Become a Patron!

Pulse 24 screw question

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got my Pulse 24 yesterday and when I was taking it apart to examine it, two of the phillips screws were in so tight, they started to strip. I set it aside and this morning, my husband went to the store and got me some additional screwdrivers of various sizes. Using a slightly larger one, we managed to get them out. But I'm afraid that with subsequent use, they'll strip even further.

I've replaced them with the included grub screws but I was wondering if anyone knows what kind/size of screws the phillips heads are and where to get them. Alternatively, can I just use regular silver grub screws or do they need to be the gold plated kind? I'm sure at some point, I'm going to need to replace one or more as my fumbling fingers tend to drop them.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It won't matter if they're gold plated or not (unless it'll bother you) but to be honest I'm betting most people are probably going to say they prefer the grub screws anyways.
Have you checked to see if you have any from other rda's that would fit? If you really really want those same ones I have 2 pulse 24's and could send you a couple. I don't mind either screw type to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The screws in MOST atomizer are either metric 2.5mm or 3mm.

They come in sizes labeled like M3x4mm

Which is a 3mm diameter, 4mm length.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It won't matter if they're gold plated or not (unless it'll bother you) but to be honest I'm betting most people are probably going to say they prefer the grub screws anyways.
Have you checked to see if you have any from other rda's that would fit? If you really really want those same ones I have 2 pulse 24's and could send you a couple. I don't mind either screw type to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks. No need if regular grubs will suffice, as I have a bag of about 50 of them. Since they're hidden, I don't really care what they look like as long as they work. :)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The screws in MOST atomizer are either metric 2.5mm or 3mm.

They come in sizes labeled like M3x4mm

Which is a 3mm diameter, 4mm length.

When I searched 3x4 mm screws on FT, I was *not* prepared for what would result. :eek::oops:

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oops, almost forgot to tell you where to get them, I get the grub screw ones with the hex ends because they're usually easier to find and cheaper, but I find slot grub to be easier to work with.

I've used BoltDepot.com but Grainger may even have them in stock local to you.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Maybe it's just me but I think the biggest mistake anyone can make is to use the junk disposable screw drivers that are included with most tanks.
I think they designed those to sell replacement screws.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
used a few different drivers and they all were iffy feeling for tightness.
Kind of preferring the hex head for a more snug fit IMHO.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe it's just me but I think the biggest mistake anyone can make is to use the junk disposable screw drivers that are included with most tanks.
I think they designed those to sell replacement screws.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

I never use those, I used the ones in my Coil Master kit. But those screws helped get me 2 more sets of good screwdrivers of various sizes and types. :)

VU Sponsors