ProVari Radius

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What? You can't handle a dose of your own medicine? You keep following moderators around and trolling everyone else's posts, but you wanna cry foul when people come back and post in your area?
No, Not Really, I am glad yer here...

Thanks!!!

Jim

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah Huck, its the most action a prorape thread has had here since the released the plasticman special
Keepin it at the Top FB...

Thanks Bro!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh well... i guess we'll have to miss you when you go back to ecf where you belong

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh goody goody gumdrops! a fresh troll

I don't have any dogs in this Provari race. BUT, I just want to toss out there. I do tech support for the biggest Wireless carrier in the country.. *cough* Big Red *cough*. And like a few others said.. these are electronic devices mass produced. I see cell phones from EVERY manufacturer that fail. That's all I deal in every day.. failed phones. I get non stop calls of "I just got this iphone 6s plus 128gb, and it cost me 1000 dollars, and I've only had it 2 months and now it doesn't work...blah blah blah...this shouldn't break, I paid for it not to break.. blah blah blah"

Ya know what sir... your paying for an electronic device made in a factory to the lowest bidders. This happens. Here Apple has a 1 year warranty, and yes.. they are going to send you a refurbished device for your 2 month old device, your making monthly payments on and still owe 22 more months on. It's the way this business works.

Long story short... if you want a status symbol... more power to you. Not going to fault you for it. I like certain nice things to. But just don't cry when your electronic device breaks and you need it repaired is all I'm saying. It happens. Deal with it.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL @ this thread..

I have the Radius and it's a fantastic mod.. I have some very high end gear and for a mass produced device, the Radius is stellar!

Not everyone needs to buy a DNA 200 to vape at 20W. Not everyone cares about temp control and not everyone wants to buy a clone..

Some never need to go over 40W, some (me) never need to go over 25W.. I know, I know I'm an idiot! I should have bought a DNA 200 so I can vape at 14W and never use temp control.

These hate threads and posts are laughable! Guess what, I just got a Billet Box rev 4 and oh my lord, it has a DNA 40 in it.. WTF? Who the hell would pay $265 for a DNA 40? WTF?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

Sure I can blow $200 on a DNA 200 if I want to impress someone by blowing clouds at a vape shop = PASS but I'd rather just vape and for me that @ about 1.6 ohms and 14W..

To each their own I guess but the hate is pretty strong in this thread..

Buy what you want and not what other try and force and pressure you into. I bought the Radius and it's a fantastic mod if you don't go over 40W and you don't need or care about temp control..

If you are looking to impress people with numbers, stats and specs, then it's NOT for you..

My .02

My Radius with Kabuki P3

upload_2016-4-10_9-3-32-png.46817

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you wish to discuss the mod like adults or act like baby chimps slinging poop at each other?

If it's a discussion then I am game but if it's poop slinging then sorry, I'm not interested..

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't see the need for popcorn as like I said, I'm not interested in baby chimp poop slinging..

Why do others care what and how people vape?? It amazes me honestly. Why not vape what you want and let others vape what they want without putting down their decision and choices?

Oh well, I'll toss on my anti-poop mask and see how much gets thrown. Based on the previous posts in this thread, I assume it will be a lot! LOL

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Don't see the need for popcorn as like I said, I'm not interested in baby chimp poop slinging..

Why do others care what and how people vape?? It amazes me honestly. Why not vape what you want and let others vape what they want without putting down their decision and choices?

Oh well, I'll toss on my anti-poop mask and see how much gets thrown. Based on the previous posts in this thread, I assume it will be a lot! LOL
I'm in complete agreement with you. What I like and what works for me, may not be anything like what you like and works for you. In the end though we are both still vaping.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in complete agreement with you. What I like and what works for me, may not be anything like what you like and works for you. In the end though we are both still vaping.
Yup!

When I started vaping in 2009 3 ohms was considered low and there were very few options. Heck to get 5V you needed a pass through that plugged into a wall or double stack batteries (kaboom!).. I guess over the years the way I vape has not changed. Right now I have a 2,1 ohm BVC in my Billet Box and I'm vaping it at 12 watts... On my Radius I have a Aspire coil @ 1.8 ohms I believe in the Kabuki..

I like the Radius! It's well made, feels great in the hand, killer warranty, awesome support from ProVape and it's loaded with safety features. Sure it's not for everyone but for me it's overkill. I come nowhere even close to 40W and I never use temp control.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL @ this thread..

I have the Radius and it's a fantastic mod.. I have some very high end gear and for a mass produced device, the Radius is stellar!

Not everyone needs to buy a DNA 200 to vape at 20W. Not everyone cares about temp control and not everyone wants to buy a clone..

Some never need to go over 40W, some (me) never need to go over 25W.. I know, I know I'm an idiot! I should have bought a DNA 200 so I can vape at 14W and never use temp control.

These hate threads and posts are laughable! Guess what, I just got a Billet Box rev 4 and oh my lord, it has a DNA 40 in it.. WTF? Who the hell would pay $265 for a DNA 40? WTF?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

Sure I can blow $200 on a DNA 200 if I want to impress someone by blowing clouds at a vape shop = PASS but I'd rather just vape and for me that @ about 1.6 ohms and 14W..

To each their own I guess but the hate is pretty strong in this thread..

Buy what you want and not what other try and force and pressure you into. I bought the Radius and it's a fantastic mod if you don't go over 40W and you don't need or care about temp control..

If you are looking to impress people with numbers, stats and specs, then it's NOT for you..

My .02

My Radius with Kabuki P3

upload_2016-4-10_9-3-32-png.46817
That's a good looking setup

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see he is still running around posting childish stuff in every thread.. Oy veh, thought I had him blocked..

Edit: WTF? You are a moderator now? Wow!

Guess my time here is now complete, carry on and peace owt!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
have fun raqball! nice to see you again :wave:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you whiskey!

Having any particular nicotine delivery device makes no one any better than anyone else.

I hope the silly bullshit from all sides can fucking stop at some point.

-cue AstroTurf to have another smart ass response. he can see we can troll him just as well as he trolls us. Hopefully he is finally done and can be a productive member should he opt to stick around.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so I take it that since youre back to trolling other people that don't want to hear from you, that you've decided to be VU's troll.
that's cool, youre not with the expended energy .
but maybe if you watch this you will see the point and understand why your trolling and narcissistic need for attention will go ignored. I tried to make this very point myself in this thread MANY TIMES. Perhaps he can articulate better.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so I take it that since youre back to trolling other people that don't want to hear from you, that you've decided to be VU's troll.
that's cool, youre not with the expended energy .
but maybe if you watch this you will see the point and understand why your trolling and narcissistic need for attention will go ignored. I tried to make this very point myself in this thread MANY TIMES. Perhaps he can articulate better.

And heres one for you fb...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fand thank you astroturd.. that's a great song and a very talented group of musicians.
no please make your one more post because someone said something
Encore!!!

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to get things back on track : the very first thing I think usually when I see a Provape mod is "Wow that's a nice looking mod" but the second thing I think is "OMG they want HOW much for that 40w mod?". In essence their prices get me tuned right out very fast. And I honestly don't care how great their customer service is. But more power to you folks that love em(well in a manner of speaking that is). Vape on!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just to get things back on track : the very first thing I think usually when I see a Provape mod is "Wow that's a nice looking mod" but the second thing I think is "OMG they want HOW much for that 40w mod?". In essence their prices get me tuned right out very fast. And I honestly don't care how great their customer service is. But more power to you folks that love em(well in a manner of speaking that is). Vape on!

I have to disagree with you on that comment, the amount of power shouldn't reflect the price, and plenty of people didn't mind paying $200 for a DNA 40 device, and yes it is old now, but even now some DNA 40 mods go for $160 or even more, look at the billet box for example, I never vape over 40 watts, normally 35 watts or below, so it doesn't matter if the mods does 40 or 500 watts, I will still vape at 35 watts :)

Now I am far from provape groupie, I did have a radius, but I actually sold mine, liked the finish and look of it, and it performed awesome, except battery life, at 35 watts, battery didn't last long, normally got 3 mods next to me, and the radius was always out of battery way before the other 2.

Just seen that comment before, and just putting in my 2c's :)

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To each their own. I vape at 25w to 100w. I'm still not going to pay $200 for a 40w mod. It's not happening.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'd pay $200 (if I had it to spend) for the right 40 watt mod. From what I have seen of Provape over the years, the Radius might end up being worth the money, although you'd have a better time convincing me it was if it were made out of something other than plastic. The Provari has a reputation for being damn near indestructible due to it's solid construction, I don't believe a plastic mod will ever enjoy that kind of reputation regardless of who built it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to disagree with you on that comment, the amount of power shouldn't reflect the price, and plenty of people didn't mind paying $200 for a DNA 40 device, and yes it is old now, but even now some DNA 40 mods go for $160 or even more, look at the billet box for example, I never vape over 40 watts, normally 35 watts or below, so it doesn't matter if the mods does 40 or 500 watts, I will still vape at 35 watts :)

Now I am far from provape groupie, I did have a radius, but I actually sold mine, liked the finish and look of it, and it performed awesome, except battery life, at 35 watts, battery didn't last long, normally got 3 mods next to me, and the radius was always out of battery way before the other 2.

Just seen that comment before, and just putting in my 2c's :)
This is true. Once you move into a hobbyist range and end up collecting pieces a couple hundred is not uncommon at all. Another aspect is that many dna40 in the collector bracket have a rrp of $500+ and get flipped for much more until their popularity fizzle out, but I am seeing that a lot of single batt sought after devices are making a transition to the sx350j board because it offers a little bit more power. I also see once sought after dna30 devices still bring in a few hundred + in the private market.

Buy what you like, and for me it is little concern if someone (other than my wife) does not approve of my purchase.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just it. I'm not a hobbyist. I vape to keep me tobacco free. 3 years now. I purchase mods when I wear one out. Don't go too much for status. I build and drip, use a tank or an RTA when I drive and just keep vaping. Plenty of decent mods out there that get the job done for way less than 2 bills.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
That's just it. I'm not a hobbyist. I vape to keep me tobacco free. 3 years now. I purchase mods when I wear one out. Don't go too much for status. I build and drip, use a tank or an RTA when I drive and just keep vaping. Plenty of decent mods out there that get the job done for way less than 2 bills.

There are definitely different types of vapers, predominantly collectors, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and ex-smokers (although the lines are grey between the groups). I'm predominantly in the ex-smoker group, but also in the enthusiast, hobbyist and collector groups. I'm an enthusiast and hobbyist by my desire to find the perfect device, collector by accident as I bought a Launch Day Edition of the ZNA as a gift to myself for making it a full year without a cigarette. For the most part though, vaping is a nicotine delivery system and almost any mod will work for that.

VU Sponsors