Become a Patron!

Pulse 22 RDA - Hardly any flavor

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys maybe you can help me. I have a pulse 22 with a prebuilt clapton coil (kanthal) and the ohms are at .36. I got it up to about 40 watts and after 2 hits I get burnt taste, I watched multiple youtube videos and I have it set at the right height and have it wicked properly (not too much to make the coil move and not to little either) Japanese cotton. I need it a little warmer and I like to taste the sweet of my juices like I get with my sub ohm tank. I was told flavor was supposed to be better with an rda but it is not even close. I'm also not sure but the volts at 40 watts are over 4 and I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing because it only sits at about 2.25 on 60 watts on my sub ohm tank. Any help would be appreciated. Also that build is the 4th one I've used and it is not getting any better. I have cleaned it so I am pretty sure it is not machine oil. Just very muted flavor. I don't want to give up because I like sweet juices and my sub ohm coils only last 1 week max on my fireluke mesh coil and then it burns on 1 side. Thank You!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor is not better in RDAs..I just CAN be better for some.. It's just easier sometimes to build in an RDA so good results are often easier to achieve.

Are you sure your dripping enough? Getting wicking right is more Art than science, so it takes a bit a trial and error. 4volts of output at 40watts on .36ohm is high should be 3.79v. at 10.54amps. Check to make sure connections are tight. Could be getting a hot leg... Claptons, are prone to hot spotting, they did glow evenly from the center out when dry burned? Got any plain wire say 26 awg or 24 try more simple build. What Builds have you tried?

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
Yes I checked the leads and I just picked up some 24 gauge wire. Gonna try a simple build and see what happens. I've just tried claptons so far just from different companies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using more or less airflow with the dripper than your Tank? Is the drip tip bigger than the one on your tank. Might try if possible a tip with smaller ID.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
Yeah I only have 1 hole open on the air flow and i am using the smaller tip that came with it

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And, the huge advantage to an RDA is - squonking. Tanks always leak more than squonkers.

Given that, (theoretically), investment in RDA's on the main squonker SHOULD be cheaper than tanks.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
I am looking into buying a squonk mod for it but I want to be able to build properly and get flavor before I spend the money and I've got no idea which squonk mod I even want lol

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Take your wick out and dry fire the coils. Watch closely. Do they both glow from the middle out, OR... do one or both start glowing from the leg (where it attaches to the post)? Reading the problem, it sounds to me like a "hot leg". Solution.. reposition your coil and tighten the screws firmly.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
I'll check that when I get home. It was fine when I put it in but I'll make sure it didnt move or something

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a QUAD CORE FUSED CLAPTON COIL 316L SS 28GX4/36G / 3.0MM / 6 @~0.22ohm in my Pulse 22 on a Pulse 80 at 55w using the 810 drip tip with the air flow wide open and get good flavor. I squonk it every 2 - 3 vapes to make sure I don't get a dry hit but that is the same way I squonk/vape all my RDA.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've a Pulse 22 and have never gotten a good vape from it. I squonk and am experienced with building, wicking, air flow, etc. It's not uncommon for some to love an RDA and others to not like it at all. It's the nature of every single item in vaping, from batteries to wicks. I gave it a good try and put it back in its box. In the future I may give it another shot, but probably not as I have other RDAs that I love, so why waste anymore time on it?

In general, RDAs are better for flavor than tanks, but there are exceptions. If you can, try some other RDAs.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
I've a Pulse 22 and have never gotten a good vape from it. I squonk and am experienced with building, wicking, air flow, etc. It's not uncommon for some to love an RDA and others to not like it at all. It's the nature of every single item in vaping, from batteries to wicks. I gave it a good try and put it back in its box. In the future I may give it another shot, but probably not as I have other RDAs that I love, so why waste anymore time on it?

In general, RDAs are better for flavor than tanks, but there are exceptions. If you can, try some other RDAs.

Which ones would you suggest as I am def a flavor chaser lol

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which ones would you suggest as I am def a flavor chaser lol

If you can find a real Hadaly it's as good as it gets. But they're expensive and hard to find. I have a few of the Shenray clones and they're fantastic. I got two Entheons clones, the Ulton, and they are also great. My next purchase will be an original one. I also use the Drop which is kind of ugly, but has very good flavor.

You have to keep in mind how utterly and completely subjective all of our vaping experiences are.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
If you can find a real Hadaly it's as good as it gets. But they're expensive and hard to find. I have a few of the Shenray clones and they're fantastic. I got two Entheons clones, the Ulton, and they are also great. My next purchase will be an original one. I also use the Drop which is kind of ugly, but has very good flavor.

Thank You! I'll see if I can find one local.

vallerilowe715

Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for your help. Turns out I wasn't dripping enough liquid on it and I turned the watts up higher after I checked to make sure all was good. Got my flavor!

VU Sponsors