - that no one wanted all that much.
The p3 threading was one thing Prorape did right!
I really don't understand how that didn't take off. It's such a better connection between mod and atty all the way around.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but... P3 threads. That was one major fail for Provape. In theory a good idea - that no one wanted all that much.
In theory it makes sense.A wider more stable base to connect to gives you a better connection.Which means better energy conservation over time.Thus better battery life...Sigh too bad it would have to been as tall as it was wide to actually work.

Vision Without Execution is Hallucination - Thomas Edison.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't understand how that didn't take off. It's such a better connection between mod and atty all the way around.

See my post above...Cheers!

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yup. Almost like the American Made Products "Rig Pig" threads, no other atty's caught on to that either. The only other company that did make the P3 threads were Svoemesto but still.. it wasn't enough to keep the doors open and kids in college.

But..

Something I am seeing catch on are the BF 510's aka squanking pins.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. Almost like the American Made Products "Rig Pig" threads, no other atty's caught on to that either. The only other company that did make the P3 threads were Svoemesto but still.. it wasn't enough to keep the doors open and kids in college.

But..

Something I am seeing catch on are the BF 510's aka squanking pins.
Actually when the p3 just came out: house of hybrids, Kanger, aspire, typhoon and svoe all released p3 threaded toppers.

When the p3 was seen as the failure that it was, svoe and house of hybrids were all that remained.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually when the p3 just came out: house of hybrids, Kanger, aspire, typhoon and svoe all released p3 threaded toppers.

When the p3 was seen as the failure that it was, svoe and house of hybrids were all that remained.

Ooo.. mkae. I learned something new this morning.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have the KF5 P3 threading kit. It is a superior connector. Beefy....

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The sad thing is that if Provape would of put out a 50W version of the P3, it would of killed in the market.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The sad thing is that if Provape would of put out a 50W version of the P3, it would of killed in the market.
No kidding! If the Procyon was the p3, we would have a different conversation.
And, they may have changed the landscape with the p3 threading being more standardized.
Instead..... They committed career suicide.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've never owned a Provape product. Price is not what kept me away, nor lack of power. But the absurd single-button user interface, the uninformative 1975 vintage 7-segment LED display, the VV-only tech, and the tube-mod form-factor that required extension rings to use an 18650 sure did. I started vaping (and ditched a 2 PAD habit) in mid December of 2013 with eGo style stuff. A couple of weeks later, I had the first of several DNA20 mods.

Funny thing is, all my current gear is even lower tech than a Provari was then: Mechanical squonkers. Go figure.

Nonetheless, Provape's demise saddens me. It's just not a good sign when an iconic American manufacturer closes its doors.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

If only they could convince the market a 50W device was worth, say, $280.00

Once devices moved past eGo type battery clones with high failure rates and the game was on, Provapes price points in the marketplace were getting harder and harder to justify as time - and a market with better devices - advanced.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Larger threading to replace the "510" would be a welcome sight to the personal vaporizer market. A standard fine thread instead of an EXTRA fine thread would be nice too because it makes the threads deeper and more durable. Right now a 510 thread is a M7 x 0.5mm Thread. It would be nice if they just went to a M12 x 1.25mm thread. That would be a huge improvement. It would still be under 1/2 inch and lend itself to being more durable in the long run. Of course I have seen some magnetic connectors that are pretty nice too, but I still would like the threads better to ensure my tank doesn't just pop off of my mod. The "510" connection is the oldest and most outdated part of all new tanks and mods. It was the same thread used on the original "pen style" 510 kits I used to use 8 years ago. 110mah battery with little atomizers and cartridges. Does anyone remember the "tea bag" mod for the cartridges? If you do, you have been vaping a long time!!!! HAHA LOL :)

CV :)

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Larger threading to replace the "510" would be a welcome sight to the personal vaporizer market. A standard fine thread instead of an EXTRA fine thread would be nice too because it makes the threads deeper and more durable. Right now a 510 thread is a M7 x 0.5mm Thread. It would be nice if they just went to a M12 x 1.25mm thread. That would be a huge improvement. It would still be under 1/2 inch and lend itself to being more durable in the long run. Of course I have seen some magnetic connectors that are pretty nice too, but I still would like the threads better to ensure my tank doesn't just pop off of my mod. The "510" connection is the oldest and most outdated part of all new tanks and mods. It was the same thread used on the original "pen style" 510 kits I used to use 8 years ago. 110mah battery with little atomizers and cartridges. Does anyone remember the "tea bag" mod for the cartridges? If you do, you have been vaping a long time!!!! HAHA LOL :)

CV :)
Oh yes, tea bags, fish filter, and removing the polyfill to make it a cheap dripper atty

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Should be getting my radius 60w back from the repair shop this weekend.
The board drowned in ejuice.
That's the only mod I've owned to have such a death

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If anyone is interested, I posted a cabernet radius with kabuki tank in the trades section, looking to trade for a procyon :)

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if there is a repair service for Provari products and if so who? I have a Radius that works just fine but the LED went out so I cannot see the screen. When doing a search all I can come up with is a guy named William Beasley. Is he legit?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They had a guy that stuck aroun to service them for a few months.

Not sure if he’s still doing it though.

Your best bet would be to check over in their old sub at ecf.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember trying to decide between a Provari and a Darwin, but pre-ordered an Eclipse EQ instead.

Ended up with none of the above, and couldn't be happier that I didn't piss away hundreds on what quickly became obsolete junk.

I do find it funny that back in the day almost everyone gave the nod to the Provari over the Darwin. So much so that Evolv decided to abandon the idea of building their own mods and focused on providing chipsets to producers. Provape just rested on their laurels, all the while assuming their rabid fanbase would continue to purchase their overpriced archaic hardware.

Adapt or die. Provape made their choice. Good riddance.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember trying to decide between a Provari and a Darwin, but pre-ordered an Eclipse EQ instead.

Ended up with none of the above, and couldn't be happier that I didn't piss away hundreds on what quickly became obsolete junk.

I do find it funny that back in the day almost everyone gave the nod to the Provari over the Darwin. So much so that Evolv decided to abandon the idea of building their own mods and focused on providing chipsets to producers. Provape just rested on their laurels, all the while assuming their rabid fanbase would continue to purchase their overpriced archaic hardware.

Adapt or die. Provape made their choice. Good riddance.
Finally somebody else gets it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally somebody else gets it.
I get it...
I just don’t wanna dance on the grave of the mod company that got me off smokes.

The 60w radius and he Procyon were both Hail Mary’s to try and become solvent. They were just way to deep in the red. Both of those mods were fantastic! I don’t think the fanboys did them any favors either.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is deja vu all over again!

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
LOL! Damn, I just sought help in finding a repairman for my Radius. Did not and never have promoted or advocated Provape at all, much less argue their supremacy to everything else. Sorry I scratched open someone's boils! I feel like I just ordered a steak in a vegan restaurant. I think people on both sides of this argument are a little thin skinned and should just relax and enjoy the vape of your choice. I have never understood the fanboy or "woman scorned" attitude to vape ware. Both sides seen to suffer from a "holier than thou" complex. Did a P3 rape your mother or something?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL! Damn, I just sought help in finding a repairman for my Radius. Did not and never have promoted or advocated Provape at all, much less argue their supremacy to everything else. Sorry I scratched open someone's boils! I feel like I just ordered a steak in a vegan restaurant. I think people on both sides of this argument are a little thin skinned and should just relax and enjoy the vape of your choice. I have never understood the fanboy or "woman scorned" attitude to vape ware. Both sides seen to suffer from a "holier than thou" complex. Did a P3 rape your mother or something?

Well said :giggle:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, Provape raped their customers... Yourself included. Then the industry fucked them to death.

Good luck getting your mod fixed. You're gonna need it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:deadhorse:

So the issue at hand...
I found this
[email protected]

The gentleman’s name is Bill.

Not sure if he’s still servicing the mods or not; but, hopefully it’s useful for you.

Don’t worry about what anyone says... you quit smoking to vape, that’s all that matters. If you like your mod, and it’s what you use to not smoke, than don’t worry about anyone else’s need to try being an internet bully.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A simple singular comment on the matter hardly qualifies as either, but again, best wishes on repairing your paperweight.

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
5-years ago I got a 2.5, then a P3, then 2- 40W radius mods...been using the Radius mods exclusively for 4-years with no issues and not a problem with either and haven't had cig since I quit.....can't buy spare parts any more but I bought the mods because they had a rep for being reliable and they have been....worth every penny spent and am happy for their product and had nothing to do with fan boy crap...money well spent obviously...

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
A simple singular comment on the matter hardly qualifies as either, but again, best wishes on repairing your paperweight.
Just can't let it go can you? Your initial contribution to my request for help was not helpful or relevant. It was simply an opportunity for you to vent on a product about which you apparently have an emotional connection of some kind. I have tried sub ohm vaping and producing clouds of vaper and found neither to appeal to me. But when a practitioner of one or both of those vaping styles needs help I don't feel a compulsion to chime in with nothing but derision about their vaping choices. So, yes, irrational and obsessive.

VU Sponsors