Become a Patron!

Pulse 24 vs dead rabbit: my initial thoughts

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, got my dead rabbit today. Built it and vaped it. It's nice. Comparing it to my pulse 24:

Flavor is on par with each other. My pulse edges it out currently but it may be a coil issue as I did not out exact same coils in.

Vapor-again on par.

Airflow: pulse 24 wins for me. Its smoother snd quieter. This is at the airflow i use (single hole wide open. However if you use half or anything other than full airflows (both or single) this changes. On the rabbit its smooth but not as smooth snd isn't as quiet.

Design: I prefer the pulse. Clean lines, simple. Of course this is about the most subjective thing.

Build deck: no preference..essentially both post less.

Leaking: neither leak much but id say the rabbit will be less leak prone-as long as you keep the barrel on.

Whicking: both easy-if i had to say id give it to the pulse due to the juice well.

Both drip tips are good. Construction seems on par with each other.

I like how the pulse locks into place wjen placing the barrel on-lining up the airflow. However you can adjust the rabbits airflow to hit center coil because it does not lock in place, though I have not noticed any real difference in taste because of this.

That's my initial take. Both seem to be great rda's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harriszl

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the write up. I have a pulse 24 which I really like, and I was thinking of getting a dead rabbit. I think I will just stay with the pulse.

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pretty much agree with the OP. I have both, and while they are both excellent, I’d keep the Pulse 24 if I could only have one. The airflow is really good on the DR, but it’s on another level with the Pulse 24 IMO. One minor annoyance with the DR is that the design kinda dictates that you raise the coils fairly high off the deck, and that means longer wicks, and in my experience, the shorter the wick the more efficient it is in transporting juice to your coils. Also, the Pulse 24 works better in squonk mode (which is how I’ve been using it mostly) because the juice ports are simply more effective at directing juice straight to your wicks. But honestly, both of these RDA’s are winners. You can’t go wrong with either one.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats a good build to try on the pulse 24 running on the pulse mech mod single battery 18650. i have VTC6s which should be good upto 25 amps (when pulse/vaped according to mooch).

first build i put in was a 3x28/38 nichrome dual. .17 ohms which is within 25 amps. took too long to ramp up for me and was just too airy. not much flavor but lots of cloud lol.

next i put in dual 26 guage 6 wrap simple SS clapton. .22 ohms. better but it was a more relaxed warm vape with 1 hole fully open and the other one fully closed.

not really a mech/dual coil/big airflow guy since im more into restricted small chamber atomizers on regulated squonkers (hadaly/entheon/ultimate are the ones in my rotation). but im trying to like this style of vaping. am i building it wrong?

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try single coil. That's what I've been running in my pulse 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get a parallel mod and build lower or get a series and build higher. The more metal you have the less a single battery will safely fire.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My stainless 3x28/36 fires great at 4.3v at .17 ohm but on a fully charged mech it's only at 4.2 and that's before voltage drop.

I was enjoying a build with 3x24 kanthal in parallel no outer wrap at 3.XX volts but that was .1 ohm which is pretty low for a single battery. Not saying it can't be done just not the safest.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Pulse 24 is the perfect RDA period. The Dead rabbit coils sit to high and dry up too quick. Pulse 24 can be a single coil or a dual coil and has the best flavor I ever had on any RDA. I been through allot of RDA's since February 2015.

VU Sponsors