Become a Patron!

Provari Story...... 24 hours underwater.....works fine.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alot of us always wanted one a few years ago and some of us got them and loved them......and I, like many of you, have gone on to other things like mechs and super duper High watt mods. With that said......

Just wanted to tell you the shit this two year old Provari went through this past week.

I gave my daughter two of my old 2.5 Provari's simply because shes very rough on shit and they dont get used as much as they used to and they are idiot proof.

Well, on Thanksgiving morning my family ate a light breakfast and then we were making dishes of all sorts to go to the relatives house's ( two thanksgivings dinners lol )

My dughter misplaced one of her Provari's and franticly searched for it but we had to go. I lent her an old stingray with a tugboat on it........ I had my mods in tow as well as my wife and off we went.

We got back late and went to bed. THE NEXT MORNING ( 24 hours later) we drained the sink and there it was in the bottom of a filled up sink, underwater for all that time....dishwashing detergent and all sorts of nasty ass baking shit.

We simply took out the battery, rinsed it out and laid it on the counter. I told her that she could send it back to Provape if she wanted to pay for them to fix it cause I figured the chip would be fried....... or she could buy something else.

We forgot about it until today and she puts a battery in it and fires it up and it works just like it always had and didnt miss a beat.

Im not selling Provape, but I just wanted to say.......AINT THAT SOME SHIT ??

Yall have heard me say I wouldnt buy the new one due to the price and they didnt go far enough with wattage........ but this is something to consider. I ve dropped mine in Glasses of MIO Drink and Ice tea before but got them out quickly...... been in my pocket while getting lightly wet in the surf.....but got it out quickly.........and im not saying its waterproof, but I dont have one mod ( VV/VW) that I think would ever survive that kind of abuse.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 2.5 weathered a deluge last year, left it on the deck after a dinner party and later on it poured rain for a night and a day. Afterwards, dried it off, changed the battery and vaped it. Something has to be said for a PV that can to that as well as being drown in icky sink water and still fire up.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll take that one. I'll take better care of it. :)

Awesome story Tball!

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Seriously! Thunderball, send it to me right away for further testing. :D Well, as least the legends about the Provari's build quality are not a lie or exaggeration.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously! Thunderball, send it to me right away for further testing. :D Well, as least the legends about the Provari's build quality are not a lie or exaggeration.
Crazy huh?

P.S. Nikkita6...... thanks for the info on the newer ( to me ) Stingray mech. I ordered a black one tonight and a black tugboat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The water must not have gotten into the firing button to create a short, or maybe a protection circuit tripped. Either way, it's good news! I've destroyed a few cell phones while fishing

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is a true test of quality.

Only a few months after I purhased a 2.5 I bent over to flush the toilet and it fell out of my shirt pocket into the commode.......luckily it was only pee water. I wished I would have watched the "Making of a Provari" video before that incedent....it took forever to use a qtip and get all the icky water out of it....could have rinsed and dried and vaped...doh..

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently took in my first 3mth old 2.5 Provari in a trade and it is a nice comfortable lower powered device. Not a big fan of the single button menu but as far as build quality goes it seems to be pretty nice. With the Timex reputation they have I imagine it will be a good long term device. My wife is a lower watt user and after I get done testing it lol I imagine she will be abusing it for awhile.

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am curious, what are people using more than 30 watts on for a tank or rda or whatever? Thunderball, you said because of the power limitation that the Provari 3 was out and I don't understand what people are using so much power for, just pure curiosity. I have been vaping just over a year, quit smoking at that time was actually vaping some before quitting cigarettes but vaping consistently since then. The longer I have vaped the less I have set my mods for power, usually only run 8 watts now. Most of the time I use Nautilus tanks, I am guessing that people are using things that I haven't tried or don't use normally that they want such high amounts of power. The way things are right now, I wouldn't push it with a 15 watt limit let alone 30 so it is just hard to understand why anyone would even want 50, 100 or more watts.

I have several mods, a mechanical, a mechanical with a kick, a Kool Fire 2, one that I can't remember the brand, but end up using my Smok SID most of the time so I want to get a high quality similar size/shape mod that uses 18650's and so far I can't find anything better than a Provari 3. Anyone have a different suggestion that I should consider?

Thanks!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great story.

And if they ever up the wattage and down the price a bit, I could find a credit card.
It's at the bottom of the sink, with the rest of discretionary income...

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
John, if 20watts covers your needs and you have the money for a provari 3 and you like the looks, buy one. I have atty's that need more than 20 watts, but my kayfun never goes over 18watts. A provari 3 with a kayfun 4 attached using the p3 connector is my ideal daily driver setup. Not spending $5 a day on cigarettes pays for something like a provari pretty quick. The purchase is further justified when you consider it will likely last for years.

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
John, if 20watts covers your needs and you have the money for a provari 3 and you like the looks, buy one. I have atty's that need more than 20 watts, but my kayfun never goes over 18watts. A provari 3 with a kayfun 4 attached using the p3 connector is my ideal daily driver setup. Not spending $5 a day on cigarettes pays for something like a provari pretty quick. The purchase is further justified when you consider it will likely last for years.

That was my idea as far as the durability from what everyone tells me and what I have read over and over on forums. I have the SID which was seventy some dollars and works but the fire switch on it has been kind of crap from the start and the black coating is all coming off of the tube. It still works but looks horrible. Also, I had to find another cap for the tube because the original stripped out too bad to be usable and I am babying this one until I buy something else. I was choking at the cost of a Provari 3, heck I thought the Provari 2.5 was crazy before they dropped the price some with the intro of the 3 but on the other hand if it lasts a bunch of years and an $80 mod has to be replaced about every year, is it more expensive or less expensive in the long run. Probably less. Now to get my wife to agree with me! :mad:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kayfun v4 on a provari 3 using the p3 connector. Very nice.

ypMcdgJ.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
News flash.. electronics usually still work after being dried..

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their new video even states that they're put under water when each individual mod is tested.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
News flash.. electronics usually still work after being dried..

Not knocking the Provari at all..

Electronics and water is not a problem... it's only when electricity comes into the mix ( ie powered on ) that problems happen. So the news flash is really old news... what would be a real one now, is if the Provari was being fired while submerged... that would be news worthy.

I've seen computer components sitting outside in the elements, work just fine after their contacts were cleaned up to remove any corrosion and everything re-assembled.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not knocking the Provari at all..

Electronics and water is not a problem... it's only when electricity comes into the mix ( ie powered on ) that problems happen. So the news flash is really old news... what would be a real one now, is if the Provari was being fired while submerged... that would be news worthy.

I've seen computer components sitting outside in the elements, work just fine after their contacts were cleaned up to remove any corrosion and everything re-assembled.
:)

VU Sponsors