PSA: Warning Fake Samsung 25R batts being sold

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mooch posted on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ors_i_need_your_help/?st=j5v5pmlv&sh=ddb9488f

DFcL4RV.jpg

it appears ones with a date code of 2G22 are 3-4 amp rewraps. mooch is still investigating. if anyone has any performing badly you can give mooch the above info via the reddit link

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reading on Mooch's FB, he isn't sure yet if they are indeed fakes, or that there are genuine 25R's that are very low quality at the moment. It seems likely they are rewraps of another Samsung battery, that is good for 3-4A! EDIT: It seems from reading more comments they are fakes, finding out what is part of the mystery.

Either way, it sucks, and I hope no one has got any of them, and thanks @SirRichardRear for the heads up.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This always seems to happen to batteries once they become super popular.

The VTC5s were fake so bad that I just stuck with the VTC4s

Thanks for the excellent reporting. @SirRichardRear

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 25r's came from eciggity, they're good. The others are 30q's from imr. Saw this post as well as potential fake lg he2's Mooch posted about as well. Personally I don't get it. I know rewrap companies don't care about safety, but seriously what a stupid thing to counterfeit. Batteries. Yea that sounds like a get rich quick scheme. Forget making rolex knockoffs, here's the real cash cow - we're gonna counterfeit baby pacifiers cause that's where the money's at.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do IMR batteries come with a sticker saying IMR etc covering the original label?

VU Sponsors