Become a Patron!

Pulse Dual 220w mod opinions

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Found a killer deal on the Pulse Dual 220w. Those that have it what are your opions? Any issues?

Also a question about using a dual battery mod. Is it best to have to of the same brand new batteries married to it? Or doesn't it matter?

Also with the fact that I rarely go over 50w should I expect exceptional battery life with this one?

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a dual, yeah: marry the cells - and yes, the same brand/model.
I can get ohh... 2 days out of my vt133 and about that with the basium as well, around 40w. (Obviously chain-vaping is going to cut that).

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine has worked flawlessly and I love it. I have seen some folks reporting autofiring though. Don't know how prevalent it is, but worth mentioning. It's also tough to decipher how much of any reported issue is user error unless it;s the same issue over a large number of users.

With the right batteries at 50 watts I would think your battery life would be quite good. My only personal complaint is refilling the bottle. The collar is too small and I always wind up squeezing out some juice when putting the top back on, but there are ways around that that I really need to try.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found a killer deal on the Pulse Dual 220w. Those that have it what are your opions? Any issues?

Also a question about using a dual battery mod. Is it best to have to of the same brand new batteries married to it? Or doesn't it matter?

Also with the fact that I rarely go over 50w should I expect exceptional battery life with this one?

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
Don't know anything about the mod but yes married batteries and yes almost all day battery life.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The mod has worked great the time I have had it. Probably going on 3 months now. Feels great in the hand, no leaking or problems to report.The battery door is nice and tight. I can get two days ( week days) from a set of battery's. The weekend it will vary on how much I use it, If you are getting the kit the Pulse V2 RDA is a nice RDA with a nice design. Easy to build on, full of flavor and doesn't get hot or leak. Almost impossible to over squonk it. It has been the only RDA I have kept using if a kit was bought, I normally wont buy kits but I am happy I did this time.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read about this too. The auto firing is from juice leaking into the board supposedly. I don't remember why it was happening. A guy on Reddit tore one apart and listed causes.
That's where I saw it too and I saw the guys teardown as well. I've had mine a couple months and used it quite a bit with no problems whatsoever. There seemed to be a spurt of autofire reports all at once, like 5 or 6, which makes me wonder if maybe it was a single batch or something.

I love the kit and I hope it's an isolated number. It's only been on Reddit too. Reddit has some solid experienced guys over there, but there's also a huge population of total noobs too so you have to take that into consideration.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mod has worked great the time I have had it. Probably going on 3 months now. Feels great in the hand, no leaking or problems to report.The battery door is nice and tight. I can get two days ( week days) from a set of battery's. The weekend it will vary on how much I use it, If you are getting the kit the Pulse V2 RDA is a nice RDA with a nice design. Easy to build on, full of flavor and doesn't get hot or leak. Almost impossible to over squonk it. It has been the only RDA I have kept using if a kit was bought, I normally wont buy kits but I am happy I did this time.

Thanks for the info on the RDA. I've been curious and haven't read many first hand reports just youtube reviewers that like everything.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info on the RDA. I've been curious and haven't read many first hand reports just youtube reviewers that like everything.
The Pulse V2 is an unbelievably good squonking rda.

Copied and pasted from a comment of mine awhile ago.:
"Yes, it does squonk from under the coils, but you can flood this thing, as in envelope the coils in liquid and the cotton is wet, but the excess flows down into the well very very efficiently because of the channel design on the center block. AND the ball bearing valve in the block closes off the top, but there are bottom holes in the block that keep it from EVER staying actually flooded because the bottle then sucks the excess back in through those bottom holes. But the holes are raised up on the block a couple mm so as to leave some juice in the well to feed the wicks from the bottom too. Pretty close to a perfect sqounk every time."

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've read about leaking issues with the BF and the 80w. And this one has it apparently. This is why I have been avoiding the Pulse line. Scratch this one off the list.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too bad too, because without the autofire issue it's a great mod. I started a poll at Reddit trying to get a grip on on approximately what % are having it.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've read about leaking issues with the BF and the 80w. And this one has it apparently. This is why I have been avoiding the Pulse line. Scratch this one off the list.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
I must be one of the lucky ones then if it is as bad as people try and make it sound. I have the BF only problem and why I don't use it is the voltage drop is just something horrible. Then I have a Pulse X and The Duel and they both see daily use to some extent and have been good solid mods.

Too bad too, because without the autofire issue it's a great mod. I started a poll at Reddit trying to get a grip on on approximately what % are having it.
Please post the results on here. I am interested to see what the % is.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be one of the lucky ones then if it is as bad as people try and make it sound.
I don't know. There were about 6 or 8 right in a bunch over maybe a week and then there hasn't been one in a little while now. As far as I could tell it was selling well, so if true, there's a pretty good number out there. Could mean a lot of things. All I know is I preordered mine for cheap and have had it a couple months with pretty much daily use and zero issues.

VU Sponsors